Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Silent Hill Homecoming and Silent Hill HD Collection Now Backward Compatible

AuthorMessage
ComboChrist
ComboChrist
Posted on 24 July 18 at 18:47
Just a Woody said:
Homecoming is a hidden gem imo...Gameplay is klunky and shooting guns is difficult...story plays alot like a daytime drama and graphics are slightly behind the time period...

...Which makes it perfect for horror survival game....I never died cheaply once and the enviorments / boss fights / and enemy layout and design will always keep you on your toes with subtle hints as to when things are coming...its really just a less graphical / gameplay polished dead space...but the subtle things that make polished games work well are all there...honestly the best one to me besides 4...which ill never have any clue as to why people hate that one so much
Why... are... you... writing... like... this?

Also, HC is ezpz once you figured out that dodging is full i-frames.
dlCHIEF58
dlCHIEF58
Posted on 24 July 18 at 19:14
YODA12320 said:
So looks like silent hill downpour is BC already. As well no longer available digitally only on disc.
I don't know what you are talking about as I just checked and all 3 of these Silent Hill games (HD, Downpour and Homecoming) are all available digitally in the Xbox Marketplace.
Wumbo Woody
Wumbo Woody
Posted on 24 July 18 at 19:45
ComboChrist said:
Just a Woody said:
Homecoming is a hidden gem imo...Gameplay is klunky and shooting guns is difficult...story plays alot like a daytime drama and graphics are slightly behind the time period...

...Which makes it perfect for horror survival game....I never died cheaply once and the enviorments / boss fights / and enemy layout and design will always keep you on your toes with subtle hints as to when things are coming...its really just a less graphical / gameplay polished dead space...but the subtle things that make polished games work well are all there...honestly the best one to me besides 4...which ill never have any clue as to why people hate that one so much

Why do you care how I write...and your putting too much effort into the game man...just pick up the controller and feel the game and story infront of you...why you gotta get so technical....”lets abuse a dodging technique to make the game “ezpz” “...while your focused on mastering some invincibilty dodge to beat the game as fast as possible your ignoring every other bit of the game laid out infront of you to enjoy and have fun with it
HangmanSi
HangmanSi
Posted on 24 July 18 at 19:52
These days I look more forward to the BC announcement than I do the sale announcement
mkdfan1990
mkdfan1990
Posted on 24 July 18 at 19:54
Anyone else having problems buying SHHD? I just get an “uh oh” error.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 24 July 18 at 20:02
Just a Woody said:
ComboChrist said:
Just a Woody said:

Why do you care how I write...and your putting too much effort into the game man...just pick up the controller and feel the game and story infront of you...why you gotta get so technical....”lets abuse a dodging technique to make the game “ezpz” “...while your focused on mastering some invincibilty dodge to beat the game as fast as possible your ignoring every other bit of the game laid out infront of you to enjoy and have fun with it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32p8d6OudgU
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
TillTheMorning
Posted on 24 July 18 at 20:30
mkdfan1990 said:
Anyone else having problems buying SHHD? I just get an “uh oh” error.
I was gonna ask the same. Seems like it doesn't work at the moment.
Monsters? They look like monsters to you?
BigNev44
BigNev44
Posted on 24 July 18 at 21:22
HELL YEAH!!!

I can move these games further back in the backlog but i'm very curious to see how the HD Collection runs on the X1, will find out after i dig out both games this weekend

dlCHIEF58 said:
YODA12320 said:
So looks like silent hill downpour is BC already. As well no longer available digitally only on disc.
I don't know what you are talking about as I just checked and all 3 of these Silent Hill games (HD, Downpour and Homecoming) are all available digitally in the Xbox Marketplace.
I just checked and it looks like Downpour is unavailable, it says not available in your region and i live in NY, USA
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 24 July 18 at 21:34
Homecoming is a pretty mediocre, glitchy game with easy achievements and Silent Hill HD is a subpar port that they never fixed. Eh ... better luck next time?
TitianDan
TitianDan
Posted on 24 July 18 at 21:55
dlCHIEF58 said:
YODA12320 said:
Downpour isn't available digitally in the UK.
D Jones
DeadRose420
DeadRose420
Posted on 24 July 18 at 22:24
Oh nice can't wait!
flamedam2
flamedam2
Posted on 24 July 18 at 22:40
Been meaning to try a Silent Hill game for a while. BC Tuesday comes through again.
Xardas945
Xardas945
Posted on 24 July 18 at 22:45
Great news! Homecoming is better than Shattered Memories and Downpour, but mediocre in comparison to 2 & 3. Classic SH games are still great. Must have for every horror fan, more intense and creepy than modern horror games.
IRISH PATRIOT x
Posted on 24 July 18 at 22:52
Awesome! I can get back to Silent Hill collection now.
Don't bro me if you don't know me.
JakThaRiPP3R84
Posted on 24 July 18 at 23:37
great, I was looking at theese last week, and saw only the awful downpour was availiable. Theese I will get though. what pisses me off though, the best silent hill the first isn't on the hd collection, it's just blasphemy. granted 2 was a psychological horror masterpiece but 3 wasn't.
MattiasAnderson
Posted on 24 July 18 at 23:41
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
I’ve never played a Silent Hill game so I have no nostalgia towards this series. Is it worth playing, has it aged well?
I would say they have aged well!
Magic
Ry Fryy
Ry Fryy
Posted on 25 July 18 at 00:05
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
I’ve never played a Silent Hill game so I have no nostalgia towards this series. Is it worth playing, has it aged well?
Silent Hill 2 is my favorite video game of all time. It's brilliant.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 25 July 18 at 00:18
So happy to see this, I was into Resident Evils more back when these originally released so I missed them. Now I can finally see what some of the fuss was about. clap
All base are belong to us!
Death and Glory
Death and Glory
Posted on 25 July 18 at 00:26
Ry Fryy said:
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
Silent Hill 2 is my favorite video game of all time. It's brilliant.
^^^^^^^
ImJustYourDaddy
Posted on 25 July 18 at 00:37
Dark Death 90 said:
I just want the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.
^
~Ya boy Santino Hartford
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.