Lists

Forum for a load of useful lists

Xbox 360 Games: GOTY/Special Editions with DLC on the disc

• Posted on 26 July 18 at 14:47, Edited on 23 October 19 at 16:39 by SPARTAN089 AcePermalink
    Hey all,

I thought I'd put together a list of games that have a GOTY/Special Edition that comes with (all) the DLC on the disc. I really like such editions, and I can't find such a thread anywhere.

Specifically mean DLC that comes with Achievements, or at least DLC that adds more gameplay. Otherwise I'd have to list any and all 'Limited' editions that are released at the same date as the original with like one extra cosmetic item.
    I'll list any DLC that does not include Achievements as 'Bonus'. List games that are ports/remakes (those often include the DLC) with '[= Remake]'.

Your help expanding the list is very welcome! =]

Ace.

Game -- Edition -- DLC's with Achievements -- Bonus DLC

Xbox

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind -- 'Game of the Year Edition' -- Bonus: Tribunal & Bloodmoon

Xbox 360

Assassin's Creed II -- 'Game of the Year Edition' -- Bonus: Battle of Forli & Bonfire of the Vanities.
    Batman: Arkham City -- 'Game of the Year Edition' -- All 4 DLC's
    Bioshock & Bioshock 2 -- 'Ultimate Rapture Edition' -- All DLC's
    Bioshock Infinite -- 'The Complete Edition' -- All 3 DLC's
    Borderlands -- 'Game of the Year Edition' -- All 4 DLC's
    Borderlands & Borderlands 2 & Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel -- 'Triple Pack' [= Collection] -- All DLC -- Bonus - BL2: Extra Characters (Krieg, Gaige), Creature Slaughter Dome, UVHUP, UVHUP2, Headhunter Packs, 3 Costume Packs -- Bonus - BL:TPS: Extra Characters (Jack, Aurelia), Shock Drop Slaughter Pit
    Borderlands 2 -- 'Game of the Year Edition' -- All 4 DLC's -- Bonus: The Creature Slaughter Dome, 2 extra characters, and the 'UVHUP'
    Burnout Paradise -- 'The Ultimate Box' -- Party Pack DLC -- Bonus: Some new vehicles
    Dark Souls -- 'Prepare To Die Edition' -- Bonus: Artorias of the Abyss (Extra Areas)
    Dark Souls II -- 'Scholar of the First Sin' -- Bonus: Three DLC Campaigns
    Dead Island -- 'Game of the Year Edition' -- Bloodbath Arena DLC -- Bonus: Ryder White DLC & A Weapon Blueprint for “The Ripper”
    Dead Island & Dead Island: Riptide -- 'Double Pack' -- All DLC
    Diablo III -- 'Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition' -- Bonus: Reaper of Souls Expansion
    Dirt 3 -- 'Complete Edition' -- All 3 DLC's
    Dishonored -- 'Game of the Year Edition' -- All 3 DLC's -- Bonus: 'Void Walker's Arsenal'
    Doom 3 -- 'BFG Edition' -- Bonus: Includes Doom, Doom II, and expansions for all three games.
    Dragon Age: Origins -- 'Ultimate Edition' -- All 8 DLC's -- Bonus: Some ingame items(?)
    Dragon's Dogma -- 'Dark Arisen' -- Bonus: Cosmetics, Weapons, Armor, Lots of Quest Packs
