Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Death Squared and Splinter Cell Conviction Now Free with Games with Gold

  • KingyOwlKingyOwl352,087
    Posted on 16 July 18 at 18:21Permalink
    Death Squared looks a very complicated puzzler. I expect it should be an easy completion if a few more guides get added though.
  • planting42planting421,432,458
    Posted on 16 July 18 at 18:24, Edited on 16 July 18 at 18:25 by planting42Permalink
    AxemanHakuma 26 said:
    Still not showing as Free in IRELAND & Its 6pm here !
    MasterPie917 said:
    I can confirm that although it says it will charge you, it doesn't.
    Used my paypal account to pay and nothing is showing on it and neither did i get a confirmation e-mail of my purchase.
    planting42 said:
    I have $2 in my Paypal account which is what's linked as a payment for x360. I was also unsure but was armed with the knowledge that I can refund it if I'm charged. Well, I'm still sitting on $2 and have the game so... I'd say its safe to click.
    https://www.trueachievements.com/event/BeanDive2018
  • Dale BaldwinDale Baldwin1,640,989
    Posted on 16 July 18 at 18:53, Edited on 16 July 18 at 18:54 by Dale BaldwinPermalink
    KingyOwl said:
    Death Squared looks a very complicated puzzler. I expect it should be an easy completion if a few more guides get added though.
    There are some good youtube videos out there. I used them to speed through the latter levels of the story mode yesterday. I just need to do the party levels now; hardest part is making sure you're moving the correct bot.
  • Goggs25Goggs251,187,355
    Posted on 16 July 18 at 19:53Permalink
    splinter cell still not showing as free in the UK
    Goggs25
  • Posted on 16 July 18 at 20:18Permalink
    I got it for free and had nothing in my paypal. If you guys are still skeptical, just charge it to your paypal with no money in the account.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle827,515
    Posted on 16 July 18 at 20:19Permalink
    KingyOwl said:
    Death Squared looks a very complicated puzzler. I expect it should be an easy completion if a few more guides get added though.
    It really isn't complicated if you are used to puzzle games. There is some trial and error with the buttons, but otherwise, it's pretty easy.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • Posted on 16 July 18 at 20:46Permalink
    Death Squared looks to be about as fun as watching paint dry
    www.gamertagnation.com
  • Posted on 16 July 18 at 20:47Permalink
    Louis G Sanford said:
    I got it for free and had nothing in my paypal. If you guys are still skeptical, just charge it to your paypal with no money in the account.
    Fairly certain it hits the linked credit card if there is no money in the account.

    In any event, I'll just wait a few days until they correct it. I am sure it won't charge... and if they do I am sure I'd get a refund... I just don't want the headache for a game that will probably sit in my backlog, untouched, for the next year.
  • Posted on 16 July 18 at 20:58Permalink
    spankyNspronkle said:
    In any event, I'll just wait a few days until they correct it. I am sure it won't charge... and if they do I am sure I'd get a refund... I just don't want the headache for a game that will probably sit in my backlog, untouched, for the next year.
    Agreed.
  • Posted on 16 July 18 at 21:13Permalink
    spankyNspronkle said:
    Louis G Sanford said:
    I got it for free and had nothing in my paypal. If you guys are still skeptical, just charge it to your paypal with no money in the account.
    Fairly certain it hits the linked credit card if there is no money in the account.

    In any event, I'll just wait a few days until they correct it. I am sure it won't charge... and if they do I am sure I'd get a refund... I just don't want the headache for a game that will probably sit in my backlog, untouched, for the next year.
    Depends on your account setup. My account is linked to my card but nothing comes out of my card unless I set up payments that way. But I get it; better safe than sorry.
  • Posted on 16 July 18 at 21:15Permalink
    Splinter cell not working in Canada yet either.
    on another note, Human Fall Flat hasn't worked since the beginning of the month in gamepass. won't even download.
    Rob
  • Posted on 16 July 18 at 21:23Permalink
    Looks like Ubisoft gave the people Splinter Cell after all laugh

    Seriously though, gonna grab both of these. Death Squared looks fun and have heard good things about this Splinter Cell.
  • Posted on 16 July 18 at 21:32Permalink
    Lol whenever I try to download Splinter Cell I get "This feature is unavailable"
  • vG x MadnessvG x Madness461,013
    Posted on 16 July 18 at 22:28Permalink
    Okay guys best thing to do is to buy it from Xbox store (Xbox one owners can only use credit/debit card) so transfer any money from your main account to a separate if possible (I have just purchased it with 21p in my bank and transferred the rest back over after it started downloading) so you don’t get charged on card either :) just being glitchy like last time a game wasn’t “free”
    Danny (You Don't Need Skills You Just Need Luck #HardestAchievements)
  • DavidinCTDavidinCT51,178
    Posted on 16 July 18 at 23:31Permalink
    I was going to try for SpinterCell but, not taking a risk of getting hit $20 + tax on a 360 game...

    I'll wait to see if it's still listed like that in a few days.
  • Posted on 16 July 18 at 23:42Permalink
    Major Nelson has confirmed they are looking into Splinter Cell: Conviction asking for $20 on Twitter
    https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas/suggestions/31160404-pay-instantly-option-when-pre-ordering
  • Posted on 17 July 18 at 00:22Permalink
    Vitiated1 said:
    Lol whenever I try to download Splinter Cell I get "This feature is unavailable"
    Yep, same.
    Hola
  • Posted on 17 July 18 at 01:56Permalink
    Splinter Cell has been fixed in the U.S, it is now free.
    Th3 Awesom3 One
  • OhhJustBQOhhJustBQ485,620
    Posted on 17 July 18 at 01:58Permalink
    Splinter Cell Conviction is finally free
  • GRUB Ki11RGRUB Ki11R217,923
    Posted on 17 July 18 at 02:36Permalink
    This has happened to me before with other Xbox 360 titles and how i got them was to go to my Xbox 360 and download it there then it becomes a game I own.
    I know a lot of people probably do not still have their 360s, as a lot of my friends traded up to get the XB1 but I waited until I could afford it.
    Its worth a try if you still have a 360.
    GRUB Ki11r
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.