Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit Won't Have Achievements

AuthorMessage
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 25 June 18 at 12:15
Not so awesome at all.

roll
Heartagram07
Heartagram07
Posted on 25 June 18 at 12:18
YoDz said:
Who do these monsters think they are? How can they just torture us like that. What type of animals plays games without achievements
Heathens I tell you. Worse are those who play games for fun first...the blasphemers
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 25 June 18 at 12:19, Edited on 25 June 18 at 12:20 by EarthboundX
Ah I see, so it's more of a single ep demo for Life is Strange 2?

I assumed it was gonna be a full game in that universe when it was announced.

Not a big deal at all.
Keila
Keila
Posted on 25 June 18 at 12:21
Elyoh said:
TrueAssassin86x said:
Sweet thanks Dontnod. I can finally play a modern game without worrying about achievements for a change. Smh at the idiots that wont play this because lack of achievements i wonder what u all use to do before achievements where mandatory.
Meth.
Lol
Was Sexette
xNSHD
xNSHD
Posted on 25 June 18 at 12:21
no download for me then :) shame i wont get any achievement but least i can put the time into something else.
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 25 June 18 at 12:28, Edited on 25 June 18 at 12:30 by EarthboundX
I'm curious, for the people saying they won't play this because it has no achievements, did you even care about The Life is Strange series in the first place? Or were you just hoping to get some easy GS in a free game you otherwise don't care about?

I would hope someone that actually likes and enjoys the series would still play something they enjoyed.

I own the first game and its prequel but I've not played them yet.
SonOfStayPuft82
Posted on 25 June 18 at 12:31, Edited on 25 June 18 at 12:35 by SonOfStayPuft82
I think it’s a shame that people aren’t going to play this because it doesn’t have Achievements. Yeah they would have been nice, but if you’re a fan of the series, why not give it a chance?

Even more so as there might be references to it in LiS 2 that may go over your heads.

I’ve had it Pre-ordered since E3 & am really looking forward to playing it. I loved Life is Strange & Before the Storm. Plus, it’s a nice thing of Dontnod to do, and more stories in that Universe, Achievements or not, are welcomed by myself.

Ah well, to those that are going to uninstall it...your loss. Especially if it’s a brilliant episode.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 25 June 18 at 12:32
Heartagram07 said:
YoDz said:
Who do these monsters think they are? How can they just torture us like that. What type of animals plays games without achievements
Heathens I tell you. Worse are those who play games for fun first...the blasphemers
I don’t know how Nintendo players do itlaugh
Stealth David
Stealth David
Posted on 25 June 18 at 12:32
EarthboundX said:
I'm curious, for the people saying they won't play this because it has no achievements, did you even care about The Life is Strange series in the first place? Or were you just hoping to get some easy GS in a free game you otherwise don't care about?

I would hope someone that actually likes and enjoys the series would still play something they enjoyed.

Easy Gs
Follow me on Twitter for giveaways @StealthDavid
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 25 June 18 at 12:38
EarthboundX said:

Disliked LiS but was going to give this a go but was not fussed if I missed it. When they announced it, I expected it would be episodic but that is not happening. Would rather play something in my backlog instead.
This post may be sarcastic.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 25 June 18 at 12:39, Edited on 25 June 18 at 12:39 by
NawtyCawty said:
I know we all love achievements but it is a pretty sad and pathetic state of affairs not to play a game just because it hasn't got any.
I won't be playing this due to the the unappealing trailers we've been given and the dev's history of releasing terrible games.

No complaints about achievements at all wink
I'm always willing to help other players boost achievements even if I already have them. Just ask!
I Am a Travisty
Posted on 25 June 18 at 12:39, Edited on 25 June 18 at 12:39 by I Am a Travisty
Life is Strange is one of my favorite games, ever. This news doesn't really bother me. Heck, the farewell episode of Before the Storm didn't have any either and I still loved it.
spankyNspronkle
Posted on 25 June 18 at 12:40
Honestly, it's one way that I think achievements/trophies have ruined gaming for some (like me)...

While one of the positives to come out of it is that I try genre's I never did before... but an unfortunate negative is that I really don't have interest in playing games without those arbitrary pointless little awards.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 25 June 18 at 12:42
EarthboundX said:

I care about the series because they’re easy and not for the quality which is overhyped in my opinion. I was looking for free gamerscore. I think the people that play this will be fans of the series. If I hear incredible things about this I might try it but unlikely.

My backlog is piling up and my issue is I have games I really want to play with achievements so I’m why would I play this game that I’m not really interested in and doesn’t have them. I hope this helps see into the mind of an uninstallersmile
blessed toilet
Posted on 25 June 18 at 12:43
does anyone remember the days of pre-xbox 360 where achievements didnt exist but you still fully 100% the game anyway
DaMikeSC
DaMikeSC
Posted on 25 June 18 at 12:45
Before the Storm was decidedly meh. Pass on this.
ChinDocta
ChinDocta
Posted on 25 June 18 at 12:45
EarthboundX said:

Bad series with easy GS in my opinion, this was going to be more of the same but alas it shall be uninstalled.
GI Flagging Manager
DeceptiveTen
DeceptiveTen
Posted on 25 June 18 at 12:45, Edited on 25 June 18 at 12:53 by DeceptiveTen
TrueAssassin86x said:
Sweet thanks Dontnod. I can finally play a modern game without worrying about achievements for a change. Smh at the idiots that wont play this because lack of achievements i wonder what u all use to do before achievements where mandatory.
never bothered playing games until a guy at work told me about 360 Achievements and I never looked back.. when they stop putting Achievements in the games that's when I stop there would be no point for me. Playing a game without Achievements now would be like not having a Cell Phone now a days
deceptiveten
SilentBobsTag
SilentBobsTag
Posted on 25 June 18 at 12:47
They really should give people the option to straight up buy gamerscore. Why waste precious time with playing something you don't enjoy if you could just fork over the money and get the points. This really would be something for the gamers.
Looking for Gamerscore in all the wrong places !!!
mrbellek
mrbellek
Posted on 25 June 18 at 12:51
Tricked into pre-ordering a free game that is a demo. facepalm

Oh well, I'll probably play it anyway.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.