Game Discussion: HITMAN 2 Forum

Elusive Target Schedule - Season 2

AuthorMessage
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 04 July 18 at 20:32, Edited on 05 December 18 at 15:12 by Dresden N7
Elusive Targets are time-sensitive contracts that appear in the game for a limited time. You only get one chance to assassinate the target, and if you die, the contract is failed and cannot be retried. Rewards for successfully killing these targets are special suit unlocks.

This thread will serve as a hub of discussion and as a schedule for upcoming contracts. Expired targets will also be listed for posterity. I'll try to keep this up-to-date as humanly possible.

If you're curious about the Elusive Targets for Season One, check out my previous thread.

///

Elusive Target #2: The Revolutionary
STARTS: December 21, 2018 - 5:00 AM (PST)

Elusive Target #1: The Undying
EXPIRED: December 4, 2018 - 5:00 AM (PST)
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 05 November 18 at 14:40, Edited on 20 November 18 at 17:33 by Dresden N7
Sean Bean, aka Elusive Target #1, is featured in the live-action trailer for HITMAN 2.

Also, by just playing the ET contract, you will unlock an explosive pen for use in other missions. It was the winner of the gadget vote as seen in the reveal trailer, beating out the earbuds garotte and the flashbang robot toy.
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 08 November 18 at 20:51
Dresden N7 said:
Sean Bean, aka Elusive Target #1, is featured in the live-action trailer for HITMAN 2.

Also, by just playing the ET contract, you will unlock an explosive pen for use in other missions. It was the winner of the gadget vote, beating out the earbuds garotte and the flashbang robot toy.
I'm glad that one won. Nice to see a Goldeneye reference. :D
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 08 November 18 at 23:12
Agreed!

Although, I also would've been okay with the earbuds garotte winning. If I had to guess, that one is a reference to The Living Daylights. I'm a big fan of Dalton as Bond, and that movie also featured a Walther WA2000 (aka the Sieger 300).
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 19 November 18 at 20:12
I was wondering if some would be interested in tackling the Sean Bean contract at the same time while in an Xbox Live party?
Mr Granstaff
Mr Granstaff
Posted on 19 November 18 at 20:47
I've actually done that a few times with my buddy Sven -- pretty neat experience. I would be down -- unsure what our schedules are like though. I'm sure we'll be able to figure something out!
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 19 November 18 at 21:09
Great! My schedule can be flexible, especially with the Thanksgiving break coming up. The contract will also last 14 days, so that gives everyone plenty of time to rank up Miami and unlock some equipment before attempting the kill.
xONLYINHUMANxx
Posted on 20 November 18 at 02:03
i'm from Australia i'm not working this weekend so i'm down if anybody else is
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 20 November 18 at 17:25, Edited on 20 November 18 at 17:30 by Dresden N7
Alright agents, Sean Bean has arrived in Miami and your first Elusive Target contract is now active for the next 2 weeks! Remember, no second chances. If you die or successfully kill the target, there is no going back. To help, it seems there are more fleshed out opportunities this time around. Good luck!

There are no achievements related to Elusive Targets. However, just playing the contract will grant you an explosive pen unlock to use in other missions. Additionally, successfully killing the target will unlock a suit for your inventory, and doing it silent assassin will unlock another suit (the latter of which you'll have more opportunities to unlock later on).

xONLYINHUMANxx said:
i'm from Australia i'm not working this weekend so i'm down if anybody else is
Weekend is good for me too. For those who wanted to attempt this ET in a party, how does Saturday or Sunday sound?
Ultras500
Ultras500
Posted on 20 November 18 at 19:37
Timezone permitting I am keen.
xONLYINHUMANxx
Posted on 21 November 18 at 01:06
Yeh im keen whenever on saturday/sunday. Only got 1 more main mission left. Just have to wait for the legacy pack to be fixed so i can do all of them.

I'll add you on xbox when i get a chance
Ultras500
Ultras500
Posted on 21 November 18 at 14:41
Ended up doing him last night. Be interested to see if the next target is the one to do with Dave Ready.
Mr Granstaff
Mr Granstaff
Posted on 21 November 18 at 17:02
This weekend might work out for me too especially since I'll have two days off this week.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 21 November 18 at 17:45
Good stuff. I've also read some users are having trouble unlocking the Terminus suit after achieving SA. Hopefully that all will be fixed by the weekend.

What time works best for everyone on the weekend? I'll probably be online throughout the day, so I can be flexible.
xONLYINHUMANxx
Posted on 21 November 18 at 23:37
On friday after 8pm ACDT time im free until sunday 11pm or so ACDT time.

If you want you can always put up a fun session and who wants can join or at least give a rough estimate
Mr Granstaff
Mr Granstaff
Posted on 25 November 18 at 20:16, Edited on 25 November 18 at 20:17 by Mr Granstaff
Started off snagging a SA rating with my Mastery Level being 0 for the Miami level. :-)

Certainly would have been easier if I could have geared up, but just required me to disable the security system in the parking area. I did have to restart once -- possibly not needed -- but I took too long to speak with Dave Ready. Only restarted so I could experience the dialogue and glad I didn't skip it.

Anyway, after several minutes of following Mark Faba around, I got to enjoy an extended amount of conversation, which was quite enjoyable. During that time, I strategically bumped into both guards to delay them long enough to subdue and hid them away.

I eventually did the same with both engineers and Yu clearing out the "gadget area."

I heard others in this thread implement the pen as the killing blow, so I wanted to be different. I ended up using that android. Poked around and figured out I needed to find a picture of the target, so after some exploring, found one upstairs in his office and set the trap.

Meant to record this, but missed my opportunity since I didn't exactly know what the android was going to do. As soon as the target walked in, he was startled, glanced at the android -- might have mumbled "Oh bollocks" or something like that, lol -- and was gunned down.

It certainly caught me by surprise because I thought the android was going to attack him close counters! What made things a bit funny was that a guard just outside the area didn't notice anything at all, lol.

Fairly confident it would have been considered an accident kill if the target was found, but I ended up hiding the body anyway.

Well, that's my story!
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 25 November 18 at 22:00
Excellent work, and thanks again for joining the party chat. toast
Giincee
Giincee
Posted on 28 November 18 at 21:44
I got a question: Is this target doable with the prologue of Hitman 2? Or do you have to buy the DLC (episodes) to kill him?
MarsRoverDude
MarsRoverDude
Posted on 29 November 18 at 00:00
Giincee said:
I got a question: Is this target doable with the prologue of Hitman 2? Or do you have to buy the DLC (episodes) to kill him?
You need the map he is located on in order to complete the contract, so you would need Miami for this one.
Giincee
Giincee
Posted on 29 November 18 at 04:44
MarsRoverDude said:
Giincee said:
You need the map he is located on in order to complete the contract, so you would need Miami for this one.
And Miami is a episode or is it included in the prologue?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.