Game Discussion: Defiance 2050 Forum

Chasing Shadows Achievement Glitched

AuthorMessage
Lonesquiff
Lonesquiff
Posted on 14 August 18 at 01:42
They also said in the stream that pvp and co-op matchmaking is working as intended. They have no plans to allow players to search for specific maps.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 14 August 18 at 02:43
Yeah, Fuzz, I removed Co-op from Thorn Liro after hearing about that. Most of the Golds are simple now that I know about a better shotgun build, and Nutri telling me about getting above the map is great for Daily/Weekly runs.
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 20 August 18 at 02:29
I reached max rank with ark hunter bounties this week and did not get the max rep achievement. I did buy a class for 1000 rep, so my rep was not maxed out. It looks like you need to save up all 1500 rep and not spend any for the achievements, or ark hunter bounties does not count, or the achievement is bugged. I think it is a matter of saving up reputation though. I am very glad I have not spent chimera or thorn liro yet.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 20 August 18 at 03:42
Ark Hunter Bounties are not considered a Faction in the Pursuit goals, so I'm betting they don't count, but notably it says "max out" as well, not reach Honorable. However, Thorn, Defiant Few and Chimera are all reach Honorable, so there's that. Keeping an eye on that one myself.

Notably Ark Hunter Bounties didn't exist in D13 - only 7th Legion.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 20 August 18 at 19:08
I've only spent 250 of my lifetime Ark Hunter rep, so I guess I could save up to the max of 1440 and test whether Ark Hunter Bounties count or not once it is actually "maxed out".

Means I'll be getting Demolitionist roughly a month from now, but it's for a good cause.
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 24 August 18 at 15:03, Edited on 24 August 18 at 15:03 by Shadow Kisuragi
For the record, maxing it out does not seem to trigger it (at least on PS4). As mentioned before, it's not listed under the Pursuits for Factions, and just about every achievement is tied to a particular Pursuit.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 24 August 18 at 15:39
Hopefully it's just that one not counting. I'm only halfway through Chimera and Echelon, which are my two closest factions to Honored, so I've still got a ways to go to try anything else.
Uggadunk
Uggadunk
Posted on 25 August 18 at 07:38
Fuzzmeister J said:
The last twitch stream had them saying thorn liro was supposed to be solo and the map was too small for 4 players. They may add a larger co-op version later though. The devs really don't seem to care how some thing were done on 360 and have new ideas for 2050. Or it was never meant to be co-op and they just couldn't be bothered to fix it.
What about the Defiant Few dailys not working?
You should not drink and bake.
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 26 August 18 at 13:58
Uggadunk said:
Fuzzmeister J said:
The last twitch stream had them saying thorn liro was supposed to be solo and the map was too small for 4 players. They may add a larger co-op version later though. The devs really don't seem to care how some thing were done on 360 and have new ideas for 2050. Or it was never meant to be co-op and they just couldn't be bothered to fix it.
What about the Defiant Few dailys not working?
They just mention the DF dailies not counting towards the ark hunter bounties each day. It sounds like they are answer different questions when people ask and we are near a month with no update. It's bad enough it takes 8 weeks with a rep boost to max out a faction, but I want them all over with and then will just need defiant few when they fix it at some point.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 27 August 18 at 06:49, Edited on 27 August 18 at 06:53 by CodeMonkeysGuy
To say nothing of the fact they'd originally claimed we'd see the update a few weeks ago. And yeah they're crazy inconsistent with answers on stream. Half the time they're not even presenting the issues right, and half the time they seem unaware of even common issues. Audibly sighed when you had a dev claim on stream that vehicle handling was exactly the same...

The wait for the update is brutal. Shouldn't be taking this long but they say "oh well the first patch is gonna be a doozy" and it's like, we're closing on the two month mark. There's probably a lot of legit players who saw what the game was like and that it wasn't really getting updated and decided "nah" in the time it's been taking them to even do any major fixes. We still don't even have Sieges back yet.

I guess it's what I get for having decided to play the game again, but it's still boggling that they went from a mediocre game in D13 to a straight up bad one in 2050.
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 28 August 18 at 19:20
In the next 2 weeks ill be done with Chimera, Thorn Liro, Soleptor, and Von Bach. At that point, it'll be just waiting on Defiant Few to be patched for daily crap. I am not excited about 8 more weeks of this unattended online game unless they really working on something, but they are way too quiet to have anything good in the works.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 29 August 18 at 03:29
On one hand, I'm glad I'm not wasting money on boosts; on the other hand, I'd be just as well to leave what my playtime will end up being to mystery... earliest I could finish even Chimera would be October 4th. Yeesh.
Calex dEUS
Calex dEUS
Posted on 30 August 18 at 22:33
Oh I'm am so glad I started this on an alt account and not my main one it's the same bullshit as the first game. They learned fucking nothing. Normally for a f2p play game I could throw devs close to what a full retail game would cost if not more but the last few weeks playing this???? Yeah they won't see a cent from me.

Guarantee what ever they fix will break something else.
FroZeNSouL
FroZeNSouL
Posted on 04 September 18 at 00:30
ffs started and now see 4 unobtainables. they better fix
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 06 September 18 at 12:20
I am surprised nobody has maxed a faction yet. I am 2 days away from the achievement if it works and I was slow to start the contracts. I can't be the only one that has stuck with this unpatched mess this long am I?
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 06 September 18 at 12:42, Edited on 06 September 18 at 12:42 by Shadow Kisuragi
I've been playing almost every day for a while now, but I'm not using the boosters, and I've seen no one specifically complain about the achievement/trophy yet on the Defiance forums or community sites. Just to be clear, it's with a specific Faction and not just the Ark Bounty, right?
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 06 September 18 at 14:28
Correct. I'll update tomorrow when 2 of them hit the cap. Chimera and thorn liro should be done Monday for and and I'll have 4 maxed.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 06 September 18 at 15:37
Yeah, have seen your names up on Thorn Liro daily when I've had a chance to play. laugh
Good luck.
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 06 September 18 at 19:05, Edited on 06 September 18 at 19:06 by Fuzzmeister J
Shadow Kisuragi said:
Yeah, have seen your names up on Thorn Liro daily when I've had a chance to play. laugh
Good luck.
I hope those scores are not recent. Unless the weekly needs gold, I get like 2200 points for completing the daily. I just run in a circle while netflix plays. :p
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 06 September 18 at 21:51
Yeah, the scores were recent. You can just hide above the arena for most of them, tbh.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.