Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Jurassic World Evolution Review

• MegsonGroveMegsonGrove472,707
  • Vex TwilleyVex Twilley246,218
    Posted on 02 July 18 at 04:34
    It's pretty hilarious to watch the raptors get annoyed and break out and start killing people and watch the lawsuits pile up
  • ElyohElyoh1,099,376
    Posted on 02 July 18 at 04:54
    Another game for my wish list... Thanks for the review smile
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,971,747
    Posted on 02 July 18 at 06:17
    Was gonna get it day one, but didn’t due to a lot of decent games sites saying it was pretty awful. So the fact you rate it has sparked my interest again.

Does it have a structured campaign, like say tropico or railway empire? Or is it pure sandbox like cities skylines.

Also, think you forgot to include the hyperlink the first time you said the games title.
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty1,075,907
    Posted on 02 July 18 at 07:24
    Waiting for the physical copy to arrive tomorrow. Another one for the bean dive.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 July 18 at 07:50, Edited on 02 July 18 at 07:50 by
    NawtyCawty said:
    Waiting for the physical copy to arrive tomorrow. Another one for the bean dive.
    what is the point of buying a brand new game just to add to a bean dive.
  • TervaskantoTervaskanto424,707
    Posted on 02 July 18 at 07:55
    Lavindathar said:
    Does it have a structured campaign, like say tropico or railway empire? Or is it pure sandbox like cities skylines.
    Kinda both actually. You start off with a sort of tutorial, running you through the first steps on the first island by progressing through various missions. Once you get 3 stars on that island, you unlock the next one. Isla Nublar (aka Sandbox mode) isn't terribly difficult either, as it's just further progression on the first island, however you are restricted in Sandbox mode to any unlocks in the other five islands. You can also jump between islands whenever you wish (so long as you've unlocked another...obviously you'll be stuck on the first island until you unlock the second). Each island has it's own unique challenges and layouts, so even though you're getting more of the same, it doesn't feel that way. But they're not really structured beyond having a mission - you're free to do whatever you feel will take you to the highest ratings on each island. I'm still having a blast with it, and I've been playing it since launch. Definitely worth snagging if you're into this sort of game.
  • TervaskantoTervaskanto424,707
    Posted on 02 July 18 at 07:57
    xONLYINHUMANxx said:
    NawtyCawty said:
    I presume he's Bean Diving anyway, so he's just gonna hold off until he starts diving. Doesn't mean he ordered it specifically for Bean Dive, just that it's so close he'll just add it to the queue instead of starting it immediately.
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty1,075,907
    Posted on 02 July 18 at 08:30, Edited on 02 July 18 at 08:34 by NawtyCawty
    Tervaskanto said:
    xONLYINHUMANxx said:
    NawtyCawty said:
    I presume he's Bean Diving anyway, so he's just gonna hold off until he starts diving. Doesn't mean he ordered it specifically for Bean Dive, just that it's so close he'll just add it to the queue instead of starting it immediately.
    Exactly. Plus got the World Cup until Friday dance Plus with my internet connection it will take 2 days to install and update laugh
  • Posted on 02 July 18 at 09:58
    No mention on performance?

On a couple of islands I had major framerate drops due to too many guests in an area. Even zooming out fully didn't help that much.
    This is also on the X, so I hope it isn't worse on the OG/S.
    Daft is as daft does
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19772,102,504
    Posted on 02 July 18 at 09:58
    Glad this turned out okay, have liked the look of it for a while.
    Legohead 1977
  • SambarineSambarine1,251,653
    Posted on 02 July 18 at 10:15
    Daft Incarnate said:

On a couple of islands I had major framerate drops due to too many guests in an area. Even zooming out fully didn't help that much.
    I'm on OG and it ran as smooth as butter. Had a few issues on Isla Sorna after the latest update where the controls were delayed by a full second and the frame rate got hammered. After a day or so it cleared up though.
  • SambarineSambarine1,251,653
    Posted on 02 July 18 at 10:18
    I finished this one in the early hours of the morning today and it took about 71 hours (taking my time). Loved it though once you've done everything there isn't much incentive to go back to the Sandbox.
  • Posted on 02 July 18 at 10:30
    Sambarine said:
    Daft Incarnate said:

On one of the islands I had major framerate drops due to too many guests in an area. Even zooming out fully didn't help that much.
    I'm on OG and it ran as smooth as butter. Had a few issues on Isla Sorna after the latest update where the controls were delayed by a full second and the frame rate got hammered. After a day or so it cleared up though.
    Interesting. Though in that instance my guest count was beyond 12k. Maybe an X issue...or just mine in general - it gets hot in my room.
    Daft is as daft does
    Posted on 02 July 18 at 10:46
    Daft Incarnate said:
    Sambarine said:
    Daft Incarnate said:

On one of the islands I had major framerate drops due to too many guests in an area. Even zooming out fully didn't help that much.
    Interesting. Though in that instance my guest count was beyond 12k. Maybe an X issue...or just mine in general - it gets hot in my room.
    I reviewed it on the Xbox One and didn't experience any problems with the performance :)
  • Reina WattReina Watt683,129
    Posted on 02 July 18 at 10:49
    So it's an improved version of Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis basically? That was a pretty good game back on the PS2 and original XBox as well as PC, pretty hard though and frustrating as management games tend to be.

I'm curious about it, may see if I can get it or give it a try first.
    Why get a life when as a gamer you live more lives than you can manage
    Posted on 02 July 18 at 10:51
    Tervaskanto said:
    Lavindathar said:
    Kinda both actually. You start off with a sort of tutorial, running you through the first steps on the first island by progressing through various missions. Once you get 3 stars on that island, you unlock the next one. Isla Nublar (aka Sandbox mode) isn't terribly difficult either, as it's just further progression on the first island, however you are restricted in Sandbox mode to any unlocks in the other five islands. You can also jump between islands whenever you wish (so long as you've unlocked another...obviously you'll be stuck on the first island until you unlock the second). Each island has it's own unique challenges and layouts, so even though you're getting more of the same, it doesn't feel that way. But they're not really structured beyond having a mission - you're free to do whatever you feel will take you to the highest ratings on each island. I'm still having a blast with it, and I've been playing it since launch. Definitely worth snagging if you're into this sort of game.
    Pretty much this haha! Each park is slightly different in how you need to manage it, then there's the sandbox park with unlimited money, so there's some kind of structure but also paired with some freedom to do what you want :)
  • Posted on 02 July 18 at 13:13
    This is a fun sim if you have any interest in Jurrasic Park or like simulator games.. You can build a small enclosure and just release any two types of dinosaur you want and watch them brawl it out.
  • Posted on 02 July 18 at 13:51
    Great review.
    Sabin VII
  • GdinutGdinut437,327
    Posted on 02 July 18 at 14:26
    xONLYINHUMANxx said:
    NawtyCawty said:
    Exactly, i dont buy new games unless i am playing them right away. Otherwise i wait for them to go on sale.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads