Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Best Xbox Strategy Games Available in 2018

• Posted on 27 July 18 at 12:43
    Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock!
  • Posted on 27 July 18 at 12:56
    Bloons TD5 is on Xbox One?!

How long has that been the case?!

Playing Bloons TD6 on my phone at the moment lol
    www.twitter.com/Mike_Langlois
  • Posted on 27 July 18 at 12:58
    Mike Langlois said:
    Bloons TD5 is on Xbox One?!

How long has that been the case?!

Playing Bloons TD6 on my phone at the moment lol
    Came out March 2017. It's $15 and hasn't been on sale ever laugh
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 July 18 at 13:32
    Elite1111111111 said:
    For Aven Colony, I can't really say as I hadn't heard of it until now. As for Escapists, I'd say it's a bit more involved than a simple puzzle game.
    I'd definitely agree that it's not a simple puzzle game, i'd say that the last couple prisons are just under mid tier in terms of problem solving. We're not out maneuvering a reactionary AI so much as we're taking advantage of patterns (guard routines, prisoner pathing through metal detectors etc) which is exactly how puzzles are solved.
    I'm always willing to help other players boost achievements even if I already have them. Just ask!
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm422,109
    Posted on 27 July 18 at 14:15, Edited on 27 July 18 at 14:15 by Allgorhythm
    As several people have already commented, XCOM Series is conspicuously absent from the list. The original X-COM: UFO Defense is one of the games that pioneered the video game strategy genre. XCOM 2 is a recent addition with DLC released late last year.

XCOM 2 is not only one of the best strategy games on the X1 but is also one of the best games period--as evidenced by its selection as TA's 2016 GOTY. Of the games on the list, only Halo Wars 2, TA's 2017 GOTY, has credentials that can compete with an XCOM game (IMHO).
  • Posted on 27 July 18 at 14:23, Edited on 27 July 18 at 14:25 by Elite1111111111
    Allgorhythm said:
    ...XCOM...
    Maybe the author was angry over too many 95% misses? laugh
  • Posted on 27 July 18 at 16:56
    jasonlc3221 said:
    Agreed about Aven Colony. The ONE partly discontinued achievement is still obtainable if you get your hands on a physical copy of the game, which is what I did, as I just recently popped that achievement. Just read the top solution, as it definitely works.
    which one is this, i wasnt aware of a partial achivemnt
    budah
  • Posted on 27 July 18 at 17:23
    morphable freak said:
    jasonlc3221 said:
    Agreed about Aven Colony. The ONE partly discontinued achievement is still obtainable if you get your hands on a physical copy of the game, which is what I did, as I just recently popped that achievement. Just read the top solution, as it definitely works.
    which one is this, i wasnt aware of a partial achivemnt
    Apparently an update messed up
    Aven ColonyDark and Stormy NightThe Dark and Stormy Night achievement in Aven Colony worth 56 pointsProtect the colony from 100 lightning strikes
    So it's only possible to get with a physical copy of the game.
  • SE6A K1N6SE6A K1N6739,500
    Posted on 27 July 18 at 18:59, Edited on 27 July 18 at 19:02 by SE6A K1N6
    Hieronimus said:
    No XCOM ? shock
    I am surprised XCOM isn't on there. It is one of the best game series ever IMO (tied for 2nd with Wasteland 2).
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,363,561
    Posted on 28 July 18 at 10:12
    I've had a few versions of The Escapists for a while now, maybe I'll give the 360 version a try soon.
  • mosin360mosin360709,654
    Posted on 28 July 18 at 12:57
    I recently did Halo Wars DE on the PC and thought it was quick and easy. Will have to do the same for Halo Wars 2.
    Videos I made of Xbox games on Windows 8.1 - https://www.youtube.com/user/mosindesire
  • Posted on 28 July 18 at 14:34
    No mention of the Defence Grid games?
  • DX HeliosDX Helios37,553
    Posted on 30 July 18 at 09:39
    Banner Saga screenshot is from PlayStation?
  • Warder0Warder0432,530
    Posted on 31 July 18 at 08:37
    Surprised XCOM isn't on this list, especially as the sub-par Halo Wars 2 made it.
  • Posted on 10 September 18 at 02:21
    Awesome, now I have some games to look at.

BAD T0AST said:
    Bloons TD is absolute trash and doesn't deserve to be on this list.

After playing the game for a couple of hours, unlocking the money buff, and finding a build that works you'll be doing the exact same build for every single stage. The pattern of enemies is ALWAYS the same. There's 0 strategy.

You have to beat each level 4 times because difficulties don't stack. Be prepared to spend hours grinding all the achievements doing the exact same build every single time. It's the very definition of insanity (and extreme boredom). There's 0 fun too.
    Merriam-Webster
    1 dated : a severely disordered state of the mind usually occurring as a specific disorder
    2 law : unsoundness of mind or lack of the ability to understand that prevents one from having the mental capacity required by law to enter into a particular relationship, status, or transaction or that releases one from criminal or civil responsibility

Or do you mean?

doing something over and over expecting different results
    -Albert Einstein
  • I Sanral II Sanral I414,930
    Posted on 07 November 18 at 19:28
    I am having trouble taking this list seriously as XCOM2 (and the brilliant expansion War of the Chosen) is not on it.
  • Posted on 07 November 18 at 20:02
    Elite1111111111 said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    ...XCOM...
    Maybe the author was angry over too many 95% misses? laugh
    laugh laugh

The 98% misses are enough to make you rage, but the no other alternative 12% chance criticals will make you scream in jubilation.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.