Game Discussion: HITMAN 2 Forum

Elusive Target Schedule #2

AuthorMessage
Lt Davo
Lt Davo
Posted on 15 April 19 at 19:47, Edited on 15 April 19 at 19:49 by Lt Davo
Dresden N7 said:
I don't know if you're aware of this, but I've been doing these Elusive Target threads since 2016. And in three years, this has never been an issue until now. If you check out the original thread, you would be asking to spoiler tag the majority of the posts according to your definition of a spoiler.

I'll add a warning to the original post that clarifies spoilers are allowed. Hopefully this will prevent future misunderstandings.
Actually it has come up before, in discussions of ETs, in instances I've had nothing to do with. Whether it was specifically in a thread that you started or not, I couldn't say. Whenever it's come up to moderator attention before, the policy has been not to spoil the ETs. To put the simplest explanation on it, killing a target in Hitman is a puzzle, and you're giving people a solution to the puzzle when they may not have even had a chance to play the game yet. Beanpotter's retraction today is something of a reversal from his own and other's positions in the past, and frankly, I don't care for his explanation. If it's wrong to spoil ETs, it's wrong, and if it isn't, it isn't. Whether it's been going on for a while shouldn't really be the deciding factor.

I appreciate your posting the ETs and, as I've already said, I enjoy participating in the discussions. People really ought to use spoiler tags if they're going to give away how they got to the ending. It's polite, it's correct, and nothing has changed my mind about that. I implore you and everyone else reading to do that. (I mean, what would it hurt?) But obviously, I won't be complaining about it anymore. And I don't remember you, specifically, doing any spoiling, if that matters.

Anima Pura said:
You keep complaining about something you should have no say over. As we already told you, you can follow the game or the developer on any social media you got.

P.S. Everybody can see who's being ridiculous here.
Yes, you have already shown me the door. It's a pity that some people's response when an issue of contention comes up is to tell the other person they ought to leave. That and to imply that he has an in with the developers. You have managed to make it clear how you feel about the issue and me personally while simultaneously avoiding posting anything that would actually make a persuasive case for your opinion. Your first impulse when you read my post was to stand by and let someone else speak on the matter instead, then you ended up sounding off anyway. You should have followed that first impulse.
I complete games.
Anima Pura
Anima Pura
Posted on 15 April 19 at 19:54
I'd reply in detail, but:
1) I don't want to compound the situation, since the involvement of moderators implies something bad has been done.
2) I don't want to continue posting off-topic.

My next post on this thread will be strictly on-topic.
"He who controls the memes, controls the universe." - Unknown
Sir Paulygon
Sir Paulygon
Posted on 23 April 19 at 15:29
Almost screwed up when I tried to garrote the target walking up the stairs. Keep forgetting that 47 tends to punch out the target -- must be a limitation with the game. Oh, well. Fortunately no one else heard the commotion, so dragged the target in an abandoned room and broke their neck. SA rating.
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 24 April 19 at 08:22
Yeah, 47 is a one trick pony when it comes to stairs. laugh Makes any fist fights around staircases a breeze. Everything else... not so much.
Sir Paulygon
Sir Paulygon
Posted on 24 April 19 at 12:40
Dresden N7 said:
Yeah, 47 is a one trick pony when it comes to stairs. laugh Makes any fist fights around staircases a breeze. Everything else... not so much.
laugh One tricky pony. That's funny because it's true!

I do like the adjustements this game made compared to the previous one as far as the target remaining a witness especially after being killed.

Can't remember exactly what happened as Mixer failed to save my video from the stream, but I chuckled when the notifications became less and less severe. Intially, when the scuffle on the stairs ensued, think it said I was Compromised --> Unconscious Witness --> (nothing). Heh.
Anima Pura
Anima Pura
Posted on 24 April 19 at 13:19
Sir Paulygon said:
Dresden N7 said:
laugh One tricky pony. That's funny because it's true!

