The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: July 10th, 2018

• CheshireMulishaCheshireMulisha3,167,823
    Posted on 10 July 18 at 08:07
    Bahaumaut said:
    Cr4ck Sh0t23 said:
    Cartoon network battle crashers for me. Looks like an easy completion for a low price.
    Somewhat easy, but tedious, and a grind. The beat-em-up gameplay is touchy with the hit detection, and very much so with jumping. Thankfully, no real platforming sections. And fake padding in how, to advance in several places, they make you go back to previous levels. This happens several times.

I found it quite boring, to be honest, and was glad to have it done. I'm glad I got it on sale; full price was too much for it.
    Just watched the first impressions video on the site and it looks like the kinda game that will put me off turning my xbox on after I've started it!
    I have too many good games and easier completions in my backlog to get through instead. Cheap week for me!
  • The Manic MooseThe Manic Moose1,197,945
    Posted on 10 July 18 at 08:22
    Hmmm Rocksmith 2014. I have just bought myself an electric guitar.... Would it be a good learning tool? I use to play using tab so have an idea but it would perhaps motivate me to play more.
  • GavInxsGavInxs1,795,607
    Posted on 10 July 18 at 08:25
    The price for Shadow of War is laughable even with 60% off. I could buy a brand new physical copy for £15!!
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty1,139,926
    Posted on 10 July 18 at 08:52
    Bomber Crew for me. Well for the bean dive anyway laughdive
  • Posted on 10 July 18 at 09:17
    Monopoly for $2 isn't bad
  • Osmo76Osmo761,748,553
    Posted on 10 July 18 at 09:36, Edited on 10 July 18 at 09:36 by Osmo76
    xSpartanReapers said:
    Monopoly for $2 isn't bad
    My thoughts exactly. I'll probably pick it up, even though I don't own an Xbox One yet smile
  • Yummy BaklavaYummy Baklava1,054,225
    Posted on 10 July 18 at 09:59
    If you haven't bought Rocket League, wait until Inside Xbox tomorrow. In fact, if you have Game Pass, go to Rocket League in the Store and check to see if you can download it now. ;)
  • wookieepuppywookieepuppy845,642
    Posted on 10 July 18 at 10:07, Edited on 10 July 18 at 10:10 by wookieepuppy
    The Manic Moose said:
    Hmmm Rocksmith 2014. I have just bought myself an electric guitar.... Would it be a good learning tool? I use to play using tab so have an idea but it would perhaps motivate me to play more.
    You would also need the correct cable to connect your guitar to the Xbox :

THIS GAME CANNOT BE PLAYED WITHOUT THE ROCKSMITH® REAL TONE CABLE.

I think the cable is quite expensive when bought on its own......so you might be better off buying the disc with the cable included, rather than the game download only here.
  • Posted on 10 July 18 at 10:33
    I smell a summer sale coming soon...
  • Posted on 10 July 18 at 10:55
    rocket league 19,99 e ;)
    GT: XliveevilX8ii8
  • EinaisEinais276,764
    Posted on 10 July 18 at 12:02
    The station all the way been waiting for it to go on sale
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 July 18 at 13:01
    we happy few - when it's not on sale
    $140au delux
    $98.70au game

$79.99 delux Canadian currency
    $63.99 game Canadian currency.

that's a huge difference in the price
  • dlCHIEF58dlCHIEF58532,690
    Posted on 10 July 18 at 13:10
    The Manic Moose said:
    Good learning tool for guitar but as the other guy said you need their Real Tone cable as well to use the game. They have gone up in price now, used to be $30 now seems they are selling them at $40 or more for just the cable. There was a time when you could buy the game with cable cheaper, get them for around $30 (did it for the 360 ad One to get 2 cables) but those seem to have gone up to around $60 or more now.

Also any old USB to 1/4" jack isn't gong to work, nor would the cable used in Bandfuse (already tried it). You have to get the real deal.
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf683,972
    Posted on 10 July 18 at 14:30
    Yummy Baklava said:
    If you haven't bought Rocket League, wait until Inside Xbox tomorrow. In fact, if you have Game Pass, go to Rocket League in the Store and check to see if you can download it now. ;)
    can you elaborate? i bought it yesterday for 10$ CAD as part of the free weekend price.
  • halohogghalohogg120,145
    Posted on 10 July 18 at 15:39
    wookieepuppy said:
    The Manic Moose said:

I think the cable is quite expensive when bought on its own......so you might be better off buying the disc with the cable included, rather than the game download only here.
    I never understood why these games are made avail in digital if you need the hardware anyway. Same as Rock Band 4. Who is the digital version for?
  • Elite1111111111Elite11111111111,158,493
    Posted on 10 July 18 at 15:57
    halohogg said:
    wookieepuppy said:
    The Manic Moose said:

I never understood why these games are made avail in digital if you need the hardware anyway. Same as Rock Band 4. Who is the digital version for?
    Well, at least in the case of Rock Band, it can technically be 'played' with most USB Mics, or even your headset. Xbox One headset actually works pretty well (at least, better than the 360 one). Doesn't really help you if you don't sing, though.
  • Posted on 10 July 18 at 16:36
    Is there not going to be a Summer Sale this year? We're almost mid-July and still nothing.
    Phoenix
  • SkinnyBoi1985SkinnyBoi19851,709,385
    Posted on 10 July 18 at 16:50
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    ParadoxReal8 said:
    I think the E3 sales replaced the ultimate summer sales this year guys. It's always around the end of June every years. They could surprise us and do another one later than supposed to, but I'm not so sure...
    I'm thinking the same...

On a side note..any thoughts on Oh...Sir! The insult simulator?
    Its easy enough but the luck needed to get certain phrases is ridiculous, you can increase the odds slightly by using certain characters on certain levels, see the guides, but be prepared for a lot of raging as you get 2/3 phrases but then the last doesn't appear
  • Posted on 10 July 18 at 17:46
    Rocksmith 2014 for sale? More than 50% off? Armageddon confirmed? Also insta buy (already have cable).
  • tjw CENA2000tjw CENA2000580,801
    Posted on 10 July 18 at 18:23
    I don't see a summer sale happening sadly... I believe they're normally start at the end of june
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads