Game Discussion: HITMAN Forum

Potential bug can "overheat" an Xbox One X

AuthorMessage
Anima Pura
Anima Pura
Posted on 15 July 18 at 19:59
Hello everybody,

As you might know, Hitman (2016) is one of the 4k enhanced titles that are available for the Xbox One X. I've been playing the game for several days now and I think there's a glitch in the game that makes the console's fan work extremely hard and then the consoles shuts down to avoid getting damaged. Other 4k games make the fan work slightly harder than the almost totally quiet state, like Gears 4 and Rise of the Tomb Raider, but none of these games have caused an issue like this.

This has happened only on this game and only on a particular mission (an Escalation contract on the Bangkok episode), whenever I move the targets' bodies to place them in a freezer room, as it is required. As soon as I enter the freezer, dragging the body along, the fan goes supersonic and the console shuts down within 1 second or so.

I've tweeted at Xbox support, but since they've replaced all their employees with "volunteers", I don't think I'll find an answer from them. Has anybody else experienced this or heard about it? Thank you in advance.

- Anima

P.S. Before the first or so patch, State of Decay 2 would do the same whenever you opened up the Community menu.
"He who controls the memes, controls the universe." - Unknown
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 15 July 18 at 22:16
Is your console getting enough ventilation? Cause i imagine its shutting down due to the fans not being able to cool it down enough at their speed.
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
Anima Pura
Anima Pura
Posted on 16 July 18 at 00:25, Edited on 16 July 18 at 00:27 by Anima Pura
Yes, it's on top of a bookshelf with nothing on top of it and nothing around it. I've got air conditioning going on and I played today for about 3 hours without it shutting down, even though the fan was sometimes working hard as it is expected.

I'm seriously thinking it's a bug caused by the game, but in order to be sure, I need more info from others.
Anima Pura
Anima Pura
Posted on 16 July 18 at 12:36
An update for whoever is interested:

The same thing happens when I try to electrocute Solders in the Hokkaido episode. The console shuts down during the cutscene.

After taking a look at the official forum, I found out that there are a ton of glitches and bugs that are still being found out, so this is likely one of them.
Stubert84
Stubert84
Posted on 23 July 18 at 18:48
Mine has started doing this on the exact same bit of Lego Incredibles each time I play. Currently trying to reinstall it (just in case) but can’t seem to find anyone else having the same issue.

It’s the same point on the cutscene on the Above Parr level every time!
SpeedForce84
SpeedForce84
Posted on 27 September 18 at 14:10
Stubert84 said:
Mine has started doing this on the exact same bit of Lego Incredibles each time I play. Currently trying to reinstall it (just in case) but can’t seem to find anyone else having the same issue.

It’s the same point on the cutscene on the Above Parr level every time!
I had the same thing with one of the Lego Indy games on the 360. In that case, it was a corrupted save, so you might have to delete your local saves and then resync your cloud saves.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.