Game Discussion: Defiance 2050 Forum

Chasing Shadows Achievement Glitched

AuthorMessage
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 20 October 18 at 11:21
Side note, was already suspected, but no, obtaining 50 different perks doesn't unlock it either.

Which was already kinda figured since the Xbox description was different, but it was still worth testing, and with the addition of the Crusader, I finally could.
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 20 October 18 at 11:51, Edited on 20 October 18 at 11:51 by Fuzzmeister J
It looks like any reputation gain is currently broken. People are reporting that if you change phase or log out of the game, you dailies are no longer complete and the rep your earned resets as well.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 20 October 18 at 13:25
Supposedly the rep bug was only PS4/PC? Unless things have changed.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 20 October 18 at 14:48
CodeMonkeysGuy said:
Supposedly the rep bug was only PS4/PC? Unless things have changed.
Have had 0 issues with it on Xbox.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 23 October 18 at 02:54
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/329119/Report_Signif....php

Hrm.
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 23 October 18 at 11:58, Edited on 23 October 18 at 14:22 by Fuzzmeister J
Tried a Defiant Few arena this morning and boy it was easy. The no scaling helps a ton.

Still gotta get a few gold medals though.
BaronVoNewman
BaronVoNewman
Posted on 23 October 18 at 23:24
well this is either gonna get support or get shut down
Bvn
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 25 October 18 at 04:01
Some devs that were vocal in the hours leading up to leaving seemed fairly confident that all Trion games would indeed continue. Though, I really couldn't say how fruitful the dev cycles will be. If they have people on board to keep servers up and fix bugs (or achievements...) I guess we really can't ask for more. But a lot of their games were already kind of floundering... so you need something to keep people interested. If they claim to be confident in making a profit from Trion's titles as they say in their press release: https://corporate.gamigo.com/en/presse/gamigo-ag-acquires-us... then they need to have something more than that, I think. Especially when they're cutting pretty much every community-notable employee... not exactly inspiring a lot of confidence for fans of any of their games, I think.

Slightly related side note, I do still have one spot in my Defiant Few session for Saturday if anyone's interested. With the future of this game potentially uncertain, I definitely don't plan to wait on making any achievement progress I can.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 25 October 18 at 13:18
I want to join that session... I may be able to slate some time for it.

The article linked mentions that they essentially sold the assets and rights to Trove to Gamigo in exchange for avoiding bankruptcy, so the sale essentially means that Trion Worlds was going under anyways. It's obvious Trove is going to continue, but I don't have too much hope for their other products until we hear otherwise right now.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 25 October 18 at 16:37
Well, a selling point might be that the session almost certainly wouldn't take two hours unless we really hit a roadblock with Kent. The two Dark Matter ones don't worry me too much. And the other two guys might already have Berk or Matron's done, I haven't asked... and worst case, we could absolutely do those two without you. If you still need Matron's, I could always help you with it some other time. Session order will likely be Kent Docks, Dark Matter Bunker, Arkfall Wreckage, Matron's Nest, and finally Berk Academy.

But yeah, things do kinda look grim. I know Defiance had its own little roadmap planned, and I know Trove had some updates left. But with house cleaned... I don't know how far even that would get, let alone the fate of stuff like Rift / ArcheAge / Defiance '13, developer's word or not. Servers staying up doesn't exactly means stuff keeps getting fixed...
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 25 October 18 at 16:49
I have Gold on all of those except Kent. laugh

Arkfall requires 2, Dark Matter can be done Solo if you're efficient, rest can be Solo'd. As you know, Kent requires pinpoint precision for points and multiple people.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 25 October 18 at 18:51
Hm, okay. So odds are, if you're just around for Kent, we might be fine in theory.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 26 October 18 at 22:05
Been playing around with the critical kill glitch some more. Can't get it to apply to Matron's Nest even after a critical kill (although, I haven't tried it on the 99'ers, only warriors... something to try later I guess) but it totally works for Sharpshooting Savior. So here's an easy method for gold:

Equipment: Assassin with Big Bang, Assault with Scavenge, and two Rocket Launchers (only one has to be good)

Start with Assassin, obviously have both rocket launchers equipped. Use Big Bang (charge sniper) when the first enemy rolls out, get a critical kill, and drop the charge sniper with cn_Y. Open the menu and swap your class to assault, and now start using your rocket launcher to kill enemies. Getting kills will trigger Scavenge, which gives you ammo for your off-hand weapon, which in this case, is also a rocket launcher, so you won't run out of ammo. Easy stuff.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 11 November 18 at 15:28
50 perks has the diamond, so I'm guessing we just have to figure out how to unlock it? And I'm also assuming Defiant Few hasn't been available long enough for someone to get the achievement, so that just leaves 50 capture points as unobtainable, yeah?
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 12 November 18 at 00:39
I have to assume the 50 perks and max-level-rep achievements are still broken. Whoever got them, got them all at once - diamonds appeared at the same time. Either someone in the wild has them via a support ticket, or they're fixed internally.

December 6th is the soonest anyone will have the Defiant Few II achievement, IIRC.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 12 November 18 at 00:48
Not sure if you saw the video for Kent gold, but apparently you can just sit idle for a while and then suddenly you'll start gaining points as enemies spawn and instantly die... Possible to do all Solo now.

It's assumed either internal or support ticket, as support ticket is how it was unlocked on PS4 for the other Unobtainables.
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 12 November 18 at 02:40, Edited on 12 November 18 at 13:03 by Fuzzmeister J
Shadow Kisuragi said:
Not sure if you saw the video for Kent gold, but apparently you can just sit idle for a while and then suddenly you'll start gaining points as enemies spawn and instantly die... Possible to do all Solo now.

It's assumed either internal or support ticket, as support ticket is how it was unlocked on PS4 for the other Unobtainables.
I jumped around for a while and never got any extra points. That may have been a one time glitch.

I also ran berk for the sunday daily and didn't get credit. Someone in chat had the same issue. I hope there are not many more of these bugs. I still need 30 days!
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 14 November 18 at 08:36, Edited on 14 November 18 at 10:10 by CodeMonkeysGuy
Mm. Definitely some kind of light sync glitch going on. Logged in, did Defiant Few daily (supposedly Observatory) and I didn't get credit... because upon exiting the map, my daily was now Berk. And I didn't have credit on my weekly for Observatory.

Edit: and it's not counting Berk. Hrm.

Edit 2: Came back after the server restart, and my daily is Observatory again, and completed. My weekly is different, and I assume, what it was originally. Paradise rep is now hidden from the dailies/weeklies, and you can no longer buy Halloween prototypes/butcher skins. Going to chalk the issues up to removal pains.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 14 November 18 at 15:11
I ran into the same problem, and ran into it when they introduced Paradise originally as well.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 14 November 18 at 19:05
Kind of weird they'd have support pop all those achievements but not 50 capture points, if it's not internal. Maybe they know how bad the Defiance PvP is and didn't bother laugh
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.