Game Discussion: HITMAN 2 Forum

Elusive Target Schedule #2

AuthorMessage
Segendary Ty
Segendary Ty
Posted on 08 January 19 at 11:40
Or it's just leftover code from copy & paste like they did with Fallout New Vegas (bringing over the F3 files)
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 08 January 19 at 18:05
Too true. But a little optimism wouldn't hurt. laugh
Mr Granstaff
Mr Granstaff
Posted on 08 January 19 at 18:09
But, then these targets would lose their exclusiveness! Gary Busey will end up being the most exclusive target. And, he wouldn't' want it any other way. wink
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 08 January 19 at 19:25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzUbawNqyCg
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 22 January 19 at 04:02, Edited on 24 January 19 at 17:32 by Dresden N7
Remember agents, the third ET arrives this Friday.

But you should also know that the devs have released a new time-limited seasonal event in Hokkaido. If you complete the 7 challenges added by this "Snow Festival" event, you can permanently unlock a new suit (the winter jacket from the Prologue) and a melee weapon (an ice pick). The event ends on February 12, so be sure to unlock these items before then.

For those who don't own the Legacy Pack, Hokkaido will be temporarily available to all Hitman 2 players for the duration of the event. Look for the "Snow Festival" bundle on the Xbox store. If you own the Legacy Pack (GOTY or regular), then you're already set :)

EDIT: The original monthly roadmap designated Thursday for the ET, but that has since changed. Now it's actually Friday. Apologies!
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 25 January 19 at 19:50
The new target is out for the next 10 days. Keep in mind that this mission wants you to kill the target and retrieve her notebook. Two objectives, but shouldn't be an issue for any of you. Good luck!
happibivouac
happibivouac
Posted on 26 January 19 at 00:04
This is the first elusive target I'll have my chance at killing. Hope I can pull it off.
come join us at - https://discord.gg/bh2c78a (TrueGaming Network Discord)
Ry Fryy
Ry Fryy
Posted on 26 January 19 at 02:09
I don't know why (I must have just passed by her) but I could not find Jamison for the life of me.

Probably doesn't help I had yet to play that level so everything was new to me but still.. I was losing my mind. laugh
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 28 January 19 at 04:12
@Ry Fryy: she walks around the buildings near the helicopter pad. She passes through the chapel and artifact warehouse. If you have it unlocked, the custodian starting location puts you right where you need to be.
Mr Granstaff
Mr Granstaff
Posted on 28 January 19 at 15:51
1. Droid
2. Poison
3. Fire

Just keeping track this go around. Last season, it was Poison, poison, and more poison, lol.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 04 February 19 at 23:32, Edited on 04 February 19 at 23:35 by Dresden N7
Heads up, agents: there will be an Elusive Target releasing on Friday, and it appears to be a recycled target from Season 1. Called "The Fugitive" and taking place in Hokkaido, you will need the Legacy Pack DLC in order to participate.

At least this confirms we'll be able to unlock the S1 suits :)

P.S. If you haven't leveled up your Hokkaido mastery, you might want to. Level 20 is needed to unlock your starting pockets for the map.
Mr Granstaff
Mr Granstaff
Posted on 05 February 19 at 13:38
A pleasant surprise!

While I would still prefer new targets, this is still fine by me. Glad to experience the OG targets again.

Pretty sure I've gotten to Level 20 already, need to make sure...
Your buddy DEG
Posted on 07 February 19 at 04:00
Dresden N7 said:
P.S. If you haven't leveled up your Hokkaido mastery, you might want to. Level 20 is needed to unlock your starting pockets for the map.
As someone who missed all the ET in season 1, how do they work? I only just bought the legacy packs so I haven't leveled any mission.
Lt Davo
Lt Davo
Posted on 07 February 19 at 05:20, Edited on 07 February 19 at 05:20 by Lt Davo
It is starts off like a regular mission in many respects. When you begin it, you will get a briefing from Diana on who the target is, why they're a bad person who needs to be killed, and whether there are any optional objectives. The missions take place on the regular maps, and the regular targets are on them, doing what they always do, but they aren't targets. The first big difference is that the elusive target isn't marked for you anywhere - your HUD, instinct, or anything. You have to find him or her based mostly on appearance, whatever you learned in the briefing, and on behaviors that you notice are different from normal for that map, e.g. a room has equipment or NPCs in it that it doesn't usually have. The second big difference is that if you die, you can't retry or restart the mission. It's gone. If you don't die, you can restart as many times as you want as long as you don't kill the target or progress on the other objectives (collect the evidence, etc.) Once you kill the target or start completing other objectives, you're committed to completing the mission on that playthrough. Last but not least, there is a limited time window - I think it's usually around a week - when the mission is available. Once you've either completed the mission successfully or died, you cannot play it again.

The safest bet is to watch what's going on, study the target, and keep restarting until you've figured out how you're going to approach the mission.
#12 on TA's site leaderboard, Gamer by Completion Percentage (All DLC packs) ... when I'm not working on a game.
Your buddy DEG
Posted on 07 February 19 at 11:44
Thanks, that makes sense. So I guess in Hokkaido it would makes sense to hit mastery level 20 to allow you items instead of trying to go in with only one smuggled item.
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 07 February 19 at 13:27
Yup. Although, the mission is completely doable without bringing equipment. Just might be a tad trickier or longer to complete.

And whatever you do, don't die :)
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 08 February 19 at 13:29
For those with the Legacy Pack, ET#4 is now active for the next 10 days!
Your buddy DEG
Posted on 09 February 19 at 04:48
Thanks again for the tips guys. I ended up going in with level 4 mastery and only smuggled in a pistol. Didn't end up needing it and managed silent assassin too!
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 10 February 19 at 03:51
Excellent job and congrats!
Lt Davo
Lt Davo
Posted on 10 February 19 at 13:46
I've finished the mission with SA rating, but I was wondering if it is possible to identify the target before killing him any other way besides
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
? Diana said she was going to forward information to me as it came in, but the only time she spoke was when I did that.
#12 on TA's site leaderboard, Gamer by Completion Percentage (All DLC packs) ... when I'm not working on a game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.