Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Albert and Otto Walkthrough Discussion

• Posted on 23 July 18 at 12:22
    Please use this thread to discuss the Albert and Otto walkthrough
  • Posted on 23 July 18 at 12:27, Edited on 23 July 18 at 12:28 by ManicMetalhead
    Will get this completed as quickly as possible.
    Feel free to message me directly with any questions, although I do check these forums relatively often.
  • Arran R WArran R W1,160,383
    Posted on 27 July 18 at 20:51
    Just curious if you have an estimate of when you expect this will be completed?
  • Posted on 28 July 18 at 10:14, Edited on 28 July 18 at 10:27 by ManicMetalhead
    Hopefully end of next week, I’ve just finished writing up the first boss and a little beyond that, so I’m about halfway through.
  • GrogsGrogs207,680
    Posted on 29 July 18 at 05:03
    Awesome! Looking forward to it!
    Posted on 29 July 18 at 12:16
    Nice one! I'll wait for it then. Keep up the good work!
  • Posted on 01 August 18 at 10:15
    Just an update, I've just finished writing Chapter 5, so only two more remain smile
  • Posted on 01 August 18 at 13:05, Edited on 01 August 18 at 13:07 by ManicMetalhead
    ManicMetalhead said:
    Just an update, I've just finished writing Chapter 5, so only two more remain smile
    Was able to work on it during my break at work, so I've just finished off chapter 6 now and I've already covered the river section. Just the last chapter with the final boss to go! Might be able to finish this today, if not, tomorrow should be definite.
  • Posted on 01 August 18 at 15:17
    Sorry to triple post, but this has now been completed and I've just sent it for review.
    Posted on 11 August 18 at 08:44
    Nice one. I look forward to it being published!
  • Posted on 11 August 18 at 19:31
    If anyone had any issues with this walkthrough, please post here or message me directly, I'm online pretty much every day!
    toast
  • Posted on 03 April 19 at 23:54
    So I’m at 25/26..follow d the guide and picked up everyone. Is there a way to see which one I’m missing? The picture looks complete as well which is odd..any help would be much appreciated!
    Matthew
  • Posted on 06 April 19 at 15:07
    I'd just like to point out that as of 04/06/2019 you can die more than 5 times in a playthrough and get the Wunderbar achievement. Just mentioning it as I think the last confirmed date was June 2018 or something.
  • Posted on 06 April 19 at 18:42
    iTz Canada Ehh said:
    I'd just like to point out that as of 04/06/2019 you can die more than 5 times in a playthrough and get the Wunderbar achievement. Just mentioning it as I think the last confirmed date was June 2018 or something.
    In the actual guide for that achievement its been confirmed quite recently i believe
    Matthew
  • Posted on 06 April 19 at 19:57
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    iTz Canada Ehh said:
    In the actual guide for that achievement its been confirmed quite recently i believe
    It’s good for it to be double confirmed either way, glad it’s still glitched!
  • Posted on 06 April 19 at 21:57
    ManicMetalhead said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    iTz Canada Ehh said:
    It’s good for it to be double confirmed either way, glad it’s still glitched!
    Indeed! I would’ve hated to go for that in this game lol
    Matthew
  • TheOnlyMattoTheOnlyMatto1,574,561
    Posted on 07 April 19 at 16:41
    Head back along these platforms and pick up Otto. Head back to the left across the platforms and pick up the box you find on the lower level. Head back to the left again, with the box telekinetically in hand. At the other side (with the power box), raise the box above you head and jump onto the platform above, then place the box the upper left platform. This activates a button that opens a door on the other side.

the bold part is wrong. you had to head left to pick up Otto. it should be "Head back to the right across the platforms and pick up the box...." kudos on guide and ty
    See you in Valhalla or Hel... where ever you end up.
  • Posted on 07 April 19 at 17:52, Edited on 07 April 19 at 17:53 by ManicMetalhead
    TheOnlyMatto said:
    Head back along these platforms and pick up Otto. Head back to the left across the platforms and pick up the box you find on the lower level. Head back to the left again, with the box telekinetically in hand. At the other side (with the power box), raise the box above you head and jump onto the platform above, then place the box the upper left platform. This activates a button that opens a door on the other side.

the bold part is wrong. you had to head left to pick up Otto. it should be {#}Head back to the right across the platforms and pick up the box....{#} kudos on guide and ty
    Ah!
    Thank you, I'll get that changed and published in a few mins.

All sorted.
  • Posted on 07 April 19 at 22:03
    Also one thing I just want to point out that may make completing the river portion without dying a lot easier for most is that for the below section:

This next bit gets even more tricky. Hold the box you collected at an angle out in front of you (hold it to roughly north east of you). You'll see a platform approach. This is one of those puzzles where you have to drop Otto in the lower tunnel, activate the power box and then collect him before he falls off the other side. Firstly, you'll want to place the box onto the upper platform, where you'll see a button. With the box on the button, jump to the first little platform and drop Otto and ensure he starts sliding down. While Otto slides, jump on top of the box, grab shard #23/26. Activate the power as Otto slides past to open the door for you above. Walk through the door and stand on the little lip and collect Otto as he sides into you, then jump onto your transport crate below.

The next obstacle is exactly the same concept, just a little harder. You'll want to jump to the first platform and before dropping Otto, grab the box that is on the suspended platform in the upper right. Place the box onto the button in front of you. You'll want to release Otto when your transport crate is roughly level with the button. Run up to the door and as soon as you activate the power box, you'll want to run through to the edge of the platform. Drop off the edge when Otto is nearby and collect him (remember you don't need to be right on top of him) then save yourself with you double jump and land on your crate.

You don't need to make these risky double jumps or closely timed jumps. You can actually pick up Otto by pressing cn_LB by standing just above the power box. After Otto slides past the power boxes and they're activated, you can quickly press cn_LB as he's sliding below and you'll pick him up without issue.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.