Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Silent Hill Homecoming and Silent Hill HD Collection Now Backward Compatible

AuthorMessage
Warboy925
Warboy925
Posted on 25 July 18 at 01:00
mkdfan1990 said:
Awesome! Even though Silent Hill HD is jenk, it’s my only way to play SH2&3 so I’ll have to get it digitally. Only £6-odd in the ultimate sale right now, a great time to get it.
Sweet!!!! Grabbing it this weekend!!!!
Cubivore
Cubivore
Posted on 25 July 18 at 01:30
I cannot believe that Konami apparently wants to remind people of how badly they botched the Silent Hill HD Collection. Silent Hill 2 is one of the greatest games ever made but the version in the HD collection is so bad as to almost appear like intentional sabotage of an entire franchise.

Which, given Konami's actions for the past 7 or 8 years, isn't even out of the question, really. Either way, if you already love Silent Hill or you are thinking about getting into it for the first time, do NOT play the HD Collection. It is absolutely atrocious.
Julz D 01
Julz D 01
Posted on 25 July 18 at 01:48
Yeah hd collection likes to crash repeatedly ^
Predefiance
Predefiance
Posted on 25 July 18 at 01:59
Might make me go back and complete Homecoming, one game (of many) I never finished.
Th3Fr33Ma6ons66
Posted on 25 July 18 at 02:01
I hope one day every 360 title will be backwards compat
thunderkiss92
thunderkiss92
Posted on 25 July 18 at 02:42
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
I’ve never played a Silent Hill game so I have no nostalgia towards this series. Is it worth playing, has it aged well?
If you think you'd enjoy a game similar to the first Resident Evil (with fixed camera angles and everything) or if you're a horror fan in general, then you should definitely check out Silent Hill 2.
Raptures Lost
Raptures Lost
Posted on 25 July 18 at 03:54
Wouldn't have minded these getting full re-releases on Xbox One with new achievements etc.
sanityends
sanityends
Posted on 25 July 18 at 04:14
TheTailsEffect said:
Another game series in need of a remake, ala RE2, more than a remaster - the game was bloody terrifying when it came out and I think it could be again.
The only game that beats this is The Suffering on original Xbox
crash righteous
Posted on 25 July 18 at 04:19
Any ideas why game caps can't be shared?
iZona Peligrosa! http://www.twitch.tv/crashrighteous
YouCantSaveHer
Posted on 25 July 18 at 04:49
JakThaRiPP3R84 said:
great, I was looking at theese last week, and saw only the awful downpour was availiable. Theese I will get though. what pisses me off though, the best silent hill the first isn't on the hd collection, it's just blasphemy. granted 2 was a psychological horror masterpiece but 3 wasn't.
Downpour was actually great... Idk what ur on. It's better than the Evil Within 2.
Obtained the shadows rushed me.
YouCantSaveHer
Posted on 25 July 18 at 04:58
"I was weak. That's why I needed you. Needed someone to punish me for my sins. But That's all over now. I know the truth. Now...it's time to end this."
LilDillyMooples
Posted on 25 July 18 at 05:24
Nice surprise, I finally get a chance to play these games.
Har Miggido
Har Miggido
Posted on 25 July 18 at 05:29
I picked up a physical copy of the hd collection for £1.99 a few weeks back so avoid the sale if you can and have a look for a copy in one of your game stores
YouCantSaveHer
Posted on 25 July 18 at 05:42
Har Miggido said:
I picked up a physical copy of the hd collection for £1.99 a few weeks back so avoid the sale if you can and have a look for a copy in one of your game stores
Hd collection is cheaper digitally...
Its not a common game you can find anymore so its more expensive physical. 29.99 here in US at gamestop
JackTheCreeper
Posted on 25 July 18 at 06:14
The Silent Hill HD Collection was one of the few games I still wanted to become Backwards Compatible. I'm so happy right now!
Smoky Brenneth
Posted on 25 July 18 at 08:32
I just kept telling myself I'd play these once they are backwards compatible. That day has come. And as it will be complete blind runs, can't wait to poop myself.
Lord Von Chimp
Posted on 25 July 18 at 09:20
Shame we'll not see a true Next-Gen Silent Hill game, imagine what could be done with Xbox X and Silent Hill...

I hope I'm wrong really, would love to hear there's something coming, but with the cancellation of Silent Hills, all hope for that feels lost?
Narcissist Code
Narcissist Code
Posted on 25 July 18 at 09:50
For me, it's always like this
Remember why you're here is to inspire
Desi Shinobi
Desi Shinobi
Posted on 25 July 18 at 10:48
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cellar Attic
Cellar Attic
Posted on 25 July 18 at 15:53
Death and Glory said:
Ry Fryy said:
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
I’ve never played a Silent Hill game so I have no nostalgia towards this series. Is it worth playing, has it aged well?
Silent Hill 2 is my favorite video game of all time. It's brilliant.
^^^^^^^
While I wouldn't say it's my absolute favorite, it's definitely in the upper echelons. I remember playing after nightfall with the lights off for maximum effect. Definitely well worth anyone's time, especially at the low pricepoint this week.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.