Game Discussion: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Forum

Multiplayer Games Not Registering - Buggy Lobbies?

AuthorMessage
Kloral
Kloral
Posted on 04 July 18 at 21:24
I played 8 games tonight with my brother, we are both in separate houses. Only 3 of them counted for me and 4 of them for him according to the stats page.

The game also kept bugging out meaning either he or I did not get into the same game, one of us would disconnect or crash or it just wouldn't start the game full stop.

Has anyone else been having issues? I'm worried this achievements are going to be impossible even with enough people playing to find games regularly... especially if only 1 in 3 games actually count.....
Wumbo Woody
Wumbo Woody
Posted on 05 July 18 at 00:32
This all happened in the original game for me as well except the achievement counters obviously...This is just a straight graphics overhaul port so all bugs / freezing /matchmaking party issues are still present...ive had my game freeze many times already...you will get kicked from your online group sometimes youll just have to rejoin...match tracking was already a little spotty in game as it was so I doubt having the trackers makes tracking your wins any more comfortable...honestly I would just play the game rn and ignore the trackers at all possible cost...theres in game tracker pop ups for all achievements so I would just wait for those...its the same as them adding read receipts on texts/messages it just adds more anxiety to people for 0 reason (oh my tracker didnt go up 1% within 5 seconds of grabbing the collectible must be glitched what shitty devs)
U2NUMB
U2NUMB
Posted on 07 July 18 at 13:58
Yep this game is a mess... went into a spectator match only to actually be playing in the game. Wont register any more progress it seems.. stopped at 4 games played. As if this was not already going to be hard to find enough games to finish this off...

The problem Woody is that the game is not unlocking achievements it should... ive played 10 matches and my progress for the 5 games played is stuck at 4. So naturally people are going to get frustrated. While the game is fun it takes so long to find a game it kinda dampers the joy for me at least.
Wumbo Woody
Wumbo Woody
Posted on 07 July 18 at 21:05
U2NUMB said:
Yep this game is a mess... went into a spectator match only to actually be playing in the game. Wont register any more progress it seems.. stopped at 4 games played. As if this was not already going to be hard to find enough games to finish this off...

The problem Woody is that the game is not unlocking achievements it should... ive played 10 matches and my progress for the 5 games played is stuck at 4. So naturally people are going to get frustrated. While the game is fun it takes so long to find a game it kinda dampers the joy for me at least.
I believe games only register if you were in them from the start and if they have atleast 6 people when they finish...if someone leaves it doesnt count and theres some other random things
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.