Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

THQ Nordic Tease What They're Bringing To This Year's Gamescom

AuthorMessage
NismoR034
NismoR034
Posted on 22 July 18 at 14:24
E3: annual event.

World Cup: every 4 years.

Yeah, I think itโ€™s pretty obvious which event should get priority.
TheTailsEffect
Posted on 22 July 18 at 17:52
Ostrowidzki1989 said:
Signal24Code20 said:
Ostrowidzki1989 said:
Considering they'd rather watch soccer/football than go to E3, basically screams they don't have a lot of high hopes for this game. Looks like another bargain bin sale for me. laugh

Does anyone else think that shows they don't really care if they can justify just blowing off E3? To watch something they can always catch up on after the fact?
That's a horrible assumption. So they skipped a trade show to enjoy an event that occurs only once every 4 years. And the only thing it did was push back their presentation by 2 months, which will still happen at a large trade show.

Nothing about that shows a lack of hopes in their games. Instead, your post shows a lack of reasoning.
Think about that for a minute. E3 is huge. They didn't push back E3, they skipped it. They skipped it for watching a stupid game they can catch up on at a later time.

Plus, with all the unobtainables they'll have... haha
You've got a chip on your shoulder, for some strange reason.

Lots of publishers/devs miss E3 - Rockstar, Valve etc.

You might not give a crap about sports but in Europe we love the World Cup - Even those of us who don't normally watch football.
TURUT
TURUT
Posted on 22 July 18 at 21:45
sorry thought THQ NORDIC was a gaming company ,but they skip E3 for soccer.really bad ideal,they still have not tried to fix their games that was released last year, BAJA not a bad game ,but i refuse to buy from a company that dont care about their games or their fans. good luck not going bankrupted again THQ but i've personally boycotted your company til you fix your games.๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐ŸŽฎ๐ŸŽฎ๐ŸŽฎ๐ŸŽฎ๐ŸŽฎ
turut
Endless404
Endless404
Posted on 22 July 18 at 23:21
Was really interested in Generation Zero until I read further and it started sounding like the 80s themed zombie mode from infinite warfare. Early stage screens are actually looking pretty great, plus many comparisons from Stalker never hurt, but if it ends up being some drop in drop out four player co-op game where the prime objective seems to be whose character best fits into fortnite then no thanks.
MegaDriveMaster
Posted on 22 July 18 at 23:23
TURUT said:
sorry thought THQ NORDIC was a gaming company ,but they skip E3 for soccer.really bad ideal,they still have not tried to fix their games that was released last year, BAJA not a bad game ,but i refuse to buy from a company that dont care about their games or their fans. good luck not going bankrupted again THQ but i've personally boycotted your company til you fix your games.๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐ŸŽฎ๐ŸŽฎ๐ŸŽฎ๐ŸŽฎ๐ŸŽฎ
Actually it takes time to fix unobtainable cheevos. Another thing is that THQ Nordic (formely known as Nordic Games before the acquisition of THQ's remaining assets) is a European studio... specifically in Austria. It's not the same THQ as the older, American counterpart. I found it understandable since I am from Poland (and living in Ireland.) But that doesn't mean you have to curse at the company like crazy just because an Austrian company decided to settle for an event that takes place every four years. Naturally that doesn't mean you have to berate them for not fixing games let alone Xbox achievements. If I were you I would have made constructive criticism (not that the majority of internet users even know what's the difference between constructive or destructive criticism.)

I just wanted to point that out. And remember: THQ Nordic is not the only company that had to skip E3 for one reason or another. And it can happen in different years.

But look on the bright side: their subsiduary, Deep Silver, DID make it to E3 with Metro Exodus.
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 23 July 18 at 00:09
Okay. Watching world cup is more important than their livelihood. Their families will definitely understand that they had to watch a game than take advantage of a huge marketing opportunity.

I guess those who say recreational activity over a MASSIVE marketing opportunity. Don't say it'll get lost, because so many people watch it.

Plus, Dark Siders 2 remastered. Enough said.
Capn Beav
Capn Beav
Posted on 23 July 18 at 05:33
I thought that the World Cup thing was meant to be a joke, especially since it began on the final day of E3.
NismoR034
NismoR034
Posted on 23 July 18 at 08:42
Ostrowidzki1989 said:
Okay. Watching world cup is more important than their livelihood. Their families will definitely understand that they had to watch a game than take advantage of a huge marketing opportunity.
Yeah, missing out on E3 will really hurt their livelihoods. Them missing E3 clearly means their families will be out on the streets living in poverty now. How dare they miss E3. Clearly it's the be all and end all of all of gaming forever. roll
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 23 July 18 at 08:52
Capn Beav said:
I thought that the World Cup thing was meant to be a joke, especially since it began on the final day of E3.
I would have thought it was a joke to be honest, but the poster clearly has a massive issue with football for some reason...I mean I think the money involved is ridiculous but to pass off one of the highest income generating sports as a past-time betrays some resentment.

I wonder if they accept gaming as an inconsequential hobby, as a large amount of people claim it is?
Legohead 1977
s3bb86
s3bb86
Posted on 24 July 18 at 15:09
For smaller european studios, gamescom is always more important. It's just a lot cheaper because of travel fees over the pond. All big gaming-oriented websites will also cover gamescom, so there is not much lost in skipping E3.
Bayern Munich Supporter and NBA Junkie
Teh ShadowMan
Teh ShadowMan
Posted on 27 July 18 at 22:21, Edited on 27 July 18 at 22:22 by Teh ShadowMan
Legohead 1977 said:
Capn Beav said:
I would have thought it was a joke to be honest, but the poster clearly has a massive issue with football for some reason...I mean I think the money involved is ridiculous but to pass off one of the highest income generating sports as a past-time betrays some resentment.

I wonder if they accept gaming as an inconsequential hobby, as a large amount of people claim it is?
I am pretty sure that there was no malice intended in the post. What surprised me was how many took it as gospel.
Mr Peanutbubber
Posted on 28 July 18 at 14:52
Looking forward to Fade to Silence, Generation Zero, and Wreckfest.

Also, shouts to this thread becoming a discussion about prioritizing soccer or marketing video games. It was a good read! laugh
War...war never changes.
Endar of NTA
Endar of NTA
Posted on 21 August 18 at 01:33
TimeSplitters. That's got to be one of the surprises!
ClaN NTA Has Patience
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.