Game Discussion: Defiance 2050 Forum

Chasing Shadows Achievement Glitched

AuthorMessage
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 10 May 19 at 01:17
Shadow Kisuragi said:
It's offset by 1 when something first unlocks to properly calculate a ratio, otherwise it'd be 1000. Next recalc should fix it. I did not scroll through pursuits, as I was trying to reset my perks during the Shadow War match, so I'll try that next.
Hm, alright. Seemed fine the day before so it's odd to me it's not now, but whatever.

Anyways, good luck getting it to pop. Might also want to try the usual thing of viewing the achievements page for Defiance 2050. Hopefully one way or another you can snag it.
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 10 May 19 at 01:26, Edited on 10 May 19 at 03:11 by Fuzzmeister J
Got the captures done. Not a fan of PVP in the game, but it's over now.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 10 May 19 at 12:01, Edited on 10 May 19 at 12:03 by Shadow Kisuragi
I honestly can't get Abundance of EGO to unlock. My class skills keep resetting every time I login, and my Crusader pursuits aren't showing as completed even though it's Level 25. Set all of my skills, and spread them all out to get the most perks available. I have 5 classes done - just Engineer and Demolitionist left, which have no levels.

Scrolled through the pursuits as well. Anyone have any other ideas? Progress shows 0%
EDIT: Saw Crusader pursuit issue is known. Not sure why it's not giving me any progress though.
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 10 May 19 at 14:18
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?326703-Achievement...

Looks like the other two are known for a future patch.

@shadow: you compared games with a friend or opened the xbox app?
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 10 May 19 at 15:12
Hopefully it's something simple like a delayed unlock. If you get really desperate, Demolitionist is only 500 from the bounty vendor, might be worth saving up if you're not too far off. Although from your wording I can't tell whether you've bought it already or not. Might force a pop.

Either way, I can say it's probably using the pursuits to track the achievement, not the actual class skill inserts. When I maxed a class on my second character, I didn't actually put in the last skill point before it gave me the 25% progress towards the achievement. When the achievement did pop post-hotfix logging into my main character, it was the second I logged in, so obviously I wouldn't have had the chance to be filling out skill points in my classes, and I was set to my non-maxed Engineer at the time.

Also FYI, it resets your not-set-class skill points on login intentionally - you can only have one class filled out per loadout; ergo, the one you're currently using. Was a fix a few patches back for some issue, forget what. But that's supposed to happen.
FroZeNSouL
FroZeNSouL
Posted on 10 May 19 at 16:07
Code is right about the Class > Loadout.
You should have 2 loadouts atleast. Have one saved for you fav class, and another that you are working on.

Ive been switching to the 2nd loadout at the end of each Arkfall/Conflict etc to gain the exp.
ie. Play as normal with Class/Loadout of choice. When Arkfall about to end and loot/floaty arives, Hold Y and switch to Loadout/class you need to lvl up, so all XP goes into it.

Only thing I can think of to try get cheevo to pop retroactively, logout/in, logout of account while in game/relog. Start button > Quit game
Hard reset. If none of that does it and you have checked pursuits, 4 classes when browsing the all say lvl 25, then u may need to make a support ticket on Trions website.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 10 May 19 at 17:59
Have hard reset. Have tried multiple times on the Xbox app on my PC, phone, and Xbox.
Sounds like a ticket is in order.
xxx DrZott xxx
Posted on 10 May 19 at 21:20
Finally did sw. Thx Frozensoul for organizing the event
x13FISHx
x13FISHx
Posted on 10 May 19 at 22:02
Does it matter which 4 classes?
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 10 May 19 at 23:32
x13FISHx said:
Does it matter which 4 classes?
Shouldn't. But I would say a majority of people unlocking the achievement right now are people who have most or all of the classes unlocked - it's not like we're doing this from launch. So the sample set is gonna be a bit skewed without some rarer situational examples.
x13FISHx
x13FISHx
Posted on 11 May 19 at 00:16
I ask only because I only unlocked three...hoping they would fix it in the future. My fourth will be the engineer. Wondering if I should have bought Assassin just to be safe...fornthe original four.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 11 May 19 at 01:18
Well, Assassin is cheap. Even if it doesn't pop, you won't be too far behind it anyways. If it does come out that 'DLC' classes aren't counting towards the achievement, it'll likely be hotfixed/patched anyways.

