Game Discussion: Defiance 2050 Forum

Chasing Shadows Achievement Glitched

AuthorMessage
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 07 September 18 at 23:09
Key to Paradise is glitched. I have 2 factions at 1500.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 08 September 18 at 07:44
Another unobtainable on the pile. :( They did fine with Defiance '13 and Trove, I don't get what's so complicated here...

Maybe you'll have better luck with Caste Master or Widely Regarded, but I'm not too hopeful at this point.
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 08 September 18 at 12:36, Edited on 10 September 18 at 22:58 by Fuzzmeister J
It's link it wasn't tested past the story...

Chimera and Thorn Liro are unlocking fine. The 1 and 4 maxed faction achievements are both bugged.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 11 September 18 at 14:09
6 unobtainables and a discontinued, and still no real date for even the first major patch... just more conjecture about stuff being fixed internally. Woo.

Side question, has anyone had that "gold in four time trials" Tarr Family weekly? First time having it this week, and it seems to be glitched.
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 11 September 18 at 14:25
I didn't even try the Tarr contracts. 5 weeklies was enough for me :p It's time for a break until Defiant Few weeklies are working. I'm guessing a few months so they can recover from their vacation jet lag?
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 14 September 18 at 23:44
As a note, they mentioned the patch will be arriving in 2 weeks to fix the Sieges, and it sounds like Defiant Few contracts will be part of that.

And yes, Tarr is broken for this week, at least when I attempted to obtain a gold that I already had. I haven't tried yet to get a Gold that I haven't already had, but there's only 1 course that I can legitimately do that with.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 15 September 18 at 13:22
Heard about the patch... long overdue. I hope we see *some* achievement fixes. Defiant Few will likely work when the dailies count, since Thorn and Chimera worked fine, but I hope during the literal months leading up to this, they've gleaned at least some of the issues.
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 25 September 18 at 12:45
They responded about achievements in this thread:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?310287-List-of-Bro...

Sadly, it sounds like they are just now hearing about some of the issues. It's like they don't read the comments at all and just the first post. yay!
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 25 September 18 at 13:41, Edited on 25 September 18 at 13:42 by Shadow Kisuragi
They responded back during the live stream on Friday that they were focusing on fixing a lot of the broken pursuits and contract issues, which should fix quite a few of the achievement/trophy issues, and they'll focus on the rest once the October content update goes out.

Grinding out the Faction Rep without a booster right now is hell though to get to Honored (Rank 8).
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 25 September 18 at 14:50, Edited on 25 September 18 at 14:50 by Fuzzmeister J
Yeah they only mentioned one achievement in the stream. There are 3 others that are completely broken assuming the other two are not.

No boosts adds a month to the grind. I have to go back at it when defiant few gets fixed. I hope to win an ultimate pack during a stream so I can save some money. :p
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 14 October 18 at 05:13
Some people on Xbox have the max rep / max 4 reps / 50 perks achievements. Wondering if that's Trion testing.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 14 October 18 at 17:21, Edited on 14 October 18 at 21:55 by Shadow Kisuragi
Worth noting that 50 perks is Max 4 Classes on other platforms.
The server was down earlier today, but not sure tbh.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 15 October 18 at 01:52
Yeah, knew that already. What I didn't know though, I just learned:

Happened to see one of those "Defiance 2050 made a post" things on my home screen. I check it, and it comes with the message that's two days old:

"Greetings, Ark Hunters. The Trouble in Paradise update and the Crusader Class Pack have been delayed until further notice. We'll provide the new release date once it's finalized. Thanks for your patience."
Nice meme, Trion. Apparently it's just Xbox too, other platforms will get the update. First Sieges, now this... they need to work on their Xbox development skills.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 15 October 18 at 02:55
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?310850-UPDATED-Tro...

angry facepalm

Means it likely failed certification again.
NutriWhip
NutriWhip
Posted on 19 October 18 at 10:45
NutriWhip said:
Shadow Kisuragi said:
And yeah, for some reason, I hadn't considered just trying to hide on the Thorn Liro arenas. I've been running around the bottom and eventually get taken out, but I could just run around the top I guess.
With a little finesse, you can just jump out along the top of every map. I do it every day for the dailies. You can walk away from each arena* and come back in 10 minutes to find it completed. The only one where you can get downed up there is the Yuke arena; the one with the 99ers and hellbug archers on round 4 who can hit you up there.
Just wanted to update that you can still jump out of each arena but completing with a score of 0/not a bronze no longer completes the arena. On the bright side, the update has made the game significantly easier as a whole. You can easily grab a gold by round 2 or 3 and then jump out of the arena. Even Defiant Few arenas can be soloed for the dailies and weeklies now.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 19 October 18 at 14:18
Just wanted to mention, Sieges and Defiant Few dailies work now.
Lonesquiff
Lonesquiff
Posted on 19 October 18 at 17:51
Has anyone been able to unlock Chasing Shadows or the EGO perks one since the update?
CRUM LEE
CRUM LEE
Posted on 19 October 18 at 18:51
Might be time to jump back into this!
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 19 October 18 at 19:00
Lonesquiff said:
Has anyone been able to unlock Chasing Shadows or the EGO perks one since the update?
No, that wasn't part of the update unfortunately. They've stated that they're looking into it for the next update, though I haven't seen the stream from today to verify.
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 19 October 18 at 20:32
Shadow Kisuragi said:
Lonesquiff said:
No, that wasn't part of the update unfortunately. They've stated that they're looking into it for the next update, though I haven't seen the stream from today to verify.
They ignored all achievement questions today. It was mostly even and weapon skin talk.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.