Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Overlord And Overlord II Now Backward Compatible

  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 11 July 18 at 07:33Permalink
    I believe that I only played the second game but man was it fun! Acievement wise it was not all that bad, the only ones that I did not like was the mp ones.
  • Posted on 11 July 18 at 07:37Permalink
    Yes! Love these games.

    Time to start fresh to mop up the last achievements.
    www.twitter.com/Mike_Langlois
  • Sun Rei ShinSun Rei Shin118,246
    Posted on 11 July 18 at 10:15Permalink
    Heck yes! Been waiting for this one.
  • Tanelorn82Tanelorn82404,163
    Posted on 11 July 18 at 12:45Permalink
    Oh my. I didn't expect this. I liked Overlord, the idea was different. But I had so much problems controlling the minions. I was constantly getting too much killed and it was difficult to finish the game. I can't imagine finishing on the Legendary.
    Welcome to TA, where stats are made up and some achievements do not matter.
  • Posted on 11 July 18 at 15:59Permalink
    Nice! I need to see if I still have Overlord laying around so I can finish it now.
    Don't bro me if you don't know me.
  • Posted on 11 July 18 at 16:50Permalink
    Hexa Fox said:
    CHERRY CHEERIOS said:
    YODA12320 said:
    Overlord Japan?
    I can't confirm 100 percent but I do recall someone commenting on my friend feed when I completed that they wished Overlord would become BC because they could then double stack with a PAL version due to Xbox One not being region locked.

    I personally do not dabble in games from any other country codes so I'm not positive on how that all works but it sounds to me like an overseas copy of Overlord should work just fine.
    That would have been me. lol

    In this case you need a Japanese account to get the DLC if you want to be able to complete it.
    Hey! Yeah now I remember haha, I guess you got your wish!
    I brake for Hulking Phase Beasts!
  • J4CKA1J4CKA1194,708
    Posted on 11 July 18 at 19:47Permalink
    Wow I expected to see some hate for this. Personally I'd rather something else, but i'm glad all you people are happy about it.
  • ElyohElyoh804,305
    Posted on 11 July 18 at 22:35Permalink
    Tanelorn82 said:
    Oh my. I didn't expect this. I liked Overlord, the idea was different. But I had so much problems controlling the minions. I was constantly getting too much killed and it was difficult to finish the game. I can't imagine finishing on the Legendary.
    I don't very often have memories of a game on the hardest difficulty. This one is an exception though laugh I purchased 1 & 2 at the same time planning on doing them both, but after doing the first on Legendary I left it to rest.
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • Posted on 12 July 18 at 00:51Permalink
    The first two Overlord games were great. Then they came out with the arcade game that has absolutely nothing to do with first two, so in my opinion they still haven't released an actual 3rd Overlord. Maybe these games going backward compatible will renew some interest in the series?
  • CubivoreCubivore300,055
    Posted on 12 July 18 at 02:59Permalink
    CRUM LEE said:
    Always wanted to play these when I was a kid, but never actually got around to it
    Overlord is neat, but ultimately if you want a game in this style, Pikmin 2 is the best game of this type by a country mile. It's worth picking up a cheap second-hand GameCube or Wii just for that one game, it's really that good. Overlord is a somewhat weaker version of that gameplay that has then been wrung through a Hot Topic.
  • Hexa FoxHexa Fox899,650
    Posted on 12 July 18 at 18:00Permalink
    CHERRY CHEERIOS said:
    Hexa Fox said:
    CHERRY CHEERIOS said:
    YODA12320 said:
    Overlord Japan?
    I can't confirm 100 percent but I do recall someone commenting on my friend feed when I completed that they wished Overlord would become BC because they could then double stack with a PAL version due to Xbox One not being region locked.

    I personally do not dabble in games from any other country codes so I'm not positive on how that all works but it sounds to me like an overseas copy of Overlord should work just fine.
    That would have been me. lol

    In this case you need a Japanese account to get the DLC if you want to be able to complete it.
    Hey! Yeah now I remember haha, I guess you got your wish!
    Yes, I most certainly did. I already have the Japanese version downloaded to my Xbox One. All I have to do now is get the DLC and find someone to do the online with.
    The Fox Rocks!
  • TropanTropan822,203
    Posted on 13 July 18 at 04:21Permalink
    Cubivore said:
    CRUM LEE said:
    Always wanted to play these when I was a kid, but never actually got around to it
    Overlord is neat, but ultimately if you want a game in this style, Pikmin 2 is the best game of this type by a country mile. It's worth picking up a cheap second-hand GameCube or Wii just for that one game, it's really that good. Overlord is a somewhat weaker version of that gameplay that has then been wrung through a Hot Topic.
    Achievements though...does it have achievements :P
    http://zedtozed.com https://discord.gg/HUWYWQD Weekly Achievement Podcast, Contests and Prizes Every Month, Just For Gaming!
  • Hexa FoxHexa Fox899,650
    Posted on 18 July 18 at 19:02Permalink
    Cubivore said:
    CRUM LEE said:
    Always wanted to play these when I was a kid, but never actually got around to it
    Overlord is neat, but ultimately if you want a game in this style, Pikmin 2 is the best game of this type by a country mile. It's worth picking up a cheap second-hand GameCube or Wii just for that one game, it's really that good. Overlord is a somewhat weaker version of that gameplay that has then been wrung through a Hot Topic.
    That is a matter of opinion. I love Pikmin and always will, especially Pikmin 2. However, this game is just as good in my opinion if not better. The controls and actions are very similar between Overlord and Pikmin. However, this game is set apart right away by being able to upgrade your Overlord's armor and weapons that add in a decent depth of RPG elements.

    Also both games have moments that are less forgiving when it comes to losing your minions/pikmin. I have not played any of the new Pikmin games unfortunately, but when compared to Pikmin 2, Overlord clearly wins for overall depth. There is so much more you can not only considering your minions but your Overlord as well.
    The Fox Rocks!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.