Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Games Delisted From Digital Stores

• Posted on 28 July 18 at 10:30Permalink
    Like many others here, I luckily picked them up during the sale. Even more lucky that I bought them with only 40 mins left. Could possibly have been the last person in Europe to pick them up before they were delisted headspin
    Hero
  • Posted on 28 July 18 at 11:04Permalink
    Ah crap oh well guess seeing how its physical for 360 i can deal with it.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 28 July 18 at 11:36Permalink
    BloodGodAlucard said:
    tpb fan said:
    this the down side of digital. but all the digital future fan boys will ignore it laugh
    This has nothing to do with digital games. And you might as well get ready. Everything will be digital only in the very near future. It's inevitable. But that's a discussion for another time.

This has to do with money grubbing publishers being too cheap to renew their licenses and not having the common sense / decency to let the public know of said penny pinching ways until it's too late.
    Hardly near future.... We got physical for awhile bud. Its not dying out anytime soon. So many people prefer. Especially collectors like myself with over 1100 physical copies.
    Obtained the shadows rushed me.
  • Posted on 28 July 18 at 12:13Permalink
    If Activision didn’t have such a pattern of thi with a multitude of IPs, I would guess they may have been forbidden to advertise the delisting. I’ve worked with at least one company where this was the case. As the IP was moving to a different publisher, they were also forbidden from holding a sale so as not to devalue it for the next guy.

However I would also guess that republishing these games is a no go, especially since Sony now holds Spider Man exclusivity as part of their revamped movie deal.

One thing hinestly shocked about is that they didn’t republish thr Wolverine game,that wa actually really good
  • Posted on 28 July 18 at 12:17Permalink
    UnarmedGorilla said:
    But these games were just part of MS' big sale... Wtf?
    Wow eh l wonder why they were on big discount then for the past few weeks?

roll
  • ClownTasticClownTastic733,682
    Posted on 28 July 18 at 13:58Permalink
    SwordofWhedon said:
    If Activision didn’t have such a pattern of thi with a multitude of IPs, I would guess they may have been forbidden to advertise the delisting. I’ve worked with at least one company where this was the case. As the IP was moving to a different publisher, they were also forbidden from holding a sale so as not to devalue it for the next guy.

However I would also guess that republishing these games is a no go, especially since Sony now holds Spider Man exclusivity as part of their revamped movie deal.

One thing hinestly shocked about is that they didn’t republish thr Wolverine game,that wa actually really good
    Sony don't hold Spiderman exclusivity through their movie deal. They were given exclusivity for ONE game only and the developer Insomniac Games was allowed to pick literally ANY hero that they would like to create a game for, they chose Spider-Man.
  • superniceguysuperniceguy272,662
    Posted on 28 July 18 at 14:23Permalink
    ClownTastic said:
    superniceguy said:
    The Xbox ONE and PS4 versions may be back considering they are digital only, were only made available 2 years ago, so why put effort making them to only be around for a short time on current active consoles?

I bought the bundle on Xbox ONE when on sale first time around, but also want it on PS4. I have looked on ebay and Amazon for physical PS4 versions but can not see one, if there are any about it will probably be millions!!

I will be contacting Activision on this and be requesting the PS4 and Xbox ONE versions be brought back and / or be released on on disc, on a regular basis, like Shawshank Redemption where he kept sending in letters and eventually they caved. Even if these games do not come back, it may put them off delisting other games in the future.

Other games delistings were not too devasting as were around longer or could get on disc.
    That was a movie bud, this is real life. Activision will not care one bit.
    It all depends on the tenacity of people, a real life example is Shenmue 3. If Yu Suzuki was not kept constantly asked about Shenmue 3 it would not be happening.
  • Tatl360Tatl360228,813
    Posted on 28 July 18 at 14:25Permalink
    SwordofWhedon said:
    In my opinion this is the reflection of some outdated marketing practices/beliefs/whatever.
    We are hostages to this kind of thing, sadly.

If the digital future is unavoidable, they will need to change here and there with their thinking too. The consumer should push harder and just not accept whatever comes because some of them are just like that, tradition. Of course they will say they are the marketing professionals and know better, but who can ultimately say what is right and wrong? Sticking with what currently works is a tradition itself. headspin
  • I KICKER II KICKER I1,346,674
    Posted on 28 July 18 at 15:27Permalink
    the multiplayer on the second one is broken for me and many others...doubt they'll ever fix it now facepalm
    im glad to help people in online achievement as long they help me too XD
  • StarlinXStarlinX164,214
    Posted on 28 July 18 at 20:29Permalink
    BloodGodAlucard said:
    tpb fan said:
    this the down side of digital. but all the digital future fan boys will ignore it laugh
    This has nothing to do with digital games. And you might as well get ready. Everything will be digital only in the very near future. It's inevitable. But that's a discussion for another time.