The other thing I'd say, is I don't think it's a coincidence that they just happen to finally add a pursuit for Crusader's levels right when they release a fix for the achievement for maxing four classes. Engineer, having its own set of pursuits, should count.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 11 May 19 at 01:33
Crusader Pursuits aren't working and it's one I have maxed. Just to let you know.
x13FISHx
x13FISHx
Posted on 11 May 19 at 06:04
CodeMonkeysGuy said:
Well, Assassin is cheap. Even if it doesn't pop, you won't be too far behind it anyways. If it does come out that 'DLC' classes aren't counting towards the achievement, it'll likely be hotfixed/patched anyways.

The other thing I'd say, is I don't think it's a coincidence that they just happen to finally add a pursuit for Crusader's levels right when they release a fix for the achievement for maxing four classes. Engineer, having its own set of pursuits, should count.
We'll find out soon enough.
FroZeNSouL
FroZeNSouL
Posted on 11 May 19 at 08:38
Id be supprised if Crusader (the hammer class right?) doesnt go towards the achievement, because after the update but before the hotfix, i got 25% towards the achievement when I maxed the class (when fully lvl it and get the pursuit for lvl25, nothing to do with perks of placing points on class tree, thats why respecing doesnt work)
At that point Id already maxed Assassin, Assualt, Demo. Guardian.
But hadnt started Medic nor the new Engineer.
But ofcourse hotfix may have skewed something after to the original 4, who knows.

xxx DrZott xxx said:
Finally did sw. Thx Frozensoul for organizing the event
No problem mate, was an effort xD few members want to try again same time today. Will see how that goes. Grouping up cost us that 2nd match, doh.
I invited 41 TA members yesterday, only 1 contacted me, and only to say they couldnt make.
Ive tried posting on the Def2050 groups on x1, hopefully get a better result..
NutriWhip
NutriWhip
Posted on 11 May 19 at 18:14, Edited on 11 May 19 at 19:49 by NutriWhip
Shadow War going on right now as of 3:50pm EST.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 15 May 19 at 00:12, Edited on 15 May 19 at 00:16 by LV 1 Blue Slime
Shadow war going on as we speak. Finally got my 50 although it as quite a struggle, so I can finally never play PvP in Defiance again. Feels so fucking good.

Just have to get a weapon skill to 20 and then I'm done until they fix the reputation achievements.
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
x13FISHx
x13FISHx
Posted on 19 May 19 at 03:15, Edited on 19 May 19 at 03:16 by x13FISHx
Engineer class didn't unlock the achievement, but it did register as 25% on the achievement tracker. I purchased Assassin and I'll rank it up and see what happens. I may have to do the Demolitionist and the Crusader as well.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 19 May 19 at 19:15
That is an interesting tidbit. I wonder if the hotfix didn't register for everyone for some reason, and that's the issue Shadow is running into. Because, you should definitely be at 100%, not 25%.

If you don't want to bet on a fix for the handful of people who weren't helped by the hotfix; after maxing Assassin, if you don't get the achievement, I'd recommend seeing if you can make another character. Hit right on the d-pad when you get to the part of the login screen that has the news feed and your character displayed with Location / EGO. I had a free slot, but I'm not sure if that's default or not. I think it is, but I'm not dead to rights sure. But it'd be a lot faster than saving up for Demolitionist and Crusader both (being premium classes, they're not cheap).

You get two classes effectively free - you obviously start with one, and moderately midways through the story (likely before you even hit 25 on class #1), it tosses you 250 Bounty Points. I didn't end up getting much farther than that, so I don't know if it tosses any more points at you (the hotfix came out not long after that, so I didn't go any further...). Essential gameplan is just run through story / side missions, do any possible Contracts along the way. Bits and bobs of Major Arkfalls and Sieges wouldn't hurt either.

Since we're still waiting on fixes for other achievements anyways, I would say it really depends on whether you want the achievement now or are willing to wait to see if they toss out a miracle fix. Since it's an issue affecting very few people... I wouldn't bet on it, though.
x13FISHx
x13FISHx
Posted on 19 May 19 at 19:57, Edited on 19 May 19 at 19:57 by x13FISHx
That's what I'm going to do. I bought the Assassin and I'm ranking him up. If that registers as 25% more then I'm going to start another character and max a class and see if it stacks.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.