Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

In Case You Missed It: Refunct

• LuckyKantLuckyKant1,125,671
    Posted on 22 July 18 at 16:06
    Probably the worst choice you have ever made for ICYMI.
  • The 7th ODSTThe 7th ODST785,444
    Posted on 22 July 18 at 16:16
    I personally really enjoyed this game and recommend it to anyone wanting an easy 1000G, But hey I’m just a stupid support main. laugh
  • Posted on 22 July 18 at 16:23
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    I hope you read it to see why I love it. smile
  • EurydaceEurydace653,122
    Posted on 22 July 18 at 16:27
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    I really, really enjoyed it actually. I felt the joy of discovery the first play through and then the intensity of perfecting a speed run. Fantastic game in my opinion.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant1,125,671
    Posted on 22 July 18 at 16:35, Edited on 22 July 18 at 16:36 by LuckyKant
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    I hope you read it to see why I love it. smile
    I did and I disagree. The game is boring, repetitive (even for such a short game) and unimaginative. Buying the coffee is better value.

Happy to see the feature back though. Some have been very good.
  • Posted on 22 July 18 at 16:37
    It took longer to read this than to get all 1,000gs.
  • Posted on 22 July 18 at 16:45
    For a low price tag and short game I really enjoyed it. I had fun exploring and trying to find all the platforms. The speed run was fun too, took some practice but by no means needed a perfect run. I haven’t had more playing a game that took one hour to complete. Great choice and looking forward to more articles like this.
  • Posted on 22 July 18 at 16:47
    The 7th ODST said:
    I personally really enjoyed this game and recommend it to anyone wanting an easy 1000G, But hey I’m just a stupid support main. laugh
    *Boosted Support main.
  • Posted on 22 July 18 at 16:58
    I enjoyed it as well.
    YouTube: AchievementLand
  • Posted on 22 July 18 at 17:04
    BiLLzuMaNaTi said:
    I enjoyed it as well.
    When I was writing this I remembered that your guide for the four minute run was the first time I saw an Achievement Land video. You always do great stuff!
  • PlayUltimate711PlayUltimate7111,617,414
    Posted on 22 July 18 at 17:10
    I hope some of you reading will back me up on this.
    No. This is a fine game. Its mechanics are well done. It's nice and relaxing and does engage the player. The achievements provide a decent challenge in learning the pathing through the level and using the mechanics to efficiently make it through. It's well done.

That said, there's very little here and anyone advocating for it this much is easily amused. There's just not much here to say other than it's a nice little relaxing game. You could say about as much about Pong.

It's not like it's offensive that Mark liked the game, but there are games with far more depth to them that should be discussed before this simplistic experience.

Do you know of a game that should be featured in our In Case You Missed It column? Put it in the comments
    Checking each game on my phone to see if it qualifies will be a pain, but I'll get on that when I get back home tomorrow
    I AM PEKE?
  • Posted on 22 July 18 at 17:32
    I bought this when it was half price on sale because I thought why not and actually it provided a few hours of platforming entertainment and a bit of challenge for the last couple of achievements. If you like platformers it's quite addictive and pretty fun. I can see the comparison to a bare bones mirror's edge. For a couple of quid it's well worth the money and recommended. If none of that sells you on it then it's easy gamerscore for a low price.
  • St3phosaurusSt3phosaurus315,551
    Posted on 22 July 18 at 17:35
    Thanks for the heads up! For that price, I'll give it a go.
  • Posted on 22 July 18 at 17:39
    I think garbo hit the nail on the head.

It's a fine game in and of itself but there leaves very little replay value.

For $3 it's not repulsive or off putting, but I think if it cost any more I might have a different overall opinion of it.
    How much for the whole kitten kaboodle?
  • AwooAwoo2,222,533
    Posted on 22 July 18 at 17:45
    A fine game for what it is, and it doesn't pretend like it's anything more. I enjoyed it, and that's something I rarely get to say about the platformers I play.
    What can change the nature of a man?
  • Johnny Fl3xJohnny Fl3x1,015,338
    Posted on 22 July 18 at 17:54
    Judging by the comments, seems like a hit or miss game. I only played it for a few minutes but it seems kind of boring to me, personally.
    Every game with DLC that you pay for is a paid update.
  • BoothdomBoothdom302,785
    Posted on 22 July 18 at 18:02
    I thought it was a fun little game, but it was a real struggle for me to 100% as it gave me really bad motion sickness. I couldn't play for more than 15 mins without wanting to puke! It weird as only a handful of games have this effect on me, namely; Half-Life, Wolfenstein Old Blood (to a lesser extent) and this.
    Dom
  • planting42planting422,096,043
    Posted on 22 July 18 at 18:09
    Refunct was OK for what it was trying to be. At that price, its not expected it will be a blockbuster. For $3 I'm looking for something that will occupy me for a few hours and that's it. However, it is a rather bland game. If parkour or platforming aren't your thing, it becomes is a chore to speedrun. Its worth its asking price for sure.

Here's 3 games I'd offer for consideration as they are all very underappreciated titles by the community:
    Shred It! - very mellow snowboarding title. Currently broken in favor of achievement hunters (the title update can be accomplished much simpler than intended) its a 6-8 hour completion for the entire title. There is some RNG that can get frustrating but overall its a very relaxing experience.

Riptide GP2 - Hydro Thunder.... HURRICANE! Well, not quite, same developer though. There aren't many wave racing style titles on the market but these guys have certainly done the genre justice. Well-detailed environments and a solid control system make it simple to get into and master. Also, a 10 hour completion for $6.99 is a great deal when you compare dollar spent to hour gamed.

Fat City - This is a interesting little puzzler where you take control various members of a crime gang and attempt to complete heists in New York City. Different crew members have different abilities and its up to you (or a guide) to determine how best to use them to complete the job and not get caught. Not only is it relatively simple to pick up, there are also great solutions on site if you get stuck.

Bonus! This one came down in price significantly but still sits among the least played games on site:
    Quantum Rush: Champions

$5 for a F-Zero clone? This is too good to be true you may say. Well, remember the number of tracked gamers? Its not only a beautiful game, its VERY difficult. Even bean diving the title will take a few hours to either shoot for the 1,000 rings or win 50 of a specific campaign race. If you want a very technical racing challenge, this is a great deal for the price. However, be aware the AI has more rubber bands up their sleeve than Office Depot.
    https://www.trueachievements.com/event/BeanDive2018
  • NappydugoutNappydugout873,993
    Posted on 22 July 18 at 18:50
    Really one of the more fun games I've played just for gamerscore, do recommend.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads