Game Discussion: Defiance 2050 Forum

Chasing Shadows Achievement Glitched

AuthorMessage
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 31 July 18 at 06:14
Shadow Kisuragi said:
Honestly think it'd be worth getting to Level 25 with the starting class with all 4 classes (4 characters), see what happens.
Good a theory as any, I suppose. Still though, the fact that there's somebody on TrueTrophies that has it... I feel like the odds that they did that are pretty low. Could be a case similar to the Chasing Shadows thing you mentioned, where they got support to pop them for them, I guess. I haven't asked.

At the very least, there's a high possibility that they know about the various broken achievements and have fixes in the works.
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
Lonesquiff
Lonesquiff
Posted on 01 August 18 at 20:31
I received a response from Trion today. Unfortunately it did not have any helpful information. Just a "we're sorry it has taken so long to get back to you" and they informed me that recent changes to the game may have fixed this issue. Which it hasn't. I've updated the ticket to include this so we'll see what happens from here.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 01 August 18 at 20:46, Edited on 01 August 18 at 20:47 by Shadow Kisuragi
There's a thread, if you want to paste it to them, on their OWN FORUMS about various trophies glitched, which includes Chasing Shadows and Abundance of EGO. We're actually about to set the flags for this tonight, as I've personally verified each issue except for the potential Abundance of EGO unlock, but we're not sure if that's even valid on Xbox to begin with since the descriptions are different.

I may submit a ticket to them after we've set the flags, or you're welcome to send along the information showing the 0 unlocks from the site.
Lonesquiff
Lonesquiff
Posted on 02 August 18 at 00:09
I didn't mention TA in my updated/new ticket, but I did point out that the Xbox Live achievement tracker shows no one has unlocked it.
N18p73pwn3r
N18p73pwn3r
Posted on 05 August 18 at 04:48
awesome, now this has discontinued and unobtainable achievements, way to go oO
fear my moobie wrath! its nipplepwner for a reason!!
NutriWhip
NutriWhip
Posted on 05 August 18 at 07:55
Defiance 2050Caste MasterThe Caste Master achievement in Defiance 2050 worth 983 pointsComplete the "Thorn Liro Thawandaye II" pursuit

Not sure why that achievement got flagged with unobtainable. It's not possible for anyone to be that far to determine whether or not it's actually glitched.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 05 August 18 at 12:08, Edited on 05 August 18 at 12:09 by Shadow Kisuragi
Defiant Few and Thorn Liro Daily contracts, which are based on Arenas, do not count when completed, making those two particular Pursuits impossible to complete. I haven't been able to personally verify the Thorn Liro Daily contracts, but it's been posted on the Defiance forums multiple times.
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 05 August 18 at 17:27
Shadow Kisuragi said:
Defiant Few and Thorn Liro Daily contracts, which are based on Arenas, do not count when completed, making those two particular Pursuits impossible to complete. I haven't been able to personally verify the Thorn Liro Daily contracts, but it's been posted on the Defiance forums multiple times.
Thorn Liro contracts work just fine. I've been doing them for 3 weeks.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 05 August 18 at 19:12
The Dailies work fine? If the Dailies and Weeklies work, I'll get the !U! removed. I've been unable to even get past the Yuke Liro mission Solo, so I haven't been able to confirm it myself.
NutriWhip
NutriWhip
Posted on 05 August 18 at 19:20
Shadow Kisuragi said:
The Dailies work fine? If the Dailies and Weeklies work, I'll get the !U! removed. I've been unable to even get past the Yuke Liro mission Solo, so I haven't been able to confirm it myself.
Thorn contracts work fine.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 06 August 18 at 01:02
I have also seen plenty of reports saying they're not working, but they work for me. Might be an occasional bug, haven't seen any complaint with a specific platform in mind. I don't think it's worth listing it unobtainable, but there's definitely some kind of bug there. I'm just not sure if it's an Xbox thing or an occasionally-on-any-platform thing.

There's a few factions whose dailies aren't counting towards the 2/2 or 7/7, but the only dailies that don't count for themselves ever AFAIK are Defiant Few. And hopefully, that gets fixed soon...
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 06 August 18 at 02:56
It may be that you don't get get contracts until you get silver on each arena and matchmaking is broken so you have to do them solo.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 06 August 18 at 14:43, Edited on 06 August 18 at 14:44 by Shadow Kisuragi
Fuzzmeister J said:
It may be that you don't get get contracts until you get silver on each arena and matchmaking is broken so you have to do them solo.
Further investigation from various threads I found showed that they're referring to the matchmaking and potentially the Daily Requisitions, but not the actual Daily/Weekly contracts. Would love to make some progress on the Liro arenas, but it appears my PR's still too low, as I'm essentially being dragged through Defiant Few arenas at 1550 PR.