I do like the adjustements this game made compared to the previous one as far as the target remaining a witness especially after being killed.

Can't remember exactly what happened as Mixer failed to save my video from the stream, but I chuckled when the notifications became less and less severe. Intially, when the scuffle on the stairs ensued, think it said I was Compromised --> Unconscious Witness --> (nothing). Heh.
I'm almost certain that fact about the first game was a glitch/unintended feature, that simply never got fixed, like some cutscenes that would shut off the console.

Luckily they fixed these issues in Season 2, albeit at the price of a typical new game.
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 24 April 19 at 21:16
Wait, you had cutscenes in H1 that crashed the game and shut off the console?
Anima Pura
Anima Pura
Posted on 24 April 19 at 21:19
Certainly, the official forum had only a few other posts about it. It was caused by bad optimization for the X and it happened in a few other games too, unless they patched them. Which IOI didn't do for season 1.

I would had gotten all challenges done, but it was and I think still is, impossible.
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 25 April 19 at 03:29, Edited on 25 April 19 at 03:29 by Dresden N7
Oh, gotcha. It seems some devs still haven't figured out X optimization as shown by recent titles like Metro Exodus. It runs beautifully on a standard X1 or S model, but crash prone (to say the least) on an Xbox One X.
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 30 April 19 at 00:26, Edited on 02 May 19 at 15:20 by Dresden N7
At the end of May will be another Legacy Elusive Target called "The Deceivers." What's interesting about this contract is that it will have two ET's from Hitman (2016) in Sapienza at the same time. Essentially, The Congressman & The Guru have been put together into a single contract (and only counts as one).

UPDATE: The Undying will return from the dead this Friday and will be our next ET. Unfortunately, it appears the mission wiill just be a recycle of the one from November. On the bright side, that means if you missed out, here's your chance to kill Sean Bean! And if you completed the original contract back in November, you will get to kill him again for a new reward.

The "Undying Returns" will be available from May 3 to June 3. Yep, you read that right ;)
Sir Paulygon
Sir Paulygon
Posted on 01 May 19 at 02:43
So stoked! Double the fun! (for me, at least) smile
Lt Davo
Lt Davo
Posted on 01 May 19 at 04:35, Edited on 01 May 19 at 04:36 by Lt Davo
Dresden N7 said:
On the bright side, that means if you missed out, here's your chance to kill Sean Bean! And if you completed the original contract back in November, you will get to kill him again for a new reward.
ET's have been recycled before, but this will be the first time one is replayable (in the same season/title). They're really watering down the "you only get one shot at this" concept that puts the "exclusive" in "exclusive target."

That being said, I would like to redo The Undying because after a elaborate, perfectly executed assassination, I absent-mindedly trespassed while leaving the building and was spotted. It's the only one I didn't get haven't gotten SA on.
I complete games.
Sir Paulygon
Sir Paulygon
Posted on 01 May 19 at 13:07
Anima Pura said:
Certainly, the official forum had only a few other posts about it. It was caused by bad optimization for the X and it happened in a few other games too, unless they patched them. Which IOI didn't do for season 1.

I would had gotten all challenges done, but it was and I think still is, impossible.
Apologies for bumping this subject, but what challenges were you not able to obtain due to playing the original Hitman on the Xbox One X?

I ask this because I'm going to revisit the first season myself and had been planning to play on my X console.
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 03 May 19 at 20:18, Edited on 04 May 19 at 03:28 by Dresden N7
Sean Bean is back. Your contract window is the entire month, so there shouldn't be an issue fitting this one into your schedules. Have fun ;)

Last week's patch introduced some major tweaks to Silent Assassin, so here's a heads-up on those changes:

1) For the past few months, the SA rules have been somewhat lenient when it came to never being spotted. NPCs could get suspicious (catch you poisoning a cup or trespassing), and you'd still get SA if you got out of their sight fast enough to avoid being compromised. But not anymore. The rules have reverted back to Hitman (2016) and what Hitman 2 was at launch. Being spotted doing something suspicious voids SA.

