Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS EDITION Walkthrough Discussion

• Information
    Posted on 04 July 18 at 19:33
    Please use this thread to discuss the NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS EDITION walkthrough
  • Information
    Posted on 17 August 18 at 16:40
    We are currently looking for a new owner, please post in here or send the Walkthrough Manager a PM if you are interested in writing it.
  • psybOltOnpsybOltOn291,564
    Posted on 29 October 20 at 13:25
    Hello everyone, I'm the new owner for the NieR: Automata walkthrough. While I'm aware the game was out for a couple of years already, I hope this walkthrough will help at least some, who started the game late just like me.
    Here's a little update about the process:
    3 playthroughs done. I'm over 25 pages and 10000 words. What's still missing, but working on it:
    - extension of tips and tricks
    - side quest rearranging in playthrough 1 for a more logical way with less backtracking
    - collectables finalizing
    - mopup section completion
    I'm doing my best to be able to submit for review as soon as possible, should be close to finish by this weekend.
  • Orange Cow72Orange Cow72212,406
    Posted on 30 October 20 at 16:04
    Looking forward to it!
  • Posted on 30 October 20 at 16:51
    That's awesome. Will be glad of a walkthrough for this one. Looking forward to it
    Daniel Jackson/ultramarine360
    Posted on 01 November 20 at 16:01, Edited on 03 November 20 at 01:37 by psybOltOn
    EDIT: I've just submitted the walkthrough. I've put around 150 hours in playing the game and writing the walkthrough. I ended up with a 40 page, 16000 word walkthrough. This is my first one, too, so please, if you find any mistake, have any question, correction, suggestion, anything - let me know and I'll fix it ASAP.
    I hope you'll enjoy the game and will find my walkthrough useful.
  • Posted on 03 November 20 at 10:53
    I'll hopefully be jumping straight into this so would you prefer fixes sent via message or a post on this page? Thank you so much for writing this!
  • Dang3R GamingDang3R Gaming1,378,177
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 11:16
    Posts on this page would be preferred by the team I would say, because if the fix is never put through, we can ping the owner ourselves incase they missed the post or forgot. It also lets us know that there’s something that may need fixing.

Not speaking for the owner, just speaking from the standpoint of overseers and management on the walkthrough team personally.
    Posted on 03 November 20 at 16:00, Edited on 03 November 20 at 16:03 by psybOltOn
    I never tried this function before, but if adding this thread to email updates means I'll get a mail every time someone posts here, then I'm all in for posting it here. This way management can keep an eye on it and we can avoid duplicate fix messages.

Edit: PS: thank you all for the support :)
  • Information
  • Chyld989Chyld989684,374
    Posted on 09 November 20 at 14:09
    Thanks for making this! The only thing I noticed at first glance is that the initial page shows that only 1 playthrough is required, but based on your initial post here (and what it looks like from the walkthrough itself) there are actually multiple playthroughs required. Not a huge deal, but something that's a bit misleading for anyone looking at the walkthrough that doesn't already know multiple will be required.
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz477,321
    Posted on 09 November 20 at 14:30
    Hey fantastic. Have really been looking forward to a walkthrough for this before it leaves Game Pass.

Can anyone confirm how many playthroughs are required. And if multiple are necessary; how much gamerscore can you get from just the first playthrough. Thanks.
    Posted on 09 November 20 at 14:55
    Hi, it is one playthrough, but technically three. The first two are quite similar as it tells the first ten chapters from 2B then 9S's point of view. There are quite some overlap but there also some chapters where you play completely different levels, depending on who you control. Also 9S's hacking adds a new dimension to both combat and exploring. The third playthrough is a completely new experience as you continue the story from chapter 11. So the more you play, the more you experience.
    It is very unique in this regard, this is not playing through the same three times. You won't experience the full story if you don't play it through three times.

If I'm not mistaken, you can unlock 23 achievements (420 GS) on your first playthrough, 8 more (165 GS) on your next one, 10 on the third one (180 GS) and 7 in end-game (235 GS).