Have heard of an exploit to raise PR that I may try that brings it up 100-200 PR/hr that will be patched soon. Not sure if I'll take advantage or not, but only going up maybe 10 per day right now is really slow. I don't equip everything new I get, so could be a reason why.
Lonesquiff
Lonesquiff
Posted on 06 August 18 at 21:47
Second response from Trion, same as the first.
Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance 2050.

I apologize for the delay in our response, unfortunately due to an abnormally high ticket load we have been unable to respond to your request in a timely manner. In the meantime we have applied a large number of fixes to Defiance 2050 and many players have found that the issue they were experiencing has since been resolved.

If you are experiencing a tech support issue, please check out our troubleshooting articles found in the link below:

If you are still in need of assistance, please update this ticket with as much detail as you can.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance 2050.

They aren't even reading my ticket or acknowledging the issue let alone doing anything about it.

I too have been struggling with opening up the Thorn Liro missions. They were laughably easy on 360 but in 2050 they are cranked up. Sadly having a higher power level is irrelevant since the mobs in the game always scale higher than you.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 06 August 18 at 22:31
Mobs don't always scale higher than you are, depends on the area in question. Go fight enemies in Mount Tam, then try a Defiant Few arena. Might see a difference of even a few hundred power, depending on a few factors.

To Thorn Liro - You only need Bronze, and to finish it. Finishing an arena gives you a bonus 2,000 by default, going down drops your current score by 1,000 - get to where you feel comfortable score-wise and then run around the arena until time runs out, it's not elegant, but if you're unable, it works. Most of the dailies only care about finishing it, not getting Bronze (and most weeklies) and the only other weekly I've seen is Gold thrice, which you could use the Valnae arena for.

And to leveling power, that becomes easier when you're neck deep in dailies, and can get keycodes from the ark hunter bounties. Use keycodes to open gold chests in co-op maps, which generally spit out the best gear you'll be able to find. Higher power, better gear, so it gets easier as you go. Plus, you have to level gear. If you're using something you don't feel is worth putting salvage into, you shouldn't be using it.

As soon as you're able to find blue weapons, never upgrade a green again. Green grenades and shields are fine, you just want them to be higher power than what you had. But green weapons are limited in level-ups, become utterly useless for ranking power around the 2,000 mark. Higher power progression from better gear. If you need another weapon to round out your current power after finding a good primary, buy a damaged weapon from a rep vendor like Top-Notch or Von Bach, then focus on rounding out your shield and grenade - buy them, or just find them, they're not that rare.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 06 August 18 at 23:08
So, basically, just max out whatever weapon in upgrades, then buy a vendor item and max that out, and keep buying vendor items?

...I've been grinding Co-ops and getting nothing but shields and mods that are pretty much useless. Guessing I should really be investing in my weapon salvage to push my optimal up then, so the others come up.

And yeah, for some reason, I hadn't considered just trying to hide on the Thorn Liro arenas. I've been running around the bottom and eventually get taken out, but I could just run around the top I guess.
NutriWhip
NutriWhip
Posted on 07 August 18 at 01:30, Edited on 10 August 18 at 00:52 by NutriWhip
Shadow Kisuragi said:
And yeah, for some reason, I hadn't considered just trying to hide on the Thorn Liro arenas. I've been running around the bottom and eventually get taken out, but I could just run around the top I guess.
With a little finesse, you can just jump out along the top of every map. I do it every day for the dailies. You can walk away from each arena* and come back in 10 minutes to find it completed. The only one where you can get downed up there is the Yuke arena; the one with the 99ers and hellbug archers on round 4 who can hit you up there.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 07 August 18 at 02:50
Interesting, I'll try to find a video of that to replicate. A few of my clan members are struggling as well. I finally completed Yuke today after making it to the Archer wave. My shield was never enough until today to withstand a direct hellbug hit.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 13 August 18 at 13:02, Edited on 13 August 18 at 13:03 by Shadow Kisuragi
Sorry it took a while, but the Thorn Liro achievement had the !U! flag removed as you can see this morning. I was finally able to get through Liro after raising my PR to 1700+ and changed up my shotgun build to be more complimentary, and can confirm that everything's tracking. Asked for it to be removed earlier, but needed confirmation.

The Defiance devs are stating that most of the achievement/trophy issues should be resolved after the next big patch rolls through, so here's hoping!
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 13 August 18 at 22:28
The last twitch stream had them saying thorn liro was supposed to be solo and the map was too small for 4 players. They may add a larger co-op version later though. The devs really don't seem to care how some thing were done on 360 and have new ideas for 2050. Or it was never meant to be co-op and they just couldn't be bothered to fix it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.