Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBLA Wednesday: April 11th, 2012

• Posted on 10 April 12 at 17:36Permalink
    TRIALS EVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RIDE ALL THE MOTORCYCLES!
    =P
    BRAAAAAAINS......
  • Posted on 10 April 12 at 17:37Permalink
    Rockox said:
    CounterInsurgnt said:
    Boycott fez till it's 400msp, because the guy who made it doesn't want to "give it away for 800msp".
    Where did he say that?
    In an interview that TA published as a news story about 1 month ago or so.
    2 jobs, 10 hour days, 6 days a week and I still destroy games.
  • SanadaSanada662,256
    Posted on 10 April 12 at 18:59Permalink
    Chief On Kush said:
    I can't believe a game that is blatant advertising is going to cost money. This is as shameful as the Red Bull game that was 800M$P. If you are going to advertise to me while I play your game, at least make it free!
    I'm not so much annoyed by it as surprised. Doritos crash course as well as Harms way were both free. Guess they really want to rake in the money by charging AND advertising.
    You seem a little furious...
  • spletchiespletchie553,141
    Posted on 10 April 12 at 19:55Permalink
    iheartslampigs said:
    Chief On Kush said:
    I can't believe a game that is blatant advertising is going to cost money. This is as shameful as the Red Bull game that was 800M$P. If you are going to advertise to me while I play your game, at least make it free!
    I'm not so much annoyed by it as surprised. Doritos crash course as well as Harms way were both free. Guess they really want to rake in the money by charging AND advertising.
    People always seem to miss the fact that Crash Course and Harm's Way weren't free because they were "advertisement games", but because they were made by amateur game designers and were the finalists in the "Doritos Unlock Xbox Challenge" (and Doritos shelled out $50,000 each to the creators of both of them for being the top finalists).

World Gone Sour seems to be more along the lines of those Burger King games (in theory, not gameplay) - a retail game that is offered on the cheap due to a sponsorship tie-in.
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude703,905
    Posted on 10 April 12 at 20:27Permalink
    Zacry072 said:
    World Gone Sour and Fez!
    Ditto!
    Jake
  • Posted on 10 April 12 at 20:55Permalink
    Going to try the demos for all these titles. Might give World gone sour and skull girls a day one purchase
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 April 12 at 22:11Permalink
    DisneyPrez said:
    if you want to make a statement on DLC costs, buy ONLY world gone sour and leave the rest behind. I would imagine if 4 XBLA games are released and only the cheapest one gets all the sales while the others literally show zero sales, they may just get the message.
    That's what it's going to take, but too many people just gotta have a new game regardless of price even though it will be on sale in a few months anyways...as if they have nothing else to play until then.laugh
  • Barad 007Barad 007779,030
    Posted on 10 April 12 at 22:35Permalink
    Fez looks interesting.
    Battlefield 3 Gamer !
  • W1LLYMANW1LLYMAN726,382
    Posted on 10 April 12 at 23:38Permalink
    Chief On Kush said:
    Red Bull X-Fighters was exactly 'blatant advertising' as it's a legitimate Motocross tour that's existed for more than 10 years.

http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/en_INT/Red-Bull-X-Fighte...
    Where there's a Will; there's a way.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo252,581
    Posted on 11 April 12 at 00:11Permalink
    FEZ! Finally the time has come once again to bend the mind to breaking point.
    'If at first you don't succeed, you fail' GLaDOS
  • Nekro NekoNekro Neko385,817
    Posted on 11 April 12 at 00:29, Edited on 11 April 12 at 00:30 by Nekro NekoPermalink
    KanjiKoka said:
    20 bucks says Fez gets removed...
    Bet taken. Thank you for the free 20 bucks. Though you can just buy me the game on friday instead if that's what you would prefer. ;)
    www.cyberscore.me.uk
  • TomGranzZzTomGranzZz116,851
    Posted on 11 April 12 at 00:41Permalink
    Oh man i thought world gone sour would be free cause its a sour patch game.....But it is capcom so cant really expect much facepalm
    Oh well i guess i will just wait for minecraft
  • anthony2690anthony2690688,780
    Posted on 11 April 12 at 00:52Permalink
    KanjiKoka said:
    20 bucks says Fez gets removed...
    I'll take your bet on aswell, or you can buy me Fez like someone else said.

I think your going to be very poor after friday with all these takers ;)
  • BeachemBeachem276,177
    Posted on 11 April 12 at 01:27Permalink
    I'm interested in Fez and Skullgirls. Will have to check out the trials!
    Jump right out of a creek!
  • ShonicTHShonicTH141,755
    Posted on 11 April 12 at 03:05Permalink
    All of you should go buy Skullgirls right now. I have a friend who did some voice acting in it.
  • Posted on 11 April 12 at 03:08Permalink
    Have you guys even seen the gameplay for WGS?
    It looks amazing.

It looks 100% better graphics wise than fez, and the price also looks 100% better.
    2 jobs, 10 hour days, 6 days a week and I still destroy games.
  • Posted on 11 April 12 at 03:33, Edited on 11 April 12 at 03:36 by Z4M0Permalink
    PEPE Z0MBIE 666 said:
    TRIALS EVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RIDE ALL THE MOTORCYCLES!
    =P
    THIS! clap

spletchie said:
    iheartslampigs said:
    Chief On Kush said:
    People always seem to miss the fact that Crash Course and Harm's Way weren't free because they were "advertisement games", but because they were made by amateur game designers and were the finalists in the "Doritos Unlock Xbox Challenge" (and Doritos shelled out $50,000 each to the creators of both of them for being the top finalists).

World Gone Sour seems to be more along the lines of those Burger King games (in theory, not gameplay) - a retail game that is offered on the cheap due to a sponsorship tie-in.
    I think the doritos stuff wasn't like that (correct me if I'm wrong) but more like those food flavor contests... people don't make their own strawberry flavored potato chips to join the competition, they just send them the idea.

People exposed their ideas to judges: miss chobot (the gal from ign if I recall), Larry hryb (major nelsomthing) and the doritos señor... the most appealing ideas where handed to (2 different) pro studios to develop the concepts. If this was so, Doritos had to pay both the winners and the devs.[edit]...and the game was still free.[/]

Doesn't anyone here remember the videos where the "amateurs" were exposing their ideas like kindergarten's show and tell laugh ? I can't recall any "in development" amateur coded stuff in the contest's countdown...

Wife works @ advertising (She gets angry when I say it's mind probing) but still I won't pay for such blatant advertising even if it's a 800 msp worth game reduced to half the price just for being a playable ad. wink
  • PetrifiedPetrified965,090
    Posted on 11 April 12 at 05:45Permalink
    ycsmnews com said:
    World Gone Sour = 400 points? Geez, where's the "free" at?
    Only Doritos is kind enough to do that
  • Posted on 11 April 12 at 07:17Permalink
    World Gone Sour peaked my interest....
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty529,579
    Posted on 11 April 12 at 09:27Permalink
    Chief On Kush said:
    They can advertise in a game all they want if its only going to cost 400 MSP, rather than these 1200 MSP rip-offs.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.