Game Discussion: Defiance 2050 Forum

Chasing Shadows Achievement Glitched

AuthorMessage
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 11 December 18 at 23:34, Edited on 11 December 18 at 23:34 by Fuzzmeister J
A new post on the forums says that they know about the achievements but have no ETA right now.

My defiant few finished today. I'll continue to focus on other games until the achievements are fixed.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?325072-Solstice-St...
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 14 December 18 at 14:06
Only just read this now, Elite: Dangerous and Path of Exile have had my attention.

It's relatively positive news. The Defiance '13 store had been broken for months, and they've actually gone and fixed it. Various additions and patches originally promised do still seem to be well in the works, though I notice there's no mention of the Engineer, so I assume engineer / achievement fixes to come at a later date.

I don't know that Gamigo will be good for them long-term, but they're not running around with their heads on fire yet. So that's something, I guess.
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 16 December 18 at 07:08
They had a stream friday and said they are still working on the end game content that they planned on, but it may take longer or be released differently. No mention if they still plan to add achievements in the big update next year, but they planned on it before they got bought out.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 16 December 18 at 15:43
Fuzzmeister J said:
They had a stream friday and said they are still working on the end game content that they planned on, but it may take longer or be released differently. No mention if they still plan to add achievements in the big update next year, but they planned on it before they got bought out.
Hope it's not a Marvel Heroes Omega situation. The fix for the last achievement was coming next patch and then Marvel axed the game. Feels realllll bad.
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
CRUM LEE
CRUM LEE
Posted on 10 January 19 at 16:04
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
Fuzzmeister J said:
Hope it's not a Marvel Heroes Omega situation. The fix for the last achievement was coming next patch and then Marvel axed the game. Feels realllll bad.
I loved that game so much. Wish I could still play :(
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 19 January 19 at 07:28
Can any of you log in? I haven't been able to the last 2 days. Really got me worried cause I got a long ass way to go in reputation to be finished...
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 20 January 19 at 07:37
Well Defiance posted about it in the official club, so it isn't just me. Haven't been able to log on for 3 days now. Probably a waste to play this game. Even if you get the unobtainables and put a ticket in to unlock them, it'll take fucking forever for them to get to the ticket, if they get to it at all, based on the forums. Can't blame anyone but myself for being here though...
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 22 January 19 at 20:41
Their token Valentines Day event is coming up, hopefully we get the next major patch then (engineer, synergy matrix, etc.) with achievement fixes.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 31 January 19 at 22:01
Colony Courtship event on the 11th, but no mention of an actual game update.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 31 January 19 at 22:16
Trove is supposed to get an update on the 5th. Maybe after that they can push something out for Defiance. I imagine with such a small staff they aren't working on too many projects at once. That post you linked earlier made it sound like they didn't know what the problem was, so I'm not expecting achievement fixes with the update. I would love to be wrong though.
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 01 February 19 at 03:46
PTS has the new class and other parts of an update now. We will have to wait and see if any achievement fixes comes with the update.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 09 February 19 at 15:03
Reading into it a bit. I'll have to see how synergies work live but more power is never not good I guess. Unless it's turkeys. Turkeys suck. Supposedly they also fixed the weak cars and added a third ark key daily per day, and they've also changed ark keys to gulanite for some reason? Probably gonna add/use keys for something else in the future ala Defiance '13. Also shotguns can crit again, thank god. Pre-Gamigo they had mentioned also adding more achievements at some point, but I doubt we're there quite yet (but had they kept to what they said, we would have been, so I would expect more before Summer if they hold to that).

It's promising to hear them mop up bugs since it makes it more and more likely that we have at least some achievement fixes... or at the very least, that their list of priority bugs is that much lower.

I just want my card clean again, man. I've worked hard to make sure that nothing on my card ended up being unable to be done... Halo: Reach was enough of a scare for my blood. I will celebrate being done with this...
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 09 February 19 at 22:28, Edited on 09 February 19 at 22:28 by LV 1 Blue Slime
I hope they don't add more achievements. I can see them doing something stupid like adding MP achievements even though it's dead. I still need about 30 captures, but I can't remember the last time the shadow war queue popped. Hell, I don't remember the last time I've seen the number of players needed as less than 13. Even during the day/afternoon. I work on the weekend though. Basically just trying to get what I can and then get out. In 2 weeks I'll have the 4 factions at max rep, then it's a level 20 skill and captures/kills. If they could lower the number of people needed for PvP that'd be great. Something like 3v3 for the regular PvP and 4v4 for Shadow War. It's already a bit of a struggle to get a coop map when I get home from work, and those only need 4.