Since the mail on new posts here working just fine, if you have any question, correction, addition please let me know.
  • Posted on 09 November 20 at 20:33
    Excited for this! Thank you for the effort put into the WT. happy to provide feedback as I move through the game (probably early 2021 for me).

To note on the subject of "playthroughs": on your overview page the language you use states that there are 3 playthroughs as opposed to 1. I understand this is a unique game in that each playthrough is not the same as the one before, but it sounds to me that calling out 3 playthroughs is more clear than "1 playthrough but 3 times through the story" so-to-speak.
    Posted on 09 November 20 at 20:46
    Maybe I should call the playthroughs routes there too. Because exactly this: it is not 3 times through the story. You play three routes to get to the end of the story.

I'm open to change it to three but I'd also like to get some feedback from someone who completed the game. Though route A and B is similar, it is only half of the game.
    Posted on 09 November 20 at 21:36
    psybOltOn said:
    Hi, it is one playthrough, but technically three. The first two are quite similar as it tells the first ten chapters from 2B then 9S's point of view. There are quite some overlap but there also some chapters where you play completely different levels, depending on who you control. Also 9S's hacking adds a new dimension to both combat and exploring. The third playthrough is a completely new experience as you continue the story from chapter 11. So the more you play, the more you experience.
    It is very unique in this regard, this is not playing through the same three times. You won't experience the full story if you don't play it through three times.

If I'm not mistaken, you can unlock 23 achievements (420 GS) on your first playthrough, 8 more (165 GS) on your next one, 10 on the third one (180 GS) and 7 in end-game (235 GS).

Since the mail on new posts here working just fine, if you have any question, correction, addition please let me know.
    Excellent. Thank you for the detailed response.
    I understand now that it is actually a difficult question to answer but I understand what you mean.
    Posted on 09 November 20 at 21:46
    FiveWizz said:
    Excellent. Thank you for the detailed response.
    I understand now that it is actually a difficult question to answer but I understand what you mean.
    No problem, happy to help. In regards the playthrough(s), as I said: I'm more than happy to change either the wording or the number itself - though I'd like to see what you and others think after completing all 3 routes.
    In my opinion it wouldn't make justice for the game if people would think after the first route that it's the same just twice more.
    Chapter select, achievement shop, hidden boss fight all opens up when you finish the story - all 3 routes.
    Posted on 12 November 20 at 09:35
    Hi could you explain what you mean in the very first line of the walkthrough "Die as soon as you can to get **** ending"

Without context unfortunately I'm not rly sure what that means as silly as I may sound. What further confused me is I tried to die by getting my ship blown up but I seemed to just recover but with less health. Shall I just keep trying to get my ship blown up? Until I get a cutscene? Thanks.
  • Posted on 12 November 20 at 09:50, Edited on 12 November 20 at 09:50 by educatedmarine
    FiveWizz said:
    Hi could you explain what you mean in the very first line of the walkthrough "Die as soon as you can to get **** ending"

Without context unfortunately I'm not rly sure what that means as silly as I may sound. What further confused me is I tried to die by getting my ship blown up but I seemed to just recover but with less health. Shall I just keep trying to get my ship blown up? Until I get a cutscene? Thanks.
    Hey. So there are different endings in the game that you can get at random point and each ending has a letter. So to get this ending you just have to die at the very beginning of the game. The game will regen your health multiple times but just keep letting yourself die and soon it will work. The game will reset with all your heals after you get the ending. You can check what endings you have done when you click on your save. Each ending will be represented by a letter. Hope this helps!
    Posted on 12 November 20 at 10:04
    educatedmarine said:
    FiveWizz said:

Hey. So there are different endings in the game that you can get at random point and each ending has a letter. So to get this ending you just have to die at the very beginning of the game. The game will regen your health multiple times but just keep letting yourself die and soon it will work. The game will reset with all your heals after you get the ending. You can check what endings you have done when you click on your save. Each ending will be represented by a letter. Hope this helps!
    Absolutely does help thank you so much.
    I've paused the game to wait lol as I didn't want to rinse all my "recovers" if I was doing the wrong thing.

I think that first line just needs a bit more context around it just to help people who are playing without looking at the individual achievements beforehand.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.