Game Discussion: Defiance 2050 Forum

Chasing Shadows Achievement Glitched

AuthorMessage
Ale386
610,094
Ale386
Posted on 13 July 18 at 05:41
I've already met the requirements for the achievement, but nothing pops out here.

Does anyone else having the same problem?
NutriWhip
1,333,321
NutriWhip
Posted on 13 July 18 at 06:09
Yes, Abundance of EGO is glitched as well.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 13 July 18 at 07:11
NutriWhip said:
Yes, Abundance of EGO is glitched as well.
Actually - I'm fairly certain that it's just not obtainable yet. Skill trees consist of Perks, and EGO Powers. Between all five classes currently in the game - there's a total of 45 different perks. Two more premium classes (that they're already selling in that Ultimate class pack...) are supposed to go live circa Winter 2018.

I could be wrong, but that's what I'm guessing the issue is - they didn't have the achievement checking for EGO Powers in addition to Perks. This would be entirely stupid on Trion's part which is why I'm 99% sure that's what actually happened.
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
Tukaitaua
329,482
Tukaitaua
Posted on 14 July 18 at 05:51
CodeMonkeysGuy said:
NutriWhip said:
Yes, Abundance of EGO is glitched as well.
Actually - I'm fairly certain that it's just not obtainable yet. Skill trees consist of Perks, and EGO Powers. Between all five classes currently in the game - there's a total of 45 different perks. Two more premium classes (that they're already selling in that Ultimate class pack...) are supposed to go live circa Winter 2018.

I could be wrong, but that's what I'm guessing the issue is - they didn't have the achievement checking for EGO Powers in addition to Perks. This would be entirely stupid on Trion's part which is why I'm 99% sure that's what actually happened.
It seems the achievement description is different to the ps trophey which is max out 4 classes
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 14 July 18 at 06:25
Tukaitaua said:
It seems the achievement description is different to the ps trophey which is max out 4 classes
Interesting, thanks. Though, we're a ways off seeing reports as to whether the trophy unlocks (barely anyone on TrueTrophies, even fewer that have even just hit level 50, let alone bought and maxed all four classes).

It'll be some time before we know what's what with it, I suppose. I will say the Steam list also says "Max out 4 classes" though, which does lend some credence to the theory that it's mis-typed on Xbox, and also glitched.
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
Tukaitaua
329,482
Tukaitaua
Posted on 14 July 18 at 06:43
There were a few that had wrong descriptions untill people unlocked them, like the incursion-excursion achievement said complete x amout of excursions now it is correct saying complete 25 seiges
Uggadunk
686,283
Uggadunk
Posted on 18 July 18 at 07:08
Ale386 said:
I've already met the requirements for the achievement, but nothing pops out here.

Does anyone else having the same problem?
Did you get them in Capture and Hold or Shadow War?
I noticed in the pursuits, the game keep track of them separately
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 18 July 18 at 08:51
Uggadunk said:
I noticed in the pursuits, the game keep track of them separately
Yeah I was wondering about that too. I haven't done too many matches myself yet, though... and out of the ones I have, I haven't seen a single Capture and Hold. Wanted to get the other 25 achievements before playing around with it, see if it really was glitched or not.
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 18 July 18 at 17:01, Edited on 18 July 18 at 17:18 by CodeMonkeysGuy
Well, currently seems like Freight Yard and Military Academy are inaccessible. You cannot search individual maps for Co-op or PVP, and PVP (except Shadow War, though it does require more than it used to) now requires a full lobby to start. The problem is, Observatory and Waterfront are 8 vs. 8, whereas the two Capture and Hold maps are 16 vs. 16. Yet, they're all in the same playlist, so it will only ever give you Observatory or Waterfront.

So whether it counts Capture and Hold or not seems irrelevant right now, unfortunately - no way to even test it. So definitely three achievements right now which have some kind of functionality broken.