    Fable 2 -- 'Game of the Year Edition' -- All 2 DLC's
    Fallout 3 -- 'Game of the Year Edition' -- All 5 DLC's
    Fallout: New Vegas -- 'Ultimate Edition' -- All 5 DLC's
    Forza Motorsport 2 -- 'Platinum Hits Edition' -- Bonus: All DLC (Extra Cars & Tracks)
    Forza Motorsport 3 -- 'Ultimate Collection' -- Bonus: All DLC (Extra Cars & Tracks)
    Grand Theft Auto IV -- 'The Complete Edition' -- All 2 DLC's
    Halo 3: ODST -- Standard game -- All 4 DLC's for Halo 3 (Note: All Halo 3 DLC is free to download, since 07-2017)
    Injustice: Gods Among Us -- 'Ultimate Edition' -- Bonus: All DLC
    L.A. Noire -- 'The Complete Edition' -- All 4 DLC's -- Bonus: Two extra costumes, two extra guns
    Left 4 Dead -- 'Game of the Year Edition' -- Bonus: 'Survival Pack' (Note: The survival pack is free to download)
    Mafia II -- 'Platinum Hits Edition' -- All DLC
    Mass Effect -- 'Platinum Hits Edition' -- 'Bringing Down The Sky' DLC
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance -- 'Gold Edition' -- All 2 DLC's
    Metal Gear Solid HD Collection -- [= Remake] -- Bonus: MGS3 DLC Uniforms available as Unlockables.
    Midnight Club: Los Angeles -- 'Complete Edition' -- All DLC
    Mortal Kombat -- 'Komplete Edition' -- Bonus: All DLC
    Naughty Bear -- 'Gold Edition' -- All 3 DLC's -- Bonus: New Weapons & Multiplayer Modes
    Red Dead Redemption -- 'Game of the Year Edition' -- All 4 DLC's -- Bonus: 'Myths and Mavericks'
    Saints Row: The Third -- 'The Full Package' -- All 3 DLC's -- Bonus: 14 DLC packs containing costumes, vehicles & more
    Saints Row IV -- 'National Treasure Edition' -- All DLC
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed -- 'Ultimate Sith Edition' -- All 2 DLC's -- Bonus: Cosmetics & More
    Street Fighter IV -- 'Arcade Edition' -- Bonus: Additional characters
    Tales From The Borderlands -- [= Physical Release of Telltale Arcade Game]-- All 5 Episodes
    The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion -- '5th Anniversary Edition' -- Shivering Isles DLC -- Bonus: 'Knights of the Nine'
    The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim -- 'Legendary Edition' -- All 3 DLC's
    The Walking Dead -- [= Physical Release of Telltale Arcade Game] -- All 5 Episodes
    The Walking Dead -- 'Game of the Year Edition' -- 400 Days DLC
    The Walking Dead: Season 2 -- [= Physical Release of Telltale Arcade Game] -- All 5 Episodes
    The Wolf Among Us -- [= Physical Release of Telltale Arcade Game]-- All 5 Episodes
    TOM Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -- 'Legacy Edition' -- Co-Op Collection 1, Co-Op Collection 2 -- Bonus: Additional Weapons, Maps, Gametypes
    Tropico 4 -- 'Gold Edition' -- 'Modern Times' DLC
    Two Worlds II -- 'Game of the Year Edition' -- All DLC

