The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Ultimate Game Sale 2018

AuthorMessage
xX Maxxter Xx
1,133,928
xX Maxxter Xx
Posted on 20 July 18 at 06:46
In Europe Doom/ Wolfenstein II Bundle is cheaper than the Wolfenstein II Normal Edition.
And Doom/ Wolfenstein II Bundle with Wolfenstein II seasonpass is cheaper than Wolfenstein II Deluxe Edition including Seasonpass. facepalm
wookieepuppy
337,647
wookieepuppy
Posted on 20 July 18 at 06:53, Edited on 20 July 18 at 06:54 by wookieepuppy
The walking dead collection is on sale. £33 or thereabouts.

You can get it for free if you preorder the walking dead final season for £19.19.... release date mid August.

I have preordered “final season” and , like others here, have not yet received the “collection”......I have been in contact with Microsoft support and they said that “you can only access the collection once the final season has been released.”

This seems to be at odds with what Microsoft is telling other folk regarding this mystery.
TheMaize
1,020,589
TheMaize
Posted on 20 July 18 at 06:55
wookieepuppy said:
The walking dead collection is on sale. £33 or thereabouts.

You can get it for free I feel you preorder the walking dead final season for £19.19.... release date mid August.

I have preordered “final season” and , like others here, have not yet received the “collection”......I have been in contact with Microsoft support and they said that “you can only access the collection once the final season has been released.”

This seems to be at odds with what Microsoft is telling other folk regarding this mystery.
its not rare....same thing happened with the last southpark game...me and many others got the remastered stick of truth imediately upon preordering...but people who preordered a few months later, only got it at release
Charlie Lima
269,495
Charlie Lima
Posted on 20 July 18 at 07:12
Hellblade for me!
no1SuperVillain
Posted on 20 July 18 at 12:54
Fancy Ride for £4 but does anybody know if you can still get a game online?
EvolvedMonkey97
Posted on 20 July 18 at 19:53
Resident Evil Origins, Sunset Overdrive season pass, and Hellblade for me.
Choose The Impossible
ChrisChros87
95,863
ChrisChros87
Posted on 21 July 18 at 06:56
Far Cry 5 anyone?
Brushwagg42
45,182
Brushwagg42
Posted on 21 July 18 at 08:50
wookieepuppy said:
The walking dead collection is on sale. £33 or thereabouts.

You can get it for free if you preorder the walking dead final season for £19.19.... release date mid August.

I have preordered “final season” and , like others here, have not yet received the “collection”......I have been in contact with Microsoft support and they said that “you can only access the collection once the final season has been released.”

This seems to be at odds with what Microsoft is telling other folk regarding this mystery.
Very interested in this, as I have only played the first two seasons. Where does it say that you get the TWD collection for free with a preorder of the final season?
DE4N MUFC
541,096
DE4N MUFC
Posted on 21 July 18 at 09:13, Edited on 21 July 18 at 09:44 by DE4N MUFC
I’ll get Everspace and maybe Hellblade just before the sale ends. Dangerous Golf looks like a good buy. I really want to buy Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition but I’ve already finished the base game and would buy at £20 without hesitation for all the dlc.

For those who are not interested in anything in this sale or already have the games, I suggest getting Guts and Glory that’s just released, it’s not in the sale but it’s a fun and easy completion.
no1SuperVillain
Posted on 21 July 18 at 10:31
DE4N MUFC said:
I’ll get Everspace and maybe Hellblade just before the sale ends. Dangerous Golf looks like a good buy. I really want to buy Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition but I’ve already finished the base game and would buy at £20 without hesitation for all the dlc.

For those who are not interested in anything in this sale or already have the games, I suggest getting Guts and Glory that’s just released, it’s not in the sale but it’s a fun and easy completion.
Guts & Glory looks fun, thanks for the recommendation.

Looks a bit pricey at twelve quid for that type of game though so will keep an eye on sales in future.

I'm already struggling on keeping my spending down on this sale. I think Ill be grabbing Everspace also.
wookieepuppy
337,647
wookieepuppy
Posted on 21 July 18 at 12:08
The walking dead telltale mystery solved:

I preordered the final,season of the walking dead ...which gives me the walking dead collection for free ....... however...the collection was not given to me until right now... after I noticed that the collection was “available for free” on the Xbox store....and after Microsoft told me I would not get it for a month .HA HA !

