Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

UNO & Friends Servers Extended Through September

• punkyliarpunkyliar240,298
  • Posted on 29 June 18 at 11:30, Edited on 29 June 18 at 11:30 by I8ITackyticsI8I
    Good for people who haven't finished it - I'm personally indifferent to this news laugh wish this happened more often with other games though!
  • mcnichojmcnichoj242,837
    Posted on 29 June 18 at 11:34
    I got so happy seeing this when I just booted it up, still have to grind out the last fifty levels.
  • OsseblokOsseblok266,124
    Posted on 29 June 18 at 11:44, Edited on 29 June 18 at 14:04 by Osseblok
    Can't install the WP version on my Win10 Phone... Won't be able to play it (on my phone) despite this news. :(

(see newer post below)
  • Posted on 29 June 18 at 12:40
    Can you still buy phones and tablets with win8 on them?
  • LvxLvx301,060
    Posted on 29 June 18 at 12:59
    Mental Hilarity said:
    Can you still buy phones and tablets with win8 on them?
    Only second hand probably.
  • reforc3reforc31,209,534
    Posted on 29 June 18 at 13:19
    Marvel Heroes Omega trend detected... No surprise if the game new plans gets cancelled later next week
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 June 18 at 13:21
    Good news. I didn’t see the last article. Time to finish the last 2 achievements
    twitter.com/jay_smith
  • VictimOfDesireVictimOfDesire2,064,353
    Posted on 29 June 18 at 13:34
    Didn't bother starting these since it wasn't a lot of time, but now I might just try and do them both since we have three months to do them now.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm614,172
    Posted on 29 June 18 at 13:43
    Players no longer have just a couple of days to get the achievements as the servers will now be running until the end of September.
    Shout out to whoever made this happen. There seemed to be good reason to shut down the servers but plenty of advance warning is the right way to do it.
  • MellmerMellmer444,387
    Posted on 29 June 18 at 13:43
    VictimOfDesire said:
    Didn't bother starting these since it wasn't a lot of time, but now I might just try and do them both since we have three months to do them now.
    Unless you want to spend close to $100 in the store on tokens, I would highly recommend not trying this. I was at lvl 63 and spent $41 in the store, only got to lvl 100 a couple days ago. It is still a grind.
  • OsseblokOsseblok266,124
    Posted on 29 June 18 at 14:03
    Osseblok said:
    Can't install the WP version on my Win10 Phone... Won't be able to play it (on my phone) despite this news. :(
    Ok, scrap that...
    I wasn't able to find the correct version through normal search... That got me to the same I already had in my library (maybe the Win (PC) version?).
    However after searching in the store for "Gameloft" (the publisher) and showing all their games I was able to find the game and start it.

But yeah, for the real completionists it's not a good choice to start if you haven't already... It will be a massive grind to get to player lvl 100 (which is one of the cheevos). As my completion rate is already f$cked by other games I myself don't care. :O

So long story short:
    - You can still obtain it on Windows 10 (Mobile)
    - If you haven't started yet and care about your completion rate... Don't bother starting
    Posted on 29 June 18 at 14:14
    Mellmer said:
    VictimOfDesire said:
    Unless you want to spend close to $100 in the store on tokens, I would highly recommend not trying this. I was at lvl 63 and spent $41 in the store, only got to lvl 100 a couple days ago. It is still a grind.
    Is three months of playing it still not enough time?
  • Posted on 29 June 18 at 15:14
    VictimOfDesire said:
    Mellmer said:
    VictimOfDesire said:
    Depends on if you're starting from scratch - if you are, then it will be tough but doable. If you aren't, then yes you should be able to do it - it is very grindy though.
  • CONKER1182CONKER1182574,540
    Posted on 29 June 18 at 15:33
    Wow you dont see extensions like this very often. I only have 50 game wins and 50 bonus goals (IIRC this achievement is kind of a bitch) but I've put a lot of time into this game on the Windows Phone version.

Now IIRC if you start this game on the Windows Phone version then you can only complete it on Windows phone because the achievements will sync right and you can't complete it right?
  • JedEganJedEgan720,658
    Posted on 29 June 18 at 15:34
    I was lucky and this glitched and awarded me the level 100 achievement waaaaaay before it should have.
    Posted on 29 June 18 at 15:38
    I8ITackyticsI8I said:
    VictimOfDesire said:
    Mellmer said:
    VictimOfDesire said:
    Depends on if you're starting from scratch - if you are, then it will be tough but doable. If you aren't, then yes you should be able to do it - it is very grindy though.
    I would be starting from scratch. Can you only play a couple games of this a day because of needing tokens to play? Is that what makes it really long?
  • spankyNspronklespankyNspronkle1,021,179
    Posted on 29 June 18 at 15:49
    Might try for this... it's all I have left in the game and haven't fired up my surface in over a year. I remember it being super grindy and that is why I originally stopped.

Wished I lucked into the glitch... would've made this a super fast completion.
  • Lord KhazmirLord Khazmir979,058
    Posted on 29 June 18 at 16:28
    Thank you!

Ive managed to climb from lvl 22 to 63 since the announcement of closure roughly a month ago and kinda gave up reaching lvl 100 in time - now I Can actually complete it - wuhuu
  • Posted on 29 June 18 at 16:33
    Man, I don't know if I wanna grind out a 200+ completion before September
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.