Game Discussion: Defiance 2050 Forum

Chasing Shadows Achievement Glitched

AuthorMessage
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 01 July 19 at 08:09
Almost to the one year anniversary. That Motherlode event is coming very soon, supposedly. Hopefully, it's a major update and we finally get those (hopefully) last few achievement fixes. And then hopefully no new achievements, or at least, none that take as long as some of Trove's. Shout-out to Trove still getting more achievements.
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 01 July 19 at 11:47
I would be surprised. The gardening update they added to Trove was supposed to be out last year, and it's currently Summer. I would be very surprised if they were going to put another big update out that fast, but maybe Defiance is making them more money.

The good news is that the 3 achievements they added to Trove took about a week, and it was only really an hour or two of actual play-time (you can only water plants once a day). Compared to Geode mastery and 300 trove mastery, the gardening update was hella easy. Hopefully if they add anything to Defiance, it will be just as easy. The in-game badge requirements in the gardening update go much higher than the achievements, so maybe they'll give us a fucking break.
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 01 July 19 at 13:59
Maybe they'll actually fix the 3 achievements and deliver the road map that was promised last year first. laugh
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 02 July 19 at 10:22
Well the update's here, but we don't have patch notes because the forum is completely busted. Nobody's been able to post for a few days. Woooo. However, it seems like if they did fix the achievements (which I'll go ahead and say is unlikely because Trion) they're at minimum not retroactive, and more likely, not fixed at all. Still no change to PVP queue amounts either.

Usual stuff other than that though. New proto at Iron Demon Ranch, new event pursuit, new mod synergy, new Legendary whatevers, and new Synergy; all of which will disappear from rotation when this event ends so you better get started on buying those microtransactions. Or, you know, probably not.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 11 July 19 at 15:27
There's a 100% rep and XP boost up for about four more days. Forgot to comment about it.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 11 July 19 at 17:24
Nice! Too bad the achievements themselves still aren't fixed.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 11 July 19 at 19:51
Yep. Most people on the forums seem to want them to fix the achievements/trophies, at any rate, so I'm hopeful. But since they're doubling down on monetization tactics lately (event-exclusive stuff that conveniently is in lootboxes and overpriced packs) frankly I don't think the game is long for this world. When you start minimizing content development and maximizing Microtransactions, you'll lose more people than you gain. Even the whales end up with little to look forwards to, and it was already hemorrhaging players to begin with...

Gonna start Trove in a month or two now that I've got a solid handle on Skyforge, hopefully Trove has a less bleak outlook...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.