Edit: Supposedly, you can search individual maps on PS4. So likely an Xbox issue.
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
Lonesquiff
418,410
Lonesquiff
Posted on 22 July 18 at 21:42
CodeMonkeysGuy said:
So definitely three achievements right now which have some kind of functionality broken.
Chasing Shadows, Abundance of EGO, and what's the third one?
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 22 July 18 at 21:59
Lonesquiff said:
CodeMonkeysGuy said:
So definitely three achievements right now which have some kind of functionality broken.
Chasing Shadows, Abundance of EGO, and what's the third one?
Defiant Few reputation gain was broken last I checked. But last I checked was days ago, so they might have fixed it since then.
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
NutriWhip
1,333,321
NutriWhip
Posted on 23 July 18 at 00:22
CodeMonkeysGuy said:
Lonesquiff said:
CodeMonkeysGuy said:
So definitely three achievements right now which have some kind of functionality broken.
Chasing Shadows, Abundance of EGO, and what's the third one?
Defiant Few reputation gain was broken last I checked. But last I checked was days ago, so they might have fixed it since then.
Only the dailies are broken which breaks the achievement. You can still complete the weeklies and earn rep.
Fuzzmeister J
467,506
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 23 July 18 at 11:22, Edited on 23 July 18 at 11:26 by Fuzzmeister J
Also the co-op maps is a little glitchy. The Motherload boss currently has so much health it takes like an hour to beat. If your team wipes during the fight, the map ends. It completes your co-op daily but not the pursuit/achievement.

Also, how do people already have level 20 weapons? It is painfully slow to rank them up.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 23 July 18 at 21:03
Fuzzmeister J said:
Also the co-op maps is a little glitchy. The Motherload boss currently has so much health it takes like an hour to beat. If your team wipes during the fight, the map ends. It completes your co-op daily but not the pursuit/achievement.

Also, how do people already have level 20 weapons? It is painfully slow to rank them up.
Well, they rank up based on how much damage you're doing as far as I know. Higher power = higher damage = faster weapon ranks. My highest weapon is only 10, and I'm about 2,000 power, but I know even days ago you had people around the 3 and 4k power mark... all a matter of what you decided to chase, I guess.
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
Fuzzmeister J
467,506
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 23 July 18 at 23:38
CodeMonkeysGuy said:
Fuzzmeister J said:
Also the co-op maps is a little glitchy. The Motherload boss currently has so much health it takes like an hour to beat. If your team wipes during the fight, the map ends. It completes your co-op daily but not the pursuit/achievement.

Also, how do people already have level 20 weapons? It is painfully slow to rank them up.
Well, they rank up based on how much damage you're doing as far as I know. Higher power = higher damage = faster weapon ranks. My highest weapon is only 10, and I'm about 2,000 power, but I know even days ago you had people around the 3 and 4k power mark... all a matter of what you decided to chase, I guess.
I am using LMGs mostly. Do some weapons level faster? Do you need to change weapons often like the old game?
NutriWhip
1,333,321
NutriWhip
Posted on 24 July 18 at 02:19
Fuzzmeister J said:
CodeMonkeysGuy said:
Fuzzmeister J said:
Also the co-op maps is a little glitchy. The Motherload boss currently has so much health it takes like an hour to beat. If your team wipes during the fight, the map ends. It completes your co-op daily but not the pursuit/achievement.

Also, how do people already have level 20 weapons? It is painfully slow to rank them up.
Well, they rank up based on how much damage you're doing as far as I know. Higher power = higher damage = faster weapon ranks. My highest weapon is only 10, and I'm about 2,000 power, but I know even days ago you had people around the 3 and 4k power mark... all a matter of what you decided to chase, I guess.
I am using LMGs mostly. Do some weapons level faster? Do you need to change weapons often like the old game?
Rocket Launchers level the quickest especially pre-patch That's That. No need to change weapons like the old game.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 29 July 18 at 09:16
Man... I loaded up the original Defiance a little bit ago to see if the vehicles in 2050 really were busted or if I was just whacked out (they are broken... slower speeds, awful turning, poor braking, and more) and... well. Sensibly scaled UI, properly working vehicles, I swear to god it might look a bit better save for the resolution, I'm actually powerful again (Dynamic Mass Cannon take me on home baby...), all the content is actually here (novel concept, I know...), fairly reasonable pursuits, simpler weapon leveling, all this equipment variety, and lord, what I wouldn't give to have spikes / stims / the old skill tree again...