Has anyone gotten Shadow War lately? If so what day and time?
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 10 February 19 at 09:08, Edited on 10 February 19 at 09:11 by CodeMonkeysGuy
It's always been a bit random to get Shadow Wars. Usually only likely to happen when a clan or two tries to get people in for a match. Haven't done any PVP in months though. Back when my clan was bigger, we were able to get the 15 clanmates for shadow war and major arkfall pursuits done, we had so many just at random. Pretty dead now though, leader all but quit and most moved on / quit themselves, which you can definitely feel since most of them were PVP heads. Most days I log in on peak hours and I'm the only one in the clan online despite pages of members, not even counting the ones that left the clan.

Probably will be a time that a TA session is needed to get a Shadow War rolling. If they have any sense at all though, they'll adjust the matchmaking requirements to be like D13 instead of requiring a full lobby upfront. I'm only missing three caps, so the day they fix the achievement I'll be sitting in Shadow War hoping for a match. I didn't want to get all 50 in advance just in-case the achievement is finicky with the way pursuits work.

Edit: Also, as an aside tip that you might already know, the lowest effort PVP setup you could scrounge is Guardian / Rebel / Fragger. If you're struggling when matches are up.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 11 February 19 at 18:04
Four hours from now we'll have the update and patch notes. Servers are down now for maintenance.

Cross your fingers for cheevo fixes.
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 11 February 19 at 18:27
Can only hope. I did all of the requirements for everything before I stopped playing, so we'll see how it goes. Obviously hoping against hope though for this.
Fuzzmeister J
Fuzzmeister J
Posted on 11 February 19 at 20:34, Edited on 11 February 19 at 20:34 by Fuzzmeister J
I'm still about 18 captures short of that achievement, but I get too impatient waiting in long queues.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 11 February 19 at 20:40
Yeah it's hard enough just getting co-op these days, let alone regular PVP, definitely let alone Shadow War. But if it is actually fixed I'll be in that queue as long as it takes.

I'm still waiting on the dramatic irony when they've fixed all four of the actual achievements, only for us to find that the all achievements achievement is broken too. I'm honestly kind of expecting it... too many games out there have even just that one achievement broken. This one has four other unobtainables... I feel like it's not a strong bet to assume they got that one right when they got four others wrong.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 11 February 19 at 22:30, Edited on 11 February 19 at 23:24 by CodeMonkeysGuy
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?325756-Synergy-Mat...

Some dramatic changes. No mention of achievement fixes though, but also no mention of some fixes that PTS players were mentioning had been fixed... so there's likely a lot of undocumented changes. Obviously chime in if any achievements are fixed.

My update is still only half done, chugging along at less than 3 Mb/s. Thanks AT&T.

Edit:
Good afternoon, Arkhunters

We tried very hard to get the Achievement/Trophy fixes in with this update, but ran into issues that require more time and effort on our end. We are working on getting them fixed, and I will keep everyone updated as we progress.
Edit 2: On a personal note, I have FIVE dailies under Ark Hunter Bounties right now... Daily Requisition, Daily Acclimation, Mutant Extermination, Sub Machine Gun Expertise, and Aggression Discipline. I'm only at 4,998 Power, so I don't know if you get a sixth at 5,000.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 12 February 19 at 00:36, Edited on 12 February 19 at 00:39 by LV 1 Blue Slime
Well shit, turkeygun got nerfed. It only drops turkeys when you hit an enemy with it. Not gonna be able to clear coop maps and contracts as lazily now, that's really annoying considering how tedious this shit is after doing it for months.

Also woulda been nice for the 100 PvP but I guess it's my fault for not doing it earlier

Anyway I maxed Chimera and the achievement for max rep with 1 faction didn't pop, so they definitely aren't fixed. Guess I shouldn't have done that in case the achievements aren't retroactive, but too late now
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.