Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Games Delisted From Digital Stores

• Posted on 27 July 18 at 20:48Permalink
    Glad I finished these back in February. They were fun games on the 360 but have not aged well at all when playing them on the One. Especially the first game.
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,450,669
    Posted on 27 July 18 at 20:57Permalink
    I bought the bundle at release, but haven’t started it yet. Completed both on 360 though.

These delisting don’t effect achievements right? Been so long since I played.
  • Posted on 27 July 18 at 21:06Permalink
    Lavindathar said:
    I bought the bundle at release, but haven’t started it yet. Completed both on 360 though.

These delisting don’t effect achievements right? Been so long since I played.
    Delisting just means you can't purchase it anymore.
  • superniceguysuperniceguy274,456
    Posted on 27 July 18 at 21:24Permalink
    The Xbox ONE and PS4 versions may be back considering they are digital only, were only made available 2 years ago, so why put effort making them to only be around for a short time on current active consoles?

I bought the bundle on Xbox ONE when on sale first time around, but also want it on PS4. I have looked on ebay and Amazon for physical PS4 versions but can not see one, if there are any about it will probably be millions!!

I will be contacting Activision on this and be requesting the PS4 and Xbox ONE versions be brought back and / or be released on on disc, on a regular basis, like Shawshank Redemption where he kept sending in letters and eventually they caved. Even if these games do not come back, it may put them off delisting other games in the future.

Other games delistings were not too devasting as were around longer or could get on disc.
  • Posted on 27 July 18 at 22:08Permalink
    I've been wanting to play these games for about a decade now, but I couldn't get a hold of them for different reasons. The most recently ones are because 1) I've seen a lot of complaints about the games having unfixed bugs preventing the products to be experienced in their totality, 2) because the price was never low enough in my region and I didn't want to pay a "Call of Duty price" for a semi-broken product.

The last sales made me hope that their price would keep going down and if it did a bit more I'd be willing to buy them, even if mildly broken. I guess it'll never happen now or at least for a uncertain while.
    To do or not to do. THAT is the question.
  • TwistedTBTwistedTB570,014
    Posted on 27 July 18 at 22:25Permalink
    These games and their DLC have been listed and delisted so many times over the last 10 years that I will hold out hope that they come back. I have completed the 360 versions and still own my physical copies, but was looking forward to playing them again on the One. Hopefully they come back at some point, maybe if the Disney/21st Century Fox merger goes through or something.
    Warmest regards, TwistedTB.
  • StarlinXStarlinX164,246
    Posted on 27 July 18 at 22:31Permalink
    Smallville2106 said:
    Surely anybody that wanted these has picked them up in a recent sale. They have been silly cheap.
    Exactly my opinion. i was just about to post how I was glad I bought the two pack with both games for Xbox One at the price of $15. The sales on these have been very reasonable. When they first came out at $30 apiece? No thank you, but there have been so many sales. It was an easy buy at $15.
  • BRAN IS HEREBRAN IS HERE303,926
    Posted on 27 July 18 at 22:42Permalink
    Ive for a code for the ultimate alliance bundle on Xbox one .
    £60 via PayPal
    HMU

laugh
    D
  • Posted on 27 July 18 at 23:05Permalink
    I'm curious how many Xbox One titles have been delisted or servers pulled down in the years since the console has been out, compared to the Xbox 360 in the same time frame. It feels like the one has had far more than the 360 did in it's for first couple of years.
  • FOKENWOLFENFOKENWOLFEN285,700
    Posted on 27 July 18 at 23:10Permalink
    DAMN! I missed them on the sale!
  • ClownTasticClownTastic735,308
    Posted on 27 July 18 at 23:25Permalink
    superniceguy said:
    The Xbox ONE and PS4 versions may be back considering they are digital only, were only made available 2 years ago, so why put effort making them to only be around for a short time on current active consoles?

I bought the bundle on Xbox ONE when on sale first time around, but also want it on PS4. I have looked on ebay and Amazon for physical PS4 versions but can not see one, if there are any about it will probably be millions!!

I will be contacting Activision on this and be requesting the PS4 and Xbox ONE versions be brought back and / or be released on on disc, on a regular basis, like Shawshank Redemption where he kept sending in letters and eventually they caved. Even if these games do not come back, it may put them off delisting other games in the future.

Other games delistings were not too devasting as were around longer or could get on disc.
    That was a movie bud, this is real life. Activision will not care one bit.
  • Posted on 27 July 18 at 23:32, Edited on 27 July 18 at 23:32 by Gus LivinlautPermalink
    Good thing I grabbed these during the sale.
  • Posted on 27 July 18 at 23:51Permalink
    ClownTastic said:
    superniceguy said:

Hey, he's living up to his name, though! laugh
  • Jackimo1999Jackimo1999112,970
    Posted on 28 July 18 at 02:14Permalink
    I thought about grabbing the bundle is a recent sale but I thought that $25 for two games, aged 12 and 9, is a bit ridiculous. Had I known this was going to happen, I would have bought it. Congrats, Avtivision. You scammed yourself out of profit
  • Posted on 28 July 18 at 04:06Permalink
    Wow, am I glad I picked these up last week on sale! But why isn't there some sort of announcement made in regards to delisting them before hand? Give people an opportunity to get them before it's to late?!
    This is so frustrating. And a big reason why many stick with physical media as opposed to digital. I understand that there are limits to licensed games, but come on.
    Thanks TA for a respectable heads up!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 28 July 18 at 04:09Permalink
    HAHA! Once again my 360 Gold Edition will appreciate in value!

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,064,937
    Posted on 28 July 18 at 04:30Permalink
    Skinny Kim Jung said:
    I'm surprised a game like this exists given the complexity of the Marvel characters and different studios owning the licenses to different characters, etc.
    FWIW, movie rights != game rights. Guessing Marvel holds all of the game rights to all of its characters.
  • BegFourMercyBegFourMercy834,806
    Posted on 28 July 18 at 04:31, Edited on 28 July 18 at 04:31 by BegFourMercyPermalink
    It just tells you how Activision is dumb. Not telling anyone they are delisting made them lose sales. I bet many would have bought it knowing they had 7 days to buy it. But then again, look what they did to Destiny.
  • J2B9J2B9624,295
    Posted on 28 July 18 at 06:00Permalink
    Mr Peanutbubber said:
    ClownTastic said:
    superniceguy said:

Hey, he's living up to his name, though! laugh
    Even in the movie it took 6 years for them to respond back with a small check to build a library with a few books. And then another 4 years for them to finally offer a yearly check.

So good luck writing Activision regularly for 9 years for them to still not care because that’s not how things work.
  • Posted on 28 July 18 at 07:12Permalink
    Well that sucks, if I had known they were going to be delisted i would have picked them up in the sale angry
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.