So...everyone who has preordered the final season should now see the collection available for free NOW !

Hurrah!
wookieepuppy
337,647
wookieepuppy
Posted on 21 July 18 at 12:22
Brushwagg42 said:
wookieepuppy said:
The walking dead collection is on sale. £33 or thereabouts.

You can get it for free if you preorder the walking dead final season for £19.19.... release date mid August.
Very interested in this, as I have only played the first two seasons. Where does it say that you get the TWD collection for free with a preorder of the final season?
It says so in the DESCRIPTION box here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/the-walking-dead-the-final...

And here on the telltale site: https://telltale.com/news/2018/06/telltale-s-the-walking-dea...

“Everyone who pre-orders the game will receive download access to each of the season's four episodes as they become available. If you pre-order on PS4 or Xbox One, you'll also receive immediate access to The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series Collection, which gathers all 19 existing episodes into a single package. So basically you get the entire series for free and can enjoy the journey in full before reaching the final chapter later this year.”
StarlinX
138,295
StarlinX
Posted on 21 July 18 at 16:13
I REALLY wish, with a sale this huge, that there were more multiple lists. Like there is a a top 20 list and a list of quickest completions. I wish we could have seperate lists by base genre (RPG, platformer, FPS, etc). I know I'm in the minority, but I would also like to see a list of just the play anywhere games on the sale.
Allgorhythm
252,095
Allgorhythm
Posted on 21 July 18 at 16:20
I highly recommend Forgotton Anne. Although it's only discounted 20%, it was not that expensive to begin with--19.99 USD.
MattiasAnderson
Posted on 22 July 18 at 00:40
Most games that I had on my wishlist did not have a good enough discount. Bought 1 game but I am also interested in Aerea or whatever the name is.
Magic
cenGii91
248,897
cenGii91
Posted on 22 July 18 at 15:46
I can see X Gold is 7,99€ per 3 months, while 1 year is 39,99€. Isn't it cheaper buying 4x 3 months instead of 1 yeae subscription?
I make multiple lists ranging from achievements to dlc pricing. Constantly updating data when available.
TheMaize
1,020,589
TheMaize
Posted on 22 July 18 at 16:23
cenGii91 said:
I can see X Gold is 7,99€ per 3 months, while 1 year is 39,99€. Isn't it cheaper buying 4x 3 months instead of 1 yeae subscription?
sure is..but since the 3 months sub only works for new members, you cant stack them..if you dont own gold, you could buy 3 months, and add a 12 month to it though
Brushwagg42
45,182
Brushwagg42
Posted on 22 July 18 at 17:43
wookieepuppy said:
Brushwagg42 said:
wookieepuppy said:
The walking dead collection is on sale. £33 or thereabouts.

You can get it for free if you preorder the walking dead final season for £19.19.... release date mid August.
Very interested in this, as I have only played the first two seasons. Where does it say that you get the TWD collection for free with a preorder of the final season?
It says so in the DESCRIPTION box here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/the-walking-dead-the-final...

And here on the telltale site: https://telltale.com/news/2018/06/telltale-s-the-walking-dea...

“Everyone who pre-orders the game will receive download access to each of the season's four episodes as they become available. If you pre-order on PS4 or Xbox One, you'll also receive immediate access to The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series Collection, which gathers all 19 existing episodes into a single package. So basically you get the entire series for free and can enjoy the journey in full before reaching the final chapter later this year.”
Thanks wookie smileclap
DaveOwl
86,058
DaveOwl
Posted on 23 July 18 at 09:48
Very sly, they have increased the price of Diablo 3 Eternal Collection from £16.50 to £22.00 even for Gold subscribers.
notion3000
249,272
notion3000
Posted on 23 July 18 at 12:08
Dresden N7 said:
You guys don't have an excuse anymore. Buy Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice!
I only have an Xbox One S and it has been enhanced for the Xbox One X. Would you wait to play ituntil say next year when I could buy a Xbox One X ?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.