Edit: Moved Xbox 360 section to the first post, because the size of the second post seemed to be causing issues.
  • Posted on 26 July 18 at 23:34, Edited on 03 November 19 at 16:19 by SPARTAN089 AcePermalink
    Game -- Edition -- DLC's with Achievements -- Bonus DLC

Xbox One

Assassin's Creed The Ezio Collection -- [= Remake] -- All DLC for Assassins Creed II, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood & Assassin's Creed: Revelations
    Batman: Arkham Asylum & Batman: Arkham City & Batman: Arkham Knight -- [= Collection] -- All DLC -- Bonus: Earth to Dark Knight Skin
    Bioshock & Bioshock 2 & Bioshock: Infinite -- [= Collection] -- All DLC
    Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition -- [= Remake] -- All DLC
    Borderlands 2 & Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel -- 'The Handsome Collection' [= Collection] -- All DLC
    Burnout Paradise Remastered -- [= Remake] -- All DLC
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered -- [= Remake] -- Bonus: Includes all DLC Maps
    Dark Souls II -- 'Scholar of the First Sin' -- Bonus: Three DLC Campaigns
    Dark Souls III -- 'The Fire Fades Edition' -- Bonus: Ashes of Ariandel, The Ringed City
    Darksiders Warmastered Edition -- [= Remake] -- Bonus: All DLC
    Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition -- [= Remake] -- Bonus: All DLC
    Destiny -- 'The Collection'-- All 4 DLC's
    Devil May Cry HD Collection -- [= Collection] -- Includes Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 2, Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening and All DLC
    Diablo III -- 'Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition' -- Bonus: Reaper of Souls Expansion
    DmC: Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition -- [= Remake] -- Vergil's Downfall -- Bonus: All Costumes, New Gameplay Features
    Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen -- [= Remake] -- Bonus: Cosmetics, Weapons, Armor, Lots of Quest Packs
    Dying Light -- 'Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition[/url] -- All 3 DLC's -- Bonus: All Bonus DLC except for three bundles.
    Injustice 2 -- 'Legendary Edition' -- All 11 DLC's -- Bonus: Expanded Tutorial, New Gear, Increased Level Cap
    L.A. Noire -- [= Remake] -- All 4 DLC's -- Bonus: Two extra costumes, two extra guns
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes & LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 & LEGO Marvel's Avengers -- 'LEGO Marvel Collection' [= Collection] -- Contains all three games, all Season Pass DLC for LEGO Super Heroes 2, and all Season Pass DLC for LEGO Marvel's Avengers.
    Life is Strange -- 'Limited Edition' [= Physical Release of Telltale Arcade Game] -- All 5 Episodes
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes & Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain -- 'The Definitive Experience' -- Bonus: Extra Ops Missions for Ground Zeroes, All DLC for The Phantom Pain
    Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Game of the Year Edition -- [= Remake] -- Lord of the Hunt, The Bright Lord
    Middle-earth: Shadow of War -- 'Definitive Edition' -- The Blade of Galadriel, The Desolation of Mordor
    Mortal Kombat X -- 'Mortal Kombat XL' -- Kombat Pack 2 -- Bonus: All DLC Characters & Skins (With the exception of two costumes, for Cassie Cage and Jackie Briggs)
    Overwatch -- 'Game of the Year Edition' -- New Maps & Characters (Note: Those are also available as free Title Updates)
    Resident Evil 5 -- [= Remake] -- All DLC
    Resident Evil 6 -- [= Remake] -- All DLC
    Resident Evil 7: Biohazard -- 'Gold Edition' -- Banned Footage Vol. 1, Banned Footage Vol. 2, End of Zoe
    Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition -- [= Remake] -- All DLC
    State of Decay -- Year One Survival Edition [= Remake] -- Breakdown & Lifeline
    Tales From The Borderlands -- [= Physical Release of Telltale Arcade Game]-- All 5 Episodes
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition -- [= Remake] -- All DLC
    The Walking Dead -- [= Physical Release of Telltale Arcade Game] -- All 5 Episodes, 400 Days DLC
    The Walking Dead: Season 2 -- [= Physical Release of Telltale Arcade Game] -- All 5 Episodes -- All 5 Episodes
    The Walking Dead Collection - The Telltale Series -- [= Physical Release of Telltale Arcade Games] -- Contains Season 1, 400 Days DLC, Season 2, The New Frontier, Michonne
    The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series -- [= Physical Release of Telltale Arcade Games] -- Contains Season 1, 400 Days DLC, Season 2, The New Frontier, Michonne, The Final Season
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition -- Title Update, Hearts of Stone, Blood & Wine -- Bonus: All Weapons, Armor, Side Quests, Game Modes, GWENT Cards (Note: Not compatible with Save Games from the Vanilla version)
    The Wolf Among Us -- [= Physical Release of Telltale Arcade Game] -- All 5 Episodes
    Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition -- [= Remake] -- All DLC
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 -- [= Remake] -- All DLC (Note: Including Jill Valentine & Shuma Gorath)
    Watch Dogs -- 'Complete Edition' -- Bad Blood -- Bonus: Conspiracy!, Access Granted Pack
    XCOM 2 -- 'Collection' -- Alien Hunters, Shen's Last Gift, War of the Chosen -- Bonus: Resistance Warrior Pack & Anarchy's Children
  • LGS I HitmanLGS I Hitman972,807
  • Posted on 26 July 18 at 18:21, Edited on 26 July 18 at 23:38 by SPARTAN089 AcePermalink
    Why would I not find that with a search for 'DLC on disk'? facepalm

