The TrueAchievements Podcast

Forum for discussing the TrueAchievements Podcast - show feedback and new ideas

TA Podcast: Earthfall, Vermintide 2, Fruit Racing and Win a Game

• DaveKineticDaveKinetic627,568
  • DariusDaSnepDariusDaSnep501,831
    Posted on 21 July 18 at 19:34
    im hoping to save up some money for some of these games that are coming out even though i won all starfruit and full spectrum this week also i want earthfall it feels like a better version of left 4 dead and ive also gotten so many games off the ultimate games sale this well like atleast 2 point clicks that were 12$ cause thats really a good deal imo
  • ネメシスネメシス1,016,157
    Posted on 21 July 18 at 20:56
    AboveHunter said:
    im hoping to save up some money for some of these games that are coming out even though i won all starfruit and full spectrum this week also i want earthfall it feels like a better version of left 4 dead and ive also gotten so many games off the ultimate games sale this well like atleast 2 point clicks that were 12$ cause thats really a good deal imo
    Earthfall is most certainly not a better L4D, idk how a game running UE4 can look worse than L4D, drop frames like crazy all whilst having no where near the same kind of horde density.

It needs work but a coop focused game that launched with broken matchmaking has already done too much damage so game was basically doa;/
  • Posted on 21 July 18 at 21:29
    I wasn't even considering Vermintide 2 at all but the play style seems fun. Listening also convinced me to load up Gone Home finally.
  • taximiketaximike428,861
    Posted on 22 July 18 at 01:51
    Picked up hellblade in the sale, best looking game ive ever played. looks amazing. Also resi 7 but not started yet. Started vermuntide 1 but not loving it so far.
  • Posted on 22 July 18 at 04:26
    Between Amazon Prime day and the ultimate game sale my wallet took a good hit but I’m very happy with my purchases. My only complaint is next year Amazon and Microsoft need to get with Beanpotter so the sales happen before TA’s bean divetoast
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm577,875
    Posted on 22 July 18 at 14:55
    Just tried to go for the Vermintide 2 giveaway but the post is redirected to the old ACO giveaway.
  • Northern LassNorthern Lass1,442,673
    Posted on 23 July 18 at 02:27
    Not bought much in the sale except count lucador and the rush pixar game.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong459,382
    Posted on 23 July 18 at 02:43, Edited on 23 July 18 at 02:43 by TymanTheLong
    I’d love to make a suggestion. As so often happens I was listening to some of your descriptions of games this week (I think maybe you were talking about Vermintide 2) and I realized I couldn’t recall which game you guys were speaking about. Now I have memory and concentration issues that most folks don’t have, but it’s a long podcast and most people do pause their podcasts and do something else before coming back. Also a lot of us do chores or walk the dog, etc. while listening.

I have, way too frequently, had to skip back in the cast 1-3 minutes because I realized I was especially interested in the game but couldn’t recall what it was to make a mental or physical note of it.

Would it throw off your “grove” to bookend any game you discuss for more than 30 seconds with the name, “So that wraps up Vermintide 2, next we played Earthfall”? Just a suggestion but I think it might really help the space cadets like myself enjoy the podcast even more.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,594,049
    Posted on 23 July 18 at 02:50
    Cuphead is the one thing I'll buy and really look forward to playing.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • RunroyRunroy785,278
    Posted on 23 July 18 at 18:09
    looking forward to the mugsters stream
    [URL=https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/Runroy][IMG]https://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/Runroy.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • triplepowtriplepow219,681
    Posted on 23 July 18 at 18:54
    Loved hearing Rich "working" in background
    Not trying is the same as failing!
  • Posted on 24 July 18 at 03:45
    TymanTheLong said:
    Would it throw off your “grove” to bookend any game you discuss for more than 30 seconds with the name, “So that wraps up Vermintide 2, next we played Earthfall”? Just a suggestion but I think it might really help the space cadets like myself enjoy the podcast even more.
    Good idea, I know sometimes you talk about a game I’ve never heard of and occasionally tune out but by the time you’re done talking about it I think I might like to play that... what was the game called again?
  • triplepowtriplepow219,681
    Posted on 25 July 18 at 12:49
    Thinking about the fishing didn't Rich start that as well (thanks to a handy site I can check!)

He did - race to the 100% surely??
    Not trying is the same as failing!
  • eayragteayragt272,309
    Posted on 25 July 18 at 18:56
    I thought I was unusual starting FH3 this week, but by the look of it quite few people have done the same. I guess FH4 being on Game Pass has encouraged those like me with 3 in the backlog to get a move on with it!

4 is looking awesome though...
    Say everything with a smile
  • MakeMeACoffeeMakeMeACoffee1,209,814
    Posted on 27 July 18 at 15:29
    Splinter cell conviction is a great game fir GWG - but I need a new splinter cell in my life.
  • DaveKineticDaveKinetic627,568
    Posted on 30 July 18 at 10:56
    The winner this week is comment number 3 by KEOLIVEatHOME:
    I wasn't even considering Vermintide 2 at all but the play style seems fun. Listening also convinced me to load up Gone Home finally.
    Check your inbox for the choice of games!
    TA Social Manager | @DaveKinetic
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.