This has to do with money grubbing publishers being too cheap to renew their licenses and not having the common sense / decency to let the public know of said penny pinching ways until it's too late.
    "This has nothing to do with digital games."

I'm sorry, can a publisher come to my house and take my physical copy because of licensing agreements or because they will no longer sell the game? This is a downside of digital games. He was right. Someone could still go out and buy a physical copy even after a publisher stops making/selling the game.

Now, was the game delisted and stopped selling because it was digital? No. You are right on that part, but it doesn't make his point any less valid.
  • Posted on 29 July 18 at 03:04Permalink
    Again if you bought a digital copy of the game the delisting does not affect you. You can still play the gameStarlinX said:
    BloodGodAlucard said:
    tpb fan said:

"This has nothing to do with digital games."

I'm sorry, can a publisher come to my house and take my physical copy because of licensing agreements or because they will no longer sell the game? This is a downside of digital games. He was right. Someone could still go out and buy a physical copy even after a publisher stops making/selling the game.

Now, was the game delisted and stopped selling because it was digital? No. You are right on that part, but it doesn't make his point any less valid.
  • R3f1CuLR3f1CuL816,690
    Posted on 29 July 18 at 03:37Permalink
    this is literally what? the 3rd or 4th time that i can think of that this has happened ... all the comic games barring the arkham games i think have been pulled because of licensing BS at least a few times ... kinda seen this coming sooner rather than later and grabbed them a sale or so back at what i thought was a decent price because delistings like this are nothing if not expected
    that guy
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 July 18 at 18:25Permalink
    Very annoying this considering how much a physical copy of the game costs..having it digital gives us choice and saves us hassle.
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,062,894
    Posted on 29 July 18 at 18:29Permalink
    Homunculus Fury said:
    Again if you bought a digital copy of the game the delisting does not affect you. You can still play the game
    And if you didn't buy a digital copy, you can't buy the game after delisting and it does affect you.
  • EvandalistEvandalist362,304
    Posted on 29 July 18 at 20:34, Edited on 29 July 18 at 20:46 by EvandalistPermalink
    superniceguy said:
    ClownTastic said:
    superniceguy said:
    The Xbox ONE and PS4 versions may be back considering they are digital only, were only made available 2 years ago, so why put effort making them to only be around for a short time on current active consoles?

I bought the bundle on Xbox ONE when on sale first time around, but also want it on PS4. I have looked on ebay and Amazon for physical PS4 versions but can not see one, if there are any about it will probably be millions!!

I will be contacting Activision on this and be requesting the PS4 and Xbox ONE versions be brought back and / or be released on on disc, on a regular basis, like Shawshank Redemption where he kept sending in letters and eventually they caved. Even if these games do not come back, it may put them off delisting other games in the future.

Other games delistings were not too devasting as were around longer or could get on disc.
    That was a movie bud, this is real life. Activision will not care one bit.
    It all depends on the tenacity of people, a real life example is Shenmue 3. If Yu Suzuki was not kept constantly asked about Shenmue 3 it would not be happening.
    Not true at all in regards to Shenmue. That series is an 11 chapter novel written by Suzuki which was always planned to run across 4-5 games and it's Suzuki's passion project and the games he's most proud of creating. He's always wanted to finish telling the story. Fan demand for a third iteration has also always been there (as has its story) - It was the lack of financial backing that prevented it from happening. That was no longer an obstacle with the creation of kickstarter, where fans themselves could contribute to its budget.
    Here lies a trite quote from somebody in history you might recognize. It's delightfully witty, yet concurrently incisive, and not at all pretentious.
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl153,747
    Posted on 29 July 18 at 21:50Permalink
    R3f1CuL said:
    this is literally what? the 3rd or 4th time that i can think of that this has happened ... all the comic games barring the arkham games i think have been pulled because of licensing BS at least a few times ... kinda seen this coming sooner rather than later and grabbed them a sale or so back at what i thought was a decent price because delistings like this are nothing if not expected
    Arkham will never have this problem because Warner Bros owns DC and published those games.
  • Posted on 29 July 18 at 23:08Permalink
    So if you get the physical copy of the game will the dlc automatically download or is that gone for good?
  • Posted on 29 July 18 at 23:12Permalink
    Screen Junkies said:
    So if you get the physical copy of the game will the dlc automatically download or is that gone for good?
    The Gold version includes the DLC. The OG copies don't.
  • Posted on 30 July 18 at 01:06Permalink
    dont think there is a gold edition for the second game
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl153,747
    Posted on 30 July 18 at 03:51Permalink
    Screen Junkies said:
    dont think there is a gold edition for the second game
    There isn't.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.