I must've done something weird, perhaps I searched in Xbox 360 gaming subforum, then moved to here to start the thread. I do dislike the lack of formatting in that thread. And it seems to include other platforms as well? I'd like to make a thread specifically for Xbox 360 and Xbox One (or for now at least). So I guess I'll finish this list anyway and keep updating it, if people are interested? Unless there already is a well-formatted thread specifically for Xbox 360 & Xbox One games...?
  • LGS I HitmanLGS I Hitman972,807
    Posted on 26 July 18 at 19:22Permalink
    Yeah that thread isn't organized into one post might be better taking info from it and putting into a new list
    Mpphhh mphh mph mphhhh mphhh mhh! - Red Pyro
  • Posted on 27 July 18 at 00:23Permalink
    I made a start, I'll leave it at that for now. Interested to find out;

1. If people are interested in this
    2. What could be done better in formatting/links, etc...

Let me know! =]
  • EchtzeitEchtzeit421,233
    Posted on 30 November 18 at 00:00Permalink
    Please keep this list going. This is very important information!
  • havocofsmeghavocofsmeg126,754
    Posted on 21 January 19 at 15:06Permalink
    Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition can be added, too
    Valar Morghulis
  • Posted on 18 August 19 at 15:45Permalink
    Did a large update. Think this is probably all or nearly all titles for the Xbox 360. Xbox One is bound to have a bunch more remakes and such.
    Posted on 13 October 19 at 13:12, Edited on 13 October 19 at 13:12 by EchtzeitPermalink
    Question: do you want to also document games that allow download of the DLCs, where the disc is needed for the verification?

Here are some games that are not on the list, I leave it to you if you want to add them or not.

- All the Telltale games allow download of the full season

- Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition (everything on disc)
    - Kingdom Come Deliverance Royal Edition (DLCs have to be downloaded)
    - Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Edition (everything on disc)
    - Resident Evil 7 Gold Edition (three DLCs on disc, on must be downloaded, but it'S free)
    - State of Decay Year-One Survival Edition (main DLCs on disc + code for extra weapons)
    - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition (everything on disc)
    - XCOM 2 Collection (everything on disc)
  • Posted on 13 October 19 at 18:47, Edited on 14 October 19 at 09:29 by SPARTAN089 AcePermalink
    Hey Echtzeit,

Many thanks for the additions! I assume those are all Xbox One games? I will look into adding them shortly. =]

The spirit of the list is, the DLC is actually on the disc. It should be able to work without Xbox Live at all. Of course, this is a bit of a weird rule in the case of games like Halo 3: ODST. ;)
    If more people would like to have a list of games with Disc-Verified Free DLC's, please speak up! I could always spend a bit of time listing it, even if it doesn't interest me much. Or someone else could write it, and I add it to the first/second post of the thread. ;)

Edit: Done! =]
  • KodingKoding883,908
  • Posted on 14 October 19 at 08:35Permalink
    Thanks Koding, yes that definitely fits, remakes/collections with all DLC included on the disc are <3.
  • MushaConvoyMushaConvoy649,166
    Posted on 14 October 19 at 12:25, Edited on 14 October 19 at 12:30 by MushaConvoyPermalink
    Not sure if its worth a mention, but Borderlands [360] when played via Backwards Compatibility includes all 4 DLC items, including the Japanese version.

