Game Discussion: Defiance 2050 Forum

Chasing Shadows Achievement Glitched

AuthorMessage
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 15 November 18 at 12:50
For the contract glitch, start and arena and supposedly the correct contract will show up then. You can quit and start the right one then.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 15 November 18 at 13:36
Don't have time to check if I did the right one today, but thanks for the tip. Will pay attention to it tomorrow morning and see if it changes.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 15 November 18 at 20:18
Missed yesterday's dailies. Guess I'll be a day late on the achievement.

But wanted to say, seems like they re-added those destroy-the-ark-crystal arkfalls. I don't know if it was just Xbox that was missing them though, or all platforms.
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 15 November 18 at 20:29
They don't work. At least none of the ones I tried. The only way I've seen them disappear is via the timer. The crystal dies but monsters just keep spawning.
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 18 November 18 at 00:19
I don't think there is a critical kill glitch. We tried in Kent last night and the score stayed about the same with or without the starting critical. We got 450 points away from gold. Gotta try it again but trouble finding a 4th.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 18 November 18 at 19:11, Edited on 18 November 18 at 19:16 by CodeMonkeysGuy
Fuzzmeister J said:
I don't think there is a critical kill glitch. We tried in Kent last night and the score stayed about the same with or without the starting critical. We got 450 points away from gold. Gotta try it again but trouble finding a 4th.
Get a critical kill with something like a sniper rifle, swap to an explosive weapon (detonators or rocket launchers, grenades and some EGO powers apply). All kills with explosive weapons are now critical kills UNLESS you die, restart the map, melee, or shoot a bullet, and this only applies to the player who got the critical kill. Anyone who does the same can obviously take advantage.

If you need more advice beyond that, lemme know. But that should work.

Edit: Actually, gonna send you a PM too.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 21 November 18 at 19:15
Hm. Content update today. It's small, but it's interesting that they actually had Thanksgiving stuff on deck. Even in that developer letter, they only talked about the Christmas update. Three new prototypes and a new pursuit.

There's a 100% XP boost, 100% rep boost, and a 25% skill boost on right now. Lasts for, from the time of writing this, 5 days and about 23 hours.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 21 November 18 at 19:56
THERE IS A SCORE BOOSTER ON

I just did Kent solo, and my final score is 60,800. Every rescue of each person was 2,000 points. Kills were also doubled. So, double everything. IF YOU NEED A SCORE ON ANYTHING, DO IT RIGHT NOW.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 21 November 18 at 21:06
Oh, wow. That's impressive. I might do the rest of the Arena Golds just because then.
Also, if there's a Rep booster, I'm glad I waited on the Weekly. I was actually 10 days off from finishing on time for the Defiant II due to score, so this'll close that gap.
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 24 November 18 at 05:14
HAH! I though we finally did something right and my bubble go busted :p With support being slowed down a bit with the transition, I've not looked much on the forums in a few days.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 24 November 18 at 14:43
Back on track now for December 7th.
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 24 November 18 at 18:01
Got on and got gold on Dekuso first try just to have it done. Today will put me at 33 dailies for Defiant Few.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 26 November 18 at 07:48, Edited on 26 November 18 at 07:51 by LV 1 Blue Slime
Fuzzmeister J said:
Got on and got gold on Dekuso first try just to have it done. Today will put me at 33 dailies for Defiant Few.
I just did it and got bronze. I've been doing the quests and haven't been able to get gold on a single one, even with the score boost. What am I missing?
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 26 November 18 at 23:19, Edited on 26 November 18 at 23:20 by CodeMonkeysGuy
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
I just did it and got bronze. I've been doing the quests and haven't been able to get gold on a single one, even with the score boost. What am I missing?
Well, he had a group of four for Dekuso, that's a big one.

I personally managed to do Ridgecrest, 101 keys, and Observatory solo. But I was using the critical kill glitch (get critical kill, swap to explosive weapon, explosive kills count as critical kills) and Assault class (sprint and close combat, when active, grant the "power kill" bonus, which stacks with critical kills).

And now I have the Poultromancer, so it'd probably be even easier. Doubt I'll get Dekuso unless I find some people though. Seems unlikely with only 18 hours left.
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 27 November 18 at 01:26
Dekuso requires a full group. Kill enough trash mobs and a tanker will spawn. It was pretty close compared to the other arenas where we knocked gold out of the park.

I'm going to do the weekly for DF tonight for a 2nd week of 150% rep and should put me at rank 8. still need 2 weeks of dailies though.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 27 November 18 at 02:49
Dekuso requires a full group unless you happen to have a boost on, at any rate. In which case, as I've found, two people will suffice. Still might have been possible solo but I didn't feel like spending that much time trying it over and over.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 06 December 18 at 18:28
I see a diamond already. Maybe dailies already updated somewhere, or maybe my count was off by 1.

Either way, seems unlockable. Won't have it myself until tomorrow though.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 06 December 18 at 22:37
Unlocked it for you.
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 07 December 18 at 00:12
5 days left for me!
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 07 December 18 at 13:56
And the wait continues for the other four. Hopefully, other four. A lot of games have also had "obtain all achievements" achievements be broken too...

Be curious to see if the December patch has them or if they get put off to the next next update.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.