Game Discussion: HITMAN Forum

Starting Hitman, worried about glitched achievements

AuthorMessage
Ya Big Goof
Ya Big Goof
Posted on 09 July 18 at 02:43, Edited on 09 July 18 at 02:44 by Ya Big Goof
Hey guys - I was just about to start Hitman today and noticed there are two partly unobtainable achievements in the Bangkok level. I also noticed that people unlocked it as recently as today. I was just wondering if I should start it or if I should wait for a guaranteed fix but that fix hasn't come for months.

Thanks for any insight regarding this. Real shame that there's this possible glitch preventing a 100%.
Msross
Msross
Posted on 09 July 18 at 07:28
Never saw there was glitchy achievements in it.. & didnt encounter any when I completed
Anima Pura
Anima Pura
Posted on 09 July 18 at 08:30
Ya Big Goof said:
Hey guys - I was just about to start Hitman today and noticed there are two partly unobtainable achievements in the Bangkok level. I also noticed that people unlocked it as recently as today. I was just wondering if I should start it or if I should wait for a guaranteed fix but that fix hasn't come for months.

Thanks for any insight regarding this. Real shame that there's this possible glitch preventing a 100%.
As it usually happens, somebody jumped the gun and flagged those two achievements as party unobtainable even though Drop the Bass unlocks right away and Elephants Never Forget simply requires you to die right after popping the in-game challenge associated with it.

If there continue to be people who pop an achievement, why is it still being flagged as unobtainable? We may never know.
"He who controls the memes, controls the universe." - Unknown
Piston Toyota
Piston Toyota
Posted on 09 July 18 at 22:44, Edited on 09 July 18 at 22:47 by Piston Toyota
Just because it didn’t glitch on you doesn’t mean it’s not glitchy. There’s a mountain of evidence of both these achievements potentially sticking to the point that they are impossible to unlock on that profile.

Drop the bass achievement stuck at 66%
Assassin EIRE HITMAN Elephants Never Forget Assassin EIRE's solution for the Secret Achievement Achievement in HITMANContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement.

Drop the Bass is notorious for sticking and doesn’t really need any introduction. For the other, there’s loads of people in the above comments feed saying that they’ve tried everything imaginable to make it unlock and it simply hasn’t.

That’s the main purpose of the Partially Discontinued/Unobtainable flag, it indicates that the achievement is Discontinued or Unobtainable for some, but not others, which appears to be the case here. If it glitches on you there is no known way to fix it.

Hopefully that clears it up a bit. The distinction between Partially Discontinued/Unobtainable and fully Discontinued or Unobtainable is one that trips people up a bit. It’s true that the vast majority of people will be able to unlock these achievements without incident, but the possibility is there and people have the right to be warned about it.
XBox Assassin83
Posted on 28 July 18 at 05:19
I had no issues with either of these and just recently played it, a friend of mine had Drop the Bass stuck at 66% though.
Anima Pura
Anima Pura
Posted on 28 July 18 at 05:24
Piston Toyota said:
Just because it didn’t glitch on you doesn’t mean it’s not glitchy. There’s a mountain of evidence of both these achievements potentially sticking to the point that they are impossible to unlock on that profile.

Drop the bass achievement stuck at 66%
Assassin EIRE HITMAN Elephants Never Forget Assassin EIRE's solution for the Elephants Never Forget Achievement in HITMANPoached Ivory.

Drop the Bass is notorious for sticking and doesn’t really need any introduction. For the other, there’s loads of people in the above comments feed saying that they’ve tried everything imaginable to make it unlock and it simply hasn’t.

That’s the main purpose of the Partially Discontinued/Unobtainable flag, it indicates that the achievement is Discontinued or Unobtainable for some, but not others, which appears to be the case here. If it glitches on you there is no known way to fix it.

Hopefully that clears it up a bit. The distinction between Partially Discontinued/Unobtainable and fully Discontinued or Unobtainable is one that trips people up a bit. It’s true that the vast majority of people will be able to unlock these achievements without incident, but the possibility is there and people have the right to be warned about it.
I wanted to reply to you back when you first posted this, but I totally forgot to. I think that the "Glitched -" flag would have been the suitable one. The two achievements in question are basically the definition of this flag.

Putting Unobt. flags on achievements like the servers have been taken out or a patch has disabled an element of the game is simply misleading and I'm honestly baffled at the fact that nobody else noticed this so far.

It's semantics, but I think it would help with clearing any misunderstanding.
"He who controls the memes, controls the universe." - Unknown
Piston Toyota
Piston Toyota
Posted on 30 July 18 at 04:36
Alright, so for the record I am a member of the Trueachievements Game Info Team, and while I was not the one who personally applied the flags to the achievements in question I was part of the internal discussion about the flags. The discussion, as I recall, included several team members and at least one Manager, so we did not take this course of action hastily or without understanding of the situation.

These achievements do fit the definition of Buggy-, to be sure, but that's not really a strong enough warning for this situation given the permanently unfixable nature of the issue in question. To some people completion percentage is everything and for them two achievements that could get stuck permanently is a significant risk that they should be made aware of.

