Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

The 20 Quickest Xbox One and Xbox 360 Completions from the Ultimate Game Sale

AuthorMessage
WEBHEAD 7
WEBHEAD 7
Posted on 19 July 18 at 22:42, Edited on 19 July 18 at 22:42 by WEBHEAD 7
atryeu1 said:
PuddleOfStix said:
Far Cry Classic? Nah, mate. Can't sneak by enemies for a certain achievement in the campaign as they always detect you no matter how slow and well hidden you are.
I agree with this. I was so disappointed with that game and wish I could get my money back for it. If I had known the stealth was so badly done (not to mention several other things) I would never have bought it to begin with. I still have yet to go back to it and try and finish the story. :(
FCC was great..! Stealth wasn't implemented very well, it's true.. But I did it and so did almost a 5th of the people who've started it. Pretty high completion rate, really
Kez001
Kez001
Posted on 19 July 18 at 22:57
Strykerz911 said:
Kez001 said:
Scrabble being on this list assumes it'll load and that you have a partner to do the emote achievement with online. If your account is linked to ubisoft club the game likes to just crash at startup. Wound up having to get a physical copy in order to play it.
There's a workaround to the crashing. Load the game offline. As soon as you are in the menu where you can choose a game, you can go online again. It's how I finished the game.

Also, I got the multiplayer emote achievement within 10 minutes of searching for a random game.
Couldn't get the workaround to fix it due to home console settings
LuckyKant
LuckyKant
Posted on 20 July 18 at 00:09
Stryker can has said:
I can't speak to most of the other games, but in addition to being quick completions...

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons,
Tacoma,
and Inside

... are absolutely fantastic games. I also personally feel like Abzû is more than worth full asking price, but that one's a little less game and a little more experience, so some might not be interested.
ABZÛ was very enjoyable and a nice change of pace. I managed to import a disc version to the UK and expect it is quite rare over here.
atryeu1
atryeu1
Posted on 20 July 18 at 01:31
WEBHEAD 7 said:
atryeu1 said:
PuddleOfStix said:
Far Cry Classic? Nah, mate. Can't sneak by enemies for a certain achievement in the campaign as they always detect you no matter how slow and well hidden you are.
I agree with this. I was so disappointed with that game and wish I could get my money back for it. If I had known the stealth was so badly done (not to mention several other things) I would never have bought it to begin with. I still have yet to go back to it and try and finish the story. :(
FCC was great..! Stealth wasn't implemented very well, it's true.. But I did it and so did almost a 5th of the people who've started it. Pretty high completion rate, really
My complaint wasn't with "just" the stealth though when it came to that game. I ran into far too many glitchy problems, mostly with combat, and just couldn't enjoy it and I moved onto something I was more interested in. I love FC3 & FC4 so it's not that I don't like the series or anything, it was just disappointing enough to where if I could take back buying it I would. After I catch up on my backlog a bit I will go back to it just for the sake of trying to finish and delete it from my hard drive.
TheOtherBarber
Posted on 20 July 18 at 01:34
is Scrabble not on sale in the USA? showing up as $15 on here and on the Xbox site...
Redd Five
Redd Five
Posted on 20 July 18 at 01:46
Elite1111111111 said:
Terrene Fire said:
Black and White Bushido requires 4 controllers to 100% it according to the walk through- makes it a vey expensive 1000G 😹
Yeah, I feel like that needs to be pointed out. I don't think many people have 4 XBone controllers. I only do through some of my first controllers that had issues down the line that I hadn't had replacement plans on.
I picked up 2 cheap wired controllers that also work on my PC. Gets you a little more bang for your buck that way.
WEBHEAD 7
WEBHEAD 7
Posted on 20 July 18 at 02:57
atryeu1 said:
WEBHEAD 7 said:
atryeu1 said:
PuddleOfStix said:
My complaint wasn't with "just" the stealth though when it came to that game. I ran into far too many glitchy problems, mostly with combat, and just couldn't enjoy it and I moved onto something I was more interested in. I love FC3 & FC4 so it's not that I don't like the series or anything, it was just disappointing enough to where if I could take back buying it I would. After I catch up on my backlog a bit I will go back to it just for the sake of trying to finish and delete it from my hard drive.
I hope you have a better time with it next time. good luck
LowKlass101
LowKlass101
Posted on 20 July 18 at 03:07
BMann1976 said:
Conan Exiles, really?
Yes very easy to do. When I first started the was was thinking it was going to take forever until a buddy of mine looked it up. Follow the guide on here and it takes like an hour or so.
atryeu1
atryeu1
Posted on 20 July 18 at 04:47
WEBHEAD 7 said:
I hope you have a better time with it next time. good luck
Thanks, I hope so as well. I think a lot of it was I just ran into too many problems right off and I couldn't enjoy it over all the issues. I have had similar issues with games where my first attempt had far too many problems and I just couldn't enjoy it, but later down the road I tried again and didn't have the issues I had before and it made it more enjoyable. I still dread that horrible stealth attempt but it's clear that people can get past that so it's just trial and error :P
Charlie Lima
Charlie Lima
Posted on 20 July 18 at 04:58
Greate article!
Just what Im interested in now, easy games to get me of grinding the hard ones. Thanks!
Marulez
Marulez
Posted on 20 July 18 at 06:16
Nice Overview. THX!
ScarletReptile
Posted on 20 July 18 at 06:49
Limbo is pretty simple, except for the one achievement to play the entire game in one sitting and only dying a max of 5 times. It's the only one I'm missing from the game since I don't want to sink an hour or two into a run to make a dumb mistake and have to start over.
Nomstuff
Nomstuff
Posted on 20 July 18 at 09:08
BMann1976 said:
Conan Exiles, really?
Yeah, with console commands it takes no time at all
MathGuy42
MathGuy42
Posted on 20 July 18 at 10:17
The average discount column is incorrect, at least to my understanding of "discount." When I hear 75% discount, I expect a $20 item to cost only $5. But in the chart above, saying 75% discount means that the item is on sale for 75% of its usual price. Thus a $20 item would cost $15.