2) The bodies of NPCs knocked out by sedatives and accidents (including being concussed by accident-related explosives) can be found by enforcers or other civilians, and you'll retain SA. This is the big one, and a good change, IMO. There is finally a use for the sediative vial/pills and tranq gun.

A note regarding accident-related explosives. If a non-target is knocked out by the concussive blast of an exploding car or a large red propane tank, those bodies can be found. But if they're knocked out with a concussive grenade or similar item (including the small white propane tanks), bodies found here will void SA.

3) Any crimes or suspicious actions a target sees you commit won't void SA if you kill them before they can report it or get help. This change was supposedly added a month after launch (long story there), but it didn't quite work. For example, if a target saw 47 dragging a body, SA would be void even if you killed the target immediately after. The change here is that a target's knowledge now correctly dies with them.

4) This one is more for the speed runners and tricksters, but shooting a non-target in the leg and immediately punching them out will now void SA. Also, knocking out a civilian by clubbing/punching them in the front or side will immediately void SA*. Thrown objects are a little trickier to describe. If the NPC doesn't have line of sight with 47, you should be able to use a thrown object to knock them out. But the rule of thumb is pacifying a non-target from behind is your safest option, whatever the method.

*For those who might not be aware of this trick: Before, you could get away with punching a civilian in the face as long as they stayed hidden for the rest of the mission and no one else witnessed the crime. Not anymore. So don't use it!

///

Thankfully, the patch also added a Silent Assassin tracker to the HUD. You can activate this by accessing your gameplay options. It's near the bottom of the list labelled "Silent Assassin HUD." The tracker is simply an icon that appears next to the map. When it's green, you'll get SA if you finish the mission. If it's red, you will not. Simple as that, and a very useful tool, especially now.

And yes, the tracker takes camera recordings into account. If you were recorded, the tracker's icon will turn red. If you delete the recording, it will turn back to green. (Of course, unless you were recorded committing a crime and an enforcer was actively watching that camera. But that's nothing new.)
Lt Davo
Lt Davo
Posted on 11 May 19 at 14:44
I just found out that since the Sean Bean ET is technically not a repeat (the old contract was "The Undying" and the new one is "The Undying Returns"), it ended up not being an opportunity to pick up an SA rating on a contract I messed up the first time. I won SA on The Undying Returns, but I still have an uncompleted SA challenge for The Undying.
I complete games.
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 07 June 19 at 13:20
It's been awhile agents, but a new contract is finally here. 10 days, 2 targets in a single mission, and requires the Legacy Pack. Friendly reminder: once you complete one of the objectives (i.e. kill one of the two targets), you can't restart the mission and must see it through to the end. Good luck!
Lt Davo
Lt Davo
Posted on 09 June 19 at 01:18
I had the strongest sense of deja-vu when killing the #2 target (the #1 target's right-hand man) that I had played this mission before, but the #1 target didn't give me that feeling.
I complete games.
Your buddy DEG
Posted on 09 June 19 at 02:21
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
Sir Paulygon
Sir Paulygon
Posted on 10 June 19 at 17:05
Remembered to actually stream this go around. Not the best quality, but my upload speeds were better than it has been in the past.

Anyway, if you happen to be interested, here's the link to the video:

https://youtu.be/6I-WyXSXKBE

My funniest moment is slightly after the 29:30 mark. The dialogue still cracks me up, lol.
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 28 June 19 at 13:36, Edited on 29 June 19 at 17:06 by Dresden N7
A new ET is up, agents. 16 days and this time in Marrakesh (requires the Legacy Pack). For vets of Hitman (2016), this is a re-release of the last ET in that game's rotation. Good luck!
If you feel the need to "correct" my post, please re-read it first.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.