Theres also the Borderlands (Remake) on Xbox One too :)

While I'm on the Borderlands train, there was a "Complete Collection" that included Borderlands 1, Borderlands 2 and Borderlands TPS with all DLC content for all 3 games in a 5 disc pack.

There are also a handful of Telltale games that include all DLC on disc (like Borderlands! Sense a theme here..), more details on those games here:

Ultimate Telltale Delisting Guide- What Works, Delistings, Workarounds, Download Links
    Peace Through Tyranny
  • Posted on 14 October 19 at 13:13, Edited on 14 October 19 at 13:14 by SPARTAN089 AcePermalink
    That's definitely interesting for some people. You can pick up a regular copy of Borderlands for Xbox 360 (cheaper than the Game of the Year version) and still play all the wonderful DLC. But it's not for this list, you'll need Xbox Live to download that DLC (I assume bundled in a 'BC Patch' kind of thing).

I forgot about the original Borderlands remake for a second there. Since you're a fan, would you know if you can import saves there like you can to B2 & B:TPS in The Handsome Collection? I did really like Borderlands original, but I would hestitate to revisit my characters unless I can use upgraded graphics.

Will add that and the Complete Collection! Not sure about the Telltale Games yet. They seem a little different, it's more like "this previously digital-only game is now available hardcopy as well", right?
    Posted on 14 October 19 at 13:56Permalink
    Back Compat: You're right, not really for this list. The way BC works is the disc acts as a "key", even though you have the game on the disc, the entire game is still downloaded from XBL, just in Borderlands' case, the download you get includes all DLC included, even if your disc is just the base game. Suspect this was done as it was one of the first BC games that had physical discs containing DLC items...

Borderlands: If you fire up the original 360 game, you'll need to download a patch. This patch lets you upload one character at a time to "cloud". If you then fire up the XB1 remake, you can then download this "cloud" character. This is a separate service to having cloud saves. You still need to run through the entire process even if takes place on the XB1 (via BC). Needs Xbox Live to work. Its exactly the same as Borderlands 2 and TPS, its a bit annoying if you have a lot of characters to transfer, but better than nothing for sure.

Telltale: Yup, its a "previously digital-only now hardcopy", but only SOME titles work like this (ie, Borderlands, Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead Season 1 and 2). Was thinking these could make your list as you can play the full game offline from the disc. There are others (Batman, Game of Thrones, Minecraft) that the hard copy is a "season pass disc", including only the first episode, then acts as a "key" to let you download the rest.

Also, just dug the pack out of storage, its called the "Borderlands Triple Pack", its a 5 disc set.
    https://www.bing.com/th?id=OIP.SZhSxF_5q2h6UItXgFLOlwHaKg&am...
    Peace Through Tyranny
    Posted on 16 October 19 at 05:52Permalink
    SPARTAN089 Ace said:
    Hey Echtzeit,

Many thanks for the additions! I assume those are all Xbox One games? I will look into adding them shortly. =]
    Yes, these are all Xbox One titles.
  • Posted on 20 October 19 at 12:52, Edited on 20 October 19 at 13:00 by SPARTAN089 AcePermalink
    Hey MushaConvoy, that's good to know! =] I'm 99% sure I'll play the Borderlands remake again and re-do the Achievements list on the Xbox One. It'll be nice to revisit my old Maximum Level Roland as well. :)

Do you know exactly what DLC's are included in the Triple Pack? Information on it online is scarce, I've checked Forums, Wiki, Borderlands Fandom, ... I'm not 100% sure The Pre-Sequel DLC is all there (on disc), and then extra Borderlands 2 DLC (not the big packs with Achievements), is any or all of that on there? [= Creature Slaughter Dome, Krieg & Gaige, Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack, Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2]

I'll add the Telltale games that are full games. ;)

Edit: Considering it says "All of the Add-On Content from all 3 Games", it probably has The Pre-Sequel DLC, still wondering about the additional BL2 stuff though!
    Posted on 21 October 19 at 08:04Permalink
    To be completely honest (and I hope you're reading this 2K!), I already owned Borderlands, Borderlands 2 and The Pre-Sequel and bought the Triple Pack (preowned!) purely because I wasn't willing to pay full price for the never-discounted Season Pass for TPS. Its still AU$40, thats 10 times more than what the base game cost me.