I haven't checked all the games, but I'm guessing that all the discounts should be replaced with 100%-x%. They would then line up with the numbers in Xbox One Ultimate Game Sale 2018.
Mtld
Mtld
Posted on 20 July 18 at 12:05
Thanks, that's really useful!
IS Achilles SI
Posted on 20 July 18 at 13:04
Anymore I feel that I can't be bothered to devote upwards of 4-5 hours for the Xbox 360 arcade games that only provide a boost of 200-400 Gamerscore. I could complete a few ACA NEO GEO titles or some of the really good ID@Xbox titles for better Gamerscore in a shorter time span.
MathGuy42
MathGuy42
Posted on 20 July 18 at 13:16
The stats for The Jackbox Party Pack 3 don't make sense to me. The game can be completed in 3-4 hours. But some of the achievements have very high ratios, like 4.74. I don't fully understand why. The solutions don't sound too hard.

My guess is that these achievements, while easy, aren't likely to happen naturally, leaving out non-achievement hunters. Still, only 4% bothering with a small grind seems odd for TA. Just wondering if there's something about this game I don't understand.
Elite1111111111
Posted on 20 July 18 at 13:29
Well even though it's on TA, since it's a party game you're gonna have plenty of users playing it who normally aren't big achievement hunters. Yes that might be weird on this site, but the site's useful even if you aren't just trying to 100% everything.
Nomstuff
Nomstuff
Posted on 20 July 18 at 13:41, Edited on 20 July 18 at 13:42 by Nomstuff
It's a party game, so the majority of players will only play the one they like with their friends, that'll apply to TA too.

It'd be the same with the Visual Novels if we had a larger casual audience for them here.
Blissed Away
Blissed Away
Posted on 20 July 18 at 13:44
Got Mini Ninjas as that has appealed to me for some time. Got to connect the 360 back up though.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.