There are many cases on the site of the PDU flag being used in this way. Some examples:
Hail to the ChimpAnimals' ChoiceThe Animals' Choice achievement in Hail to the Chimp worth 1065 pointsFinish the single-player game without losing a primary.

Crysis 2Tooled UpThe Tooled Up achievement in Crysis 2 worth 159 pointsMultiplayer: Unlock all the weapons

or hell, while we're at it all the PDU achievements here: Gears of War 4 Achievements

All of these achievements can be unlocked right now (though Crysis 2 not for much longer), but there's no guarantee that they'll unlock. You could get screwed. Partially Unobtainable/Discontinued is a very different flag from either Unobtainable or Discontinued, with significantly different applications.

If you feel strongly against the PDU flag being used in this fashion across the site then that's a separate matter, but all I can say at the moment is that it's current usage on the two achievements in this game is consistent with current flagging policy.
Bobazoid1
Bobazoid1
Posted on 09 August 18 at 14:12
Well, after 758 hours of gameplay (still playing too) I finally got 100% achievements completed.
I still have not finished all of Patient Zero or all the missions on PRO level.
But, apparently they are not part of the achievements.

69 out of 69.
I can't wait for Hitman 2.
Bob
BegFourMercy
BegFourMercy
Posted on 23 August 18 at 04:23, Edited on 26 August 18 at 03:26 by BegFourMercy
The achievements should not be marked unobtainable. I have the from me recent play.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. Got hit by glitch on A Feather In Your Cap. One of the opportunities did not register correctly I the achievement count. THat is the part that I never understood. If the game keeps progress how could the achievement still not pop. At boot up, it can easily check.

I had todo the delete save on console and redo 1 opportunity to make it pop.
HamsterLV
HamsterLV
Posted on 27 September 18 at 07:46
Lazy f***ing developers, why has this not been fixed yet!? If there is even one person out there who has achievements glitch on them, that games developer must fix it and f***ing MicroSoft must make sure they do, that is what I think. Now they are making Hitman 2 and give zero f***s if the achievements glitch in the old game. That is not how it should be. I pay for gold every month, I have been for years, why is MS not controling this stuff!? Achievements are THE ONLY reason I play on consoles, otherwise I would be gaming on PC. That is what I think.
Msross
Msross
Posted on 28 September 18 at 23:11
laugh

That is what I think.
S II N x UK
S II N x UK
Posted on 10 October 18 at 01:50, Edited on 10 October 18 at 20:14 by S II N x UK
Hello cn_guide

I have just started to play HITMAN also and at the moment have not ran into any issues with achievements glitching out ( as of yet )

Fingers crossed!

EDIT: Spoke to soon. I got Level 20 in Paris... not unlocked for me. Feel like i have been mugged off haha

EDIT AGAIN: It unlocked, i turned the game on and off and it popped
Jarpasaurus
Jarpasaurus
Posted on 20 October 18 at 17:51
Just 100%'d this morning.

"Completing Landslide - Bravissimo" wouldn't pop, signed out and then back in and it was there. 69/69!

Uninstalled.

Ready for Hitman 2.
TheGillesMuller
Posted on 24 October 18 at 19:10
Haven't even started Episode 1 and I already have one, done the requirement for Unexpected Guest numerous times now and it hasn't popped.

Pathetic that after nearly 13 years some companies still can't get achievements to work properly in their games.
Grand Slam Tennis 2 world #1
FF7 Bryan
FF7 Bryan
Posted on 29 November 18 at 19:25
Still waiting 6 months later for drop the bass to unlock for me... angry
eHead
eHead
Posted on 02 December 18 at 01:29
Try deleting your cache re downloading your profile, helped me solve some problems, helped create some new problems also. Hmmm. Im very close to completion of this game, i have had no problems with any achievements not unlocking, including the two listed as partially unobtainable which i unlocked recently.
count023
count023
Posted on 20 December 18 at 23:18
The game is on sale and i do like hitman, i'm still worrised about those bugs. I assume they are not fixed yet?
BCRichoux5495
BCRichoux5495
Posted on 29 June 19 at 18:57
So I have 3 achievements glitching out on me. Drop the bass, elephants never forget, and perfectionist. I have all the challenges related to those achievements checked off, yet no achievements. Drop the bass, specifically, is stuck at 66%.

If anyone sees this and can confirm, if you reset your game via Hitman servers using the link someone posted in the comments here:
HITMANSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in HITMAN worth 46 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Does using that link reset all your stats for both games (Hitman 1 and 2)? Or is it just the first game? Because I’ve already started the second game, without realizing that this method was even possible. I just don’t wanna screw myself in the second game.
Zalexzy
Zalexzy
Posted on 18 August 19 at 13:43, Edited on 20 August 19 at 08:07 by Zalexzy
It resets both. My data was gone under 20h so I didnt need to wait. Edit: just checked email and data deletion had started right after clicking thru that thing.

Just got my elephant and coconut+drop off achievement, I needed to do just coconuts kills and it popped after exiting mission.
Any problem solved is a new problem made.
Aawesom
145,181 145,181 GamerScore
Aawesom
Posted on 31 August 19 at 11:14
Just to give you my personnal experience, haven't see a single glitched achievement for myself.
Guess I'm kinda lucky lol
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.