Game Discussion: Assault Android Cactus

S+

  • JPertuJPertu272,898
    Posted on 03 July 18 at 15:29Permalink
    Hi everyone, i'm going for the S+ on every level and i want to create a post where we can share tips.

    At the moment of writing this i have S+ on 18 levels.
    I'm having troubles with 3-3, 3-4 and 4-4. I' would like to hear your opinion on what android to use and whitch strategy you used to get trough it.

    As far as what android i used i will write a list down here:

    Zone 1 -1: Cactus
    -2: Lemon
    -3: Lemon
    -4: Peanut
    -5 Boss: Lemon
    Zone 2 -1: Lemon
    -2: Holly
    -3: Peanut
    -4: Holly
    -5 Boss: Starch
    Zone 3 -1: Holly
    -2: Holly
    -3:
    -4:
    -5: Holly
    Zone 4 -1: Holly
    -2: Holly
    -3: Holly
    -4:
    -5: Holly
    Zone 5 -1: Holly
  • Posted on 03 July 18 at 16:20Permalink
    So far... I did 1-1 to 2-4 with just Holly, used Starch for 2-5, and did 3-1 during my first playthrough of the levels with Cactus.

    Utterly stuck on 3-2 though. 3-3 and 3-4 did not look much better. The levels feel very awkward. For 3-2, I like the idea of Holly, but I'm struggling to keep combo when they bring out the Titans, Turrets, or Mega Kegs (common problem). Ideally you use the cannonball there I guess, but it feels very hard despite that.

    Also, you used Lemon for 1-5? That felt like one of the harder characters to do it with, her secondary didn't feel strong enough to force quick phases. Holly, Liquorice, Peanut, Starch, or Cactus feel like the most viable choices for Embryo.
    I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
  • JPertuJPertu272,898
    Posted on 03 July 18 at 16:45Permalink
    My first 5 levels where trying to figure out whitch android to use that's why they are a bit random.

    I agree that Holly, Peanut and Cactus are the best so far, haven't found a level where i need Starch thou.

    For 3-2 i suggest abusing the Invincibility Frames that you get from swapping the primary and secondary gun.
  • Ale386Ale386730,580
    Posted on 04 July 18 at 17:37Permalink
    I started this game yesterday and I've just unlocked the achievement. I've played the game for less than 12 hours and I only got some problems on the last two zones (Even though, the real pain between the two was the last one).

    The only tips that I can give you are these:

    First: Use Holly for ALL the levels except boss fights. For boss fights use Cactus (Or Starch, but I prefer Cactus because of her flamethrower). These two are the only characters I used for the entire game, I never touched the others.

    Second: Use cn_LT to avoid lasers or bullets. While you change weapon with cn_LT, you will be invincible for a little more than one second to the enemy's lasers and bullets. So take advantage of this, because a lot of times this will save you from restarting the level again. Also, because of this, you should not heat up the secondary weapon and then wait for it to cooldown. Because you can only change your weapon when the cooldown hits the 75% (I only used this cooldown trick on just one level of the entire game: the last one).
  • beMoDbeMoD344,572
    Posted on 08 July 18 at 20:46Permalink
    Ale386 said:
    I started this game yesterday and I've just unlocked the achievement. I've played the game for less than 12 hours and I only got some problems on the last two zones (Even though, the real pain between the two was the last one).
    Can you please post a guide starting with "Actually this achievement is VERY easy", so i can downvote that guide?
  • oinkbatoinkbat404,095
    Posted on 09 July 18 at 04:19Permalink
    I appreciate everyone's post about their method. I found a YouTuber (PureRuby87) that showed her successful S+ run for each level! Please search for "Android Assault Cactus S+" and you'll find her playlist.

    I didn't link because I honestly don't know the rules and etiquette, I would assume that she would want views and this community wants helpful comments, but I'll recommend searching instead to be safe.

