Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Death Squared and Splinter Cell Conviction Now Free with Games with Gold

• HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead504,833
  • Crater BobCrater Bob313,247
    Posted on 17 July 18 at 03:21, Edited on 17 July 18 at 07:35 by Crater BobPermalink
    HolyHalfDead said:
    I find the xbox.com store links (360) are more reliable than the microsoft.com links (Xbox One).

http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-...

rather than

https://www.microsoft.com/p/x/bp58jn2gvqs8
    Can confirm, shows up free through HHD's link to the Marketplace, then shows up on X1 in My Games & Apps/Ready To Install.
    Gatekeeper 3-6 off your starboard wing, turn to 2-2-0 and drop to angels two or you will be fired upon!
  • rad fadrad fad299,962
    Posted on 17 July 18 at 04:31Permalink
    Anybody having an issue of when you uninstall a game, it's not showing in your Ready to Install list?
  • ElyohElyoh792,977
    Posted on 17 July 18 at 05:24Permalink
    rad fad said:
    Anybody having an issue of when you uninstall a game, it's not showing in your Ready to Install list?
    This is normally a region issue. If the game is not available in the region your console is set to, it will not sure up in your ready to install. Could be a different issue, but I would recommend checking out that first.
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • Crater BobCrater Bob313,247
    Posted on 17 July 18 at 05:52Permalink
    Elyoh said:
    rad fad said:
    This is normally a region issue. If the game is not available in the region your console is set to, it will not sure up in your ready to install. Could be a different issue, but I would recommend checking out that first.
    For me it just eventually shows up later on when the console finally figures out I deleted something.
    Gatekeeper 3-6 off your starboard wing, turn to 2-2-0 and drop to angels two or you will be fired upon!
  • ElyohElyoh792,977
    Posted on 17 July 18 at 05:58Permalink
    Crater Bob said:
    Elyoh said:
    rad fad said:
    For me it just eventually shows up later on when the console finally figures out I deleted something.
    Good to know, I've never deleted something and wanted to install it again any time soon.
  • mrbellekmrbellek344,421
    Posted on 17 July 18 at 06:13Permalink
    Splinter Cell Conviction shows up as free this morning.
  • ShokuPanMikeShokuPanMike158,180
    Posted on 17 July 18 at 09:15Permalink
    GRUB Ki11R said:
    This has happened to me before with other Xbox 360 titles and how i got them was to go to my Xbox 360 and download it there then it becomes a game I own.
    I know a lot of people probably do not still have their 360s, as a lot of my friends traded up to get the XB1 but I waited until I could afford it.
    Its worth a try if you still have a 360.
    That's what I did. I've had an XB1 for over 2 years now but still not ready to leave my 360 behind. On the One, Splinter Cell was looking like I might get charged, then later not appearing at all so I started up the 360 and after some incredible waiting time for pages to appear (why is that?), the game was there, available for free. It's ready to install on the One now. I expect they'll fix it properly soon.
    Less work, more play!
  • GambacinniGambacinni171,884
    Posted on 17 July 18 at 09:16Permalink
    Balls, I went to get Splinter cell last night and wasn't showing as free, not my Gold has expired today, so showing £8.99.

Gold seems a little more expensive than usual in the UK. Can usually get for around £26 but only seems to be cheap Brazilian codes knocking around
  • RatpoizenRatpoizen582,159
    Posted on 17 July 18 at 19:55Permalink
    Wow, not one mention of Assault Android Cactus in the comments that I can see. AAC is a really addictive and fun game. Everyone likes different genres of course, but I found this a really great game.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle827,429
    Posted on 17 July 18 at 20:18Permalink
    Ratpoizen said:
    Wow, not one mention of Assault Android Cactus in the comments that I can see. AAC is a really addictive and fun game. Everyone likes different genres of course, but I found this a really great game.
    Probably because it's been free for 15 days now.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • RatpoizenRatpoizen582,159
    Posted on 17 July 18 at 21:11Permalink
    Shinnizle said:
    Ratpoizen said:
    Probably because it's been free for 15 days now.
    Yeah I forgot it has been free since the start of July.
  • Hahaman4realHahaman4real355,357
    Posted on 20 July 18 at 06:00Permalink
    Death squared crashes everytime for me.. anyone else?
  • ElyohElyoh792,977
    Posted on 20 July 18 at 06:47Permalink
    Hahaman4real said:
    Death squared crashes everytime for me.. anyone else?
    If it's crashing while loading up, Xbox had a known issue earlier today that was causing this to happen to lots of games. Try again tomorrow.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.