Also, I was completely wrong. Its not a 5-disc set, its a 6-disc set. How they fit all 6 discs into a standard size game case is beyond me, even though I'm staring right at it.

I gave my 360 console disc tray a work-out and checked out exactly what each disc has for you :) There are 3 "gameplay" discs which appear to be identical to the original game, then there are 3 "addon" discs which allow you to selectively install the following addons. Once installed, everything works offline, there are no additional packs required to download.

Borderlands Addon Disc
    Zombie Island
    Claptrap's New Robot Revolution
    Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot
    Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep (Borderlands 2)
    The Secret Armory of General Knoxx

Borderlands 2 Addon Disc
    Costume Pack 3
    Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack
    Costume Pack 2
    Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty
    Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt
    Headhunter 1: T.K. Baha's Bloody Harvest
    Creature Slaughterdome
    Costume Pack
    Psycho Pack
    Headhunter Content Pack
    Mechromancer
    Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2
    Additional Headhunter Pack Content
    Borderlands 2 Compatibility Pack
    Premiere Club
    Collector's Edition

Borderlands The Pre-Sequel Addon Disc
    Claptastic Voyage (Part 2 of 2)
    Handsome Jack Doppelganger Pack
    Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Compatibility Pack
    The Holodome Onslaught
    Mr Torgue's Campaign of Carnage (Borderlands 2)
    Shock Drop Slaughter Pit
    Lady Hammerlock Pack
    Claptastic Voyage (Part 1 of 2)

For the sake of keeping this list as accurate as possible, I threw the discs into my wife's XB1 (as there are no accounts on that one that have any digital copies of Borderlands associated), had the following results:

Borderlands Gameplay - Begins installation of the Borderlands game, as with any other Borderlands disc, its just one 8.5Gb item including all DLC.
    Borderlands Addon - This disc is not backwards compatible.
    Borderlands 2 Gameplay - Begins installation of the Borderlands 2 game, 14.5Gb.
    Borderlands 2 Addon - Begins installation of EVERYTHING Borderlands 2, total of 46 content items plus the base game, around 19Gb in total, including content items found on other discs. This disc is basically what you want to play everything from Borderlands 2 on the XB1.
    Borderlands Pre-Sequel Gameplay - This disc is not backwards compatible.
    Borderlands Pre-Sequel Addon - This disc is not backwards compatible.
    Peace Through Tyranny
  • Posted on 21 October 19 at 09:02, Edited on 21 October 19 at 14:20 by SPARTAN089 AcePermalink
    Oh, awesome job to figure all that out and post it. I hope people will find this whenever they are looking for the exact contents of that collection(!)... If it's hard to find, perhaps you could copy-paste that to the Borderlands Subforums as well. Seeing how hard it is to find accurate information on this collection.

I wonder too how they fit 6 discs in! For Lost Odyssey, they used a Triple Disc box, they fourth is in a paper cover floating around in the box... :p

Added the Telltale Games you mentioned. Man the Walking Dead Series is a nightmare to figure out. So many different releases, some with different editions. According to TA the following 5 were also released physically. I'll assume since you mentioned only Season 1 and Season 2, none of these are fully download-free. I could've never figured that out on my own.

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier Achievements
    The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct Achievements
    The Walking Dead: The Final Season Achievements
    The Walking Dead Collection - The Telltale Series Achievements
    The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series Achievements
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.