Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Overlord And Overlord II Now Backward Compatible

• Ariose999Ariose999818,664
    Posted on 10 July 18 at 20:11
    Finally!
  • Rista BRista B906,741
    Posted on 10 July 18 at 20:20
    TrueAssassin86x said:
    Now i want a Overlord 3. I forgot about theses two games. Added to my Backwards compatibility list. Now Crackdown 2 please thanks.
    And Splinter Cell Blacklist!
    Remember Philando Castile, a fellow gamer, a human being, Rest in Peace
  • ElyohElyoh1,099,376
    Posted on 10 July 18 at 22:18
    I've had Overlord 2 in my backlog for years, but was never going to end up doing it is I had to do it on the 360. Guess I have no excuse now smile
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • FlawlessJawsFlawlessJaws430,824
    Posted on 10 July 18 at 22:22
    Excellent! I absolutely love the commitment to making as many games as possible BC
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 July 18 at 23:10
    Surprised when I got the message that Overlord was backwards compatible. Unfortunately I never really enjoyed the game so I doubt I'll be going back to play it. I think it was the controls and pace of the game that kept me from getting too into it.
  • SavenalSavenal1,789,239
    Posted on 10 July 18 at 23:19
    Awesome!
  • Morpheus414Morpheus414333,496
    Posted on 10 July 18 at 23:49
    Oh, Denise’ll love this; this’ll piss her off...

“Whattaya doin’!? STAHP.”

It’s a game that’s just about killin’!

laugh
  • Hexa FoxHexa Fox2,118,381
    Posted on 11 July 18 at 00:33, Edited on 11 July 18 at 00:35 by Hexa Fox
    CHERRY CHEERIOS said:
    YODA12320 said:
    Overlord Japan?
    I can't confirm 100 percent but I do recall someone commenting on my friend feed when I completed that they wished Overlord would become BC because they could then double stack with a PAL version due to Xbox One not being region locked.

I personally do not dabble in games from any other country codes so I'm not positive on how that all works but it sounds to me like an overseas copy of Overlord should work just fine.
    That would have been me. lol

In this case you need a Japanese account to get the DLC if you want to be able to complete it.
    The Fox Rocks!
  • mkdfanmkdfan1,093,494
    Posted on 11 July 18 at 00:42
    I remember getting the first one when it came out. 2007 wtf!?
    I didn’t get very far, I sucked at it.
    It will be nice to go back to it and actually try and finish it.
    So many games from the early 360 days I just tried, got one achievement in then never played them again.
    They’re killing my average!
  • CONKER1182CONKER1182582,549
    Posted on 11 July 18 at 00:48
    Hexa Fox said:
    CHERRY CHEERIOS said:
    YODA12320 said:
    Overlord Japan?
    I can't confirm 100 percent but I do recall someone commenting on my friend feed when I completed that they wished Overlord would become BC because they could then double stack with a PAL version due to Xbox One not being region locked.

I personally do not dabble in games from any other country codes so I'm not positive on how that all works but it sounds to me like an overseas copy of Overlord should work just fine.
    That would have been me. lol

In this case you need a Japanese account to get the DLC if you want to be able to complete it.
    How hard is it to get the DLC for Overlord JP?
  • Piston ToyotaPiston Toyota1,136,345
    Posted on 11 July 18 at 01:16
    I played through a bit more than half of the first Overlord quite some time ago. Really need to mop that up sometime. The second game I’ve only done the multiplayer boost, so it remains one of the lowest completion games on my tag.

They’re fun games with a ton of personality, but they’re definitely a bit odd, so they aren’t going to appeal to everyone.
    Posted on 11 July 18 at 01:41
    Piston Toyota said:
    I played through a bit more than half of the first Overlord quite some time ago. Really need to mop that up sometime. The second game I’ve only done the multiplayer boost, so it remains one of the lowest completion games on my tag.

They’re fun games with a ton of personality, but they’re definitely a bit odd, so they aren’t going to appeal to everyone.
    It is one of my favorite games of all time. I mean it competes with Pikmin from the Nintendo very well. In my opinion it is equal to or even better than Pikmin. In addition to your minions you can upgrade your Overlord in numerous ways that introduce a great deal of RPG elements into the game.

Having that said, I guess Pikmin does not appeal to everyone either.
    The Fox Rocks!
    Posted on 11 July 18 at 01:45
    CONKER1182 said:
    To be honest, not easy. However, I plan to find out and maybe someone else here can explain it better. I have done plenty of foreign stacks but never one with DLC. You borrow or create a Japanese account which seems complicated. Another possible disadvantage is for some games you need to have that account signed to access the DLC.
    The Fox Rocks!
  • iTz Canada EhhiTz Canada Ehh1,327,898
    Posted on 11 July 18 at 02:46
    I have Overlord stuffed away with like 5 other 360 games that I haven't started and that I'd love to get rid of, but have no value to EB Games so they refused to take them roll

Maybe I'll start it at some point now, or maybe it will now have enough value at EB Games that they'll take it from me laugh
  • Posted on 11 July 18 at 04:31
    Now if only square enix would allow the ff13 games to go bc... God damn the 360 is horrible...
  • New ParalyzerNew Paralyzer1,440,697
    Posted on 11 July 18 at 05:42
    Hexa Fox said:
    CONKER1182 said:
    To be honest, not easy. However, I plan to find out and maybe someone else here can explain it better. I have done plenty of foreign stacks but never one with DLC. You borrow or create a Japanese account which seems complicated. Another possible disadvantage is for some games you need to have that account signed to access the DLC.
    It's actually incredibly easy lol.

Make a Japanese tag on the 360 and purchase the DLC. The hardest part is your prefer method of payment.
  • Dusk X2Dusk X21,983,273
    Posted on 11 July 18 at 05:44
    It surprises me some are excited for this... I checked my game list to make sure I was remembering right, and ya I did play them both. half heartedly got about half the points on the first one then 10 big points on the second before I said to myself I would rather chew a pencil than play this anymore. the only other 360 game I remember disliking this much was beautiful katamari. Not judging those who like it at all, I get that tastes are varied.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX2,257,504
    Posted on 11 July 18 at 06:50, Edited on 11 July 18 at 06:56 by EarthboundX
    Ostrowidzki1989 said:
    Now if only square enix would allow the ff13 games to go bc... God damn the 360 is horrible...
    What do you mean? What's wrong with the 360?
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX2,257,504
    Posted on 11 July 18 at 06:51
    Loved both these games!

Too bad about the third game, got just terrible, terrible reviews.
  • BillarghBillargh448,268
    Posted on 11 July 18 at 06:53
    Dusk X2 said:
    It surprises me some are excited for this... I checked my game list to make sure I was remembering right, and ya I did play them both. half heartedly got about half the points on the first one then 10 big points on the second before I said to myself I would rather chew a pencil than play this anymore. the only other 360 game I remember disliking this much was beautiful katamari. Not judging those who like it at all, I get that tastes are varied.
    Not having that like! I was with you until the Katamari bashing, that game is a masterpiece!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads