Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

TA Podcast: ONRUSH, Die for Valhalla, Lichtspeer and Win a Game

• DaveKineticDaveKinetic629,909
  • DariusDaSnepDariusDaSnep508,177
    Posted on 30 June 18 at 16:36
    honestly im excited for the playlist next month i will definately be playing it as it feels very movie ish in a good way!
  • Posted on 30 June 18 at 17:04
    I'm also having a dilemma about Forza Horizon 4. I always buy the game and the season's pass, but I subscribe to game pass. I don't care about playing early, but I'm happy to save the money by not purchasing...and yet, will I be able to buy the DLC for a game I'm basically renting? I guess I'll have to wait and see...
    Rob
  • eayragteayragt318,951
    Posted on 30 June 18 at 18:37
    rumandcokeslurp said:
    I'm also having a dilemma about Forza Horizon 4. I always buy the game and the season's pass, but I subscribe to game pass. I don't care about playing early, but I'm happy to save the money by not purchasing...and yet, will I be able to buy the DLC for a game I'm basically renting? I guess I'll have to wait and see...
    You can certainly buy DLC or Season passes to games you don't own. Also, the FH3 DLC has had decent sales - if you're prepared to wait. Whether this will repeat under the Game Pass model is a different matter...

But if you're subscribing anyway, and would buy the DLC full price, you've got nothing to lose.
    Say everything with a smile
  • D ii N N YD ii N N Y365,105
    Posted on 30 June 18 at 18:56
    I'm definitely going to purchase game pass for FH4. FH3 was the most beautiful game I've played.
  • Posted on 01 July 18 at 05:40
    Gamepass is definitely interesting with new games. Unless you want to support the game it’s cheaper to buy gamepass. I will say I’ve picked up more DLC for games on gamepass since I feel like I didn’t really buy the main game.
  • KooshMooseKooshMoose1,368,148
    Posted on 01 July 18 at 14:05
    You may have just convinced me to buy Nier before it goes on sale... may.
  • RunroyRunroy807,775
    Posted on 01 July 18 at 14:52
    the rogue puzzle game sounds interesting
    [URL=https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/Runroy][IMG]https://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/Runroy.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • Dang3R GamingDang3R Gaming1,478,997
    Posted on 01 July 18 at 19:24
    I kind of get the standpoint of the F13 devs. They can't risk putting time and money into something they may not be able to release, which wastes money they could've put into a new game or anything else.

In relation to the case itself, it's actually the writer for the original Friday the 13th film making the claim. Due to some law they can make a claim after 35 years if they felt they've been cheated out of money etc. if they wrote a film that they got paid hundreds for that went onto make millions. Can't remember his name, but he's made a claim for the rights to his scipt, since he got paid around $9000 apparently, when the film went on to gross $40 million. It should've just been a deal renegotiation, but instead the film company is deciding to sue him over it instead. Seems like a very weird situation.
  • triplepowtriplepow219,873
    Posted on 01 July 18 at 22:50
    eayragt said:
    rumandcokeslurp said:
    You can certainly buy DLC or Season passes to games you don't own. Also, the FH3 DLC has had decent sales - if you're prepared to wait. Whether this will repeat under the Game Pass model is a different matter...

But if you're subscribing anyway, and would buy the DLC full price, you've got nothing to lose.
    And do you get dlc discount or just the game? Either way game for free then option! Okay free minus subscription
    Not trying is the same as failing!
  • Posted on 02 July 18 at 02:42
    Entering giveaway:

I always love following along with what game is gonna be on the playlist for the month - I've only been a part of it once - by chance as I needed to unlock an achievement for a challenge. That was Sunset Overdrive.

Might have been stupid of me to not play Quantum Break in June. While I have Fallout New Vegas somewhere - I don't think I will jump on it. It's a time sink and Fallout games never really caught my interest other than being intrigued by how many people love the series.
    Looking for writers for gamingirl.com. PM me for more information.
  • Posted on 02 July 18 at 22:52
    I have purchased DLC for games that I was borrowing. That would be similar to buying DLC for games on Game Pass. I think that's part of the business model for Game Pass. You get the main game for cheap, but they want you to buy the DLC later. If DLC was included in Game Pass then I would be on board, but for now I have a big enough backlog of games that I don't need to spend more money every month.
  • MakeMeACoffeeMakeMeACoffee1,297,084
    Posted on 06 July 18 at 15:11
    rumandcokeslurp said:
    For Rich's dilemma, the renting aspect may be important.
    I know they have said that first party games will release into games pass day one, bit how long will they stay?

If you 'only' get Forza 4 via GP for 3 months or so, perhaps it's still worth purchasing it like normal via the ultimate edition. Not for the initial early access, but for the long term access.
  • DaveKineticDaveKinetic629,909
    Posted on 06 July 18 at 15:18
    The winner this week is comment number 8 by Dang3R Gaming:
    I kind of get the standpoint of the F13 devs. They can't risk putting time and money into something they may not be able to release, which wastes money they could've put into a new game or anything else.

In relation to the case itself, it's actually the writer for the original Friday the 13th film making the claim. Due to some law they can make a claim after 35 years if they felt they've been cheated out of money etc. if they wrote a film that they got paid hundreds for that went onto make millions. Can't remember his name, but he's made a claim for the rights to his scipt, since he got paid around $9000 apparently, when the film went on to gross $40 million. It should've just been a deal renegotiation, but instead the film company is deciding to sue him over it instead. Seems like a very weird situation.
    Congrats! Check your inbox for the choice of games!
    TA Social Manager | @DaveKinetic
  • Posted on 06 July 18 at 15:52
    rigged.
    Looking for writers for gamingirl.com. PM me for more information.
  • Dang3R GamingDang3R Gaming1,478,997
    Posted on 06 July 18 at 16:58
    Twinkling82 said:
    rigged.
    Must be laugh first time I've won anything.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.