    Hope you're all successful!
  • Ale386Ale386730,580
    Posted on 10 July 18 at 02:06Permalink
    beMoD said:
    Ale386 said:
    I started this game yesterday and I've just unlocked the achievement. I've played the game for less than 12 hours and I only got some problems on the last two zones (Even though, the real pain between the two was the last one).
    Can you please post a guide starting with "Actually this achievement is VERY easy", so i can downvote that guide?
    Hey... psss... have you ever heard about subjectivity?

    Also, no thanks, I don't want to post a guide where a rude, random guy can downvote it just because he didn't like my personal opinion on my personal experience.

    I never said that the achievement is "VERY Easy", but if you want my opinion about it right now, here you go: the achievement isn't even close as hard compared to the other achievements I've done in the past. Sure, it's not easy, but it just requires a couple of tries, patience and a solid path learning (Like every other hard game, anyway).

    Again, this is just my personal opinion.
  • Posted on 12 July 18 at 19:21, Edited on 14 July 18 at 13:22 by I8ITackyticsI8IPermalink
    Here's me so far:
    Starch / Peanut 1-1
    Starch 1-2
    Holly 1-3
    Holly 1-4
    Cactus 1-5
    Holly 2-1
    Holly 2-2
    Holly 2-3
    Holly 2-4
    Cactus 3-1

    I think Holly is my favourite now.
  • dubaitaibdubaitaib160,173
    Posted on 13 July 18 at 00:53Permalink
    Stage 5 is going to be a ride... I did all first 4 Stages s+ relatively easy, but as soon as I saw Stage 5... I almost cried haha

    Holly is the one to use almost always. Its so easy to keep the combo up with her.
  • Tatl360Tatl360228,917
    Posted on 26 January 19 at 04:43, Edited on 26 January 19 at 04:43 by Tatl360Permalink
    Is the S+ leaderboard not tracking for some reason?

    I have some S+ on all levels of the first episode, with multiple androids in the same levels, and the stupid leaderboard says I have zero S+. angry
  • Silver SalvoSilver Salvo734,906
    Posted on 12 March 19 at 17:18Permalink
    beMoD said:
    Ale386 said:
    I started this game yesterday and I've just unlocked the achievement. I've played the game for less than 12 hours and I only got some problems on the last two zones (Even though, the real pain between the two was the last one).
    Can you please post a guide starting with {#}Actually this achievement is VERY easy{#}, so i can downvote that guide?
    Lmao
  • Posted on 03 November 19 at 06:15Permalink
    Tatl360 said:
    Is the S+ leaderboard not tracking for some reason?

    I have some S+ on all levels of the first episode, with multiple androids in the same levels, and the stupid leaderboard says I have zero S+. angry
    Do you have any EX options turned on? Some of them void rankings.

    Also, I personally used Cactus for every single level except the last two levels where I used Starch. I also used Cactus for all of the infinity mode and boss mode achievements.
  • Tatl360Tatl360228,917
    Posted on 03 November 19 at 14:43Permalink
    Bastian Reader said:
    Tatl360 said:
    Is the S+ leaderboard not tracking for some reason?

    I have some S+ on all levels of the first episode, with multiple androids in the same levels, and the stupid leaderboard says I have zero S+. angry
    Do you have any EX options turned on? Some of them void rankings.

    Also, I personally used Cactus for every single level except the last two levels where I used Starch. I also used Cactus for all of the infinity mode and boss mode achievements.
    No. I've used Cactus too, yes. Didn't use any of the extra options unless it was to unlock some achievement.

    The leaderboard is broken. It doesn't affect the achievement though.
    But I noticed that if you press NEXT LEVEL instead of coming back to the main menu it usually registers. If not, you can always do S+ again and press next level.

    But it's unlikely that a person who attempted several times a level to S+ it will go to next level. Usually the person is tired. headspin
    It's clearly a bug that passed because several people finished the game with very few S+ on the Xbox leaderboard.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.