When I started having some of the annoying issues I'm having in 2050, I just chalked it up to "lol good old Defiance". But I'm having to come to grips with the fact that they somehow made a worse version, through both intentional changes and unintentional issues that they definitely shouldn't be having, considering they literally have a version of the game that somehow works fine on worse hardware in an arguably more stunted generation of development.

I want to get off Trion World's wild ride
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 30 July 18 at 03:52, Edited on 30 July 18 at 03:53 by Shadow Kisuragi
Since people were asking, I was looking into quite a few things to make sure the flags were up to date on this, since I did the original flagging for Defiance. Here's what I've got...

!U! -
Defiance 2050Legend of DefianceThe Legend of Defiance achievement in Defiance 2050 worth 160 pointsComplete all other achievements

!U! -
Defiance 2050Abundance of EGOThe Abundance of EGO achievement in Defiance 2050 worth 80 pointsEarn 50 perks
- EGO powers aren't calculated into the achievement, and only have 50 class points to spend currently. On PS4, this is Max out 4 classes, and no one knows how it's been unlocked currently, except to note perhaps that someone has 4-5 characters with each unlocked on their save.
!U! -
Defiance 2050Chasing ShadowsThe Chasing Shadows achievement in Defiance 2050 worth 15 pointsCapture 50 points in PvP
- This has only been unlocked on PS4 via dev intervention. People submitted a ticket, and 2 people had a response and it subsequently unlocked after.
!D! -
Defiance 2050Incursion-ExcursionThe Incursion-Excursion achievement in Defiance 2050 worth 325 pointsComplete 25 sieges
- Sieges currently disabled. Will return shortly, devs confirmed the original crash fixed and awaiting deployment.
!U! -
Defiance 2050The GeneralThe The General achievement in Defiance 2050 worth 1351 pointsComplete the "The Defiant Few II" pursuit
- Supposedly, contracts broken. Have yet to verify.

The fix for the Motherlode Co-op health is going out this week some time as well. I just did that map today, an hour on the boss was not what I was expecting. Mind you, I'm only Power Level 1300 right now, and everyone else was around 1800, but still...

If anyone has any tips on raising Power Level, I'd appreciate hearing about it, because I can't complete the Arena for Defiant Few solo right now, as I'm basically downed within a hit or two.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 30 July 18 at 11:32
Mm. Power is weird. The game the devs want you to play is: find adequate guns to use, level them up with scrap, find comparable level grenade and shield, gradually find a better gun to level up and toss out old equipment, repeat. Made slightly harder by the fact they keep nerfing scrap when it's already a pain to gather en mass, and adjusting gear level tolerances to make it harder to find adequate upgrades, but that's the gist of what they want you doing.

It sucks because having on-level gear at any given power level will mean you're exactly as powerful as you were, as enemies scale with you - right now, a higher power level essentially just gives you the chance to find better stuff + faster weapon leveling. You don't really get much more powerful... not much reason to go beyond 2,000 power, I think. Save the pursuits with orange gear for a rainy day and play the game of leveling gear in the meantime. It's not elegant or intuitive, but I guess it works.

Also, can confirm the Defiant Few dailies are broken. I also do think I might have a theory about Abundance of EGO... since you have the option to buy any class from the commendation vendor, including the class you start with, maybe it's not checking for classes you don't "own", so to speak. So your starter wouldn't count unless you bought it maybe? I dunno, working theory. Of course it could be it's actually 50 perks, but then it wouldn't make sense that someone on PS4 has the achievement, because between all five classes there's only 45 perks to begin with. A real enigma, that one...
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 30 July 18 at 14:42
Honestly think it'd be worth getting to Level 25 with the starting class with all 4 classes (4 characters), see what happens.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.