Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Games Delisted From Digital Stores

• Posted on 03 August 18 at 13:58Permalink
    For the idiots calling Activision idiots, let me inform you that sending out a press release isn't free. A press release would target people on gaming sites. Gamers on gaming sites are typically your core gamer. Your core gamer would already own this game by now. The small percentage that doesn't wouldn't all be guaranteed to see the press release in time, wouldn't necessarily care for buying the games or would but equate to such a small amount that they rather not put the effort or money into it.

To reach a larger group of people, an advertisement could be made, but that would cost even much more. Insanely much more. And they as a business wouldn't make it back most likely. If they would, it wouldn't be enough to be worth their concern that such an ad would be seen as "Activision loses Marvel's trust and licensing" because they aren't little whiny gamers, but business people that understand brand tarnishing and how negative and twisting you bottom of the barrel gamers are.

Stop crying about crap if you can't think it through with logic.

It's like you small representative group of gamers are stuck in childish thinking because to you, gaming never let you mature. You're stuck in a state of childhood.

Grow up.
  • Posted on 03 August 18 at 14:46, Edited on 03 August 18 at 14:49 by Elite1111111111Permalink
    Fillasaufical said:
    #IAmVerySmart
    Tweet: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1&2 to be delisted June 26.

Golly, would you look at that. Bet that cost them a whole lot of money.
  • Tatl360Tatl360229,568
    Posted on 03 August 18 at 16:05Permalink
    Elite1111111111 said:
    Fillasaufical said:
    #IAmVerySmart

This is funny and sad at the same time. laughcry

I wish I have seen that.
    So I guess following all these publishers of licensed games in twitter can be a good thing.
  • Posted on 03 August 18 at 16:44, Edited on 03 August 18 at 16:48 by FillasauficalPermalink
    Elite1111111111 said:
    Fillasaufical said:
    #IAmVerySmart

I never said that a Tweet is expensive.

A Tweet doesn't reach everyone. I don't social media anymore. Nor does every gamer on Twitter choose to follow Activision.

My comment was directed at all the angry tween sounding comments, pissed off that Activision didn't tell them about this. I, for the first time in decades maybe, surprisingly, chose to defend Activision; mostly just publishers in general. Your quote of their Tweet simply backs up my stance in this instance, that publishers are just intentionally say screw you to gamers when it comes to delistings. Some of the early comments were from ignorant people that are angry and don't even consider that this is a licensed property. It further shows how ignorant the people I was replying to are.

I didn't go through all 5 pages of comments nor paid attention to usernames. If you weren't one of them, why take it so personal? If you were, then you just proved your initial comment wrong. You have a crap personality and faulty logic to have such an attitude and stretch some sort of connection to what I said. You just sound like a turd with a low I.Q. trying to have some zingy moment.

I claim no high intellect. You think using some logic against some gamer plebs is a sign of someone projecting high intelligence?

Dude. Go eat a sandwich.
  • Posted on 03 August 18 at 17:21, Edited on 03 August 18 at 17:40 by Elite1111111111Permalink
    Tatl360 said:
    I wish I have seen that.
    They didn't actually post anything, that's just about the best we ever get.

Fillasaufical said:
    #IAmVerySmart2.0
    I never said a Tweet reached everyone. However, in these situations, a tweet or forum post is about as far as developers have gone to get the news out. When Forza Horizon was delisted, they only announced it on the Forza Forums. Still reached quite a few gaming news sites. Does it reach everyone? No. Is it better than nothing? Definitely.
  • Tatl360Tatl360229,568
    Posted on 03 August 18 at 19:32Permalink
    Elite1111111111 said:
    Tatl360 said:
    I wish I have seen that.
    Oh right. It makes sense, yes. Simple stuff like this was very useful in the past.

The problem with big companies is in part the size. Maybe some of the people who worked on these games don't even work there anymore.

It wouldn't hurt for these companies to adapt. They can plan at the very beggining of a game's cycle such things. Specially for licensed games.
    Even without licensed games, we've seen other examples of stupidity, like EA using it's own servers and eventually needing to shut down because of costs. While other games with servers handled by microsoft are still online.

Some can say it can be a move to "protect their technology/property" handling their own servers/whatever, but it's just incompetence. It's plain incompetence of the decision makers. They can't see far ahead. And this is a common thing, not a mortal sin, I'm not condemning their careers, but somehow they manage to keep repeating their mistakes over and over.
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,063,995
    Posted on 04 August 18 at 13:23Permalink
    Elite1111111111 said:
    Tatl360 said:
    I wish I have seen that.

Fillasaufical said:
    #IAmVerySmart2.0
    I never said a Tweet reached everyone. However, in these situations, a tweet or forum post is about as far as developers have gone to get the news out. When Forza Horizon was delisted, they only announced it on the Forza Forums. Still reached quite a few gaming news sites. Does it reach everyone? No. Is it better than nothing? Definitely.
    Yep, this. Low grade PR = Twitter/Facebook/Instagram and/or company forums these days. Use it, folks, and stop treating gamers like shitty unwanted customers that are a necessary evil.
  • TreviosoTrevioso218,608
    Posted on 17 October 19 at 23:38Permalink
    I dont twitter, but I did like the Xbox 360 version of the game. I actually skipped the Xbox one initially since I wasn't impressed with the available games and went to the Wii u. I got back in the xbox one when I found a xbox one s bundle. Looking through the list of games on trueachievements though, I'd be disappointed this game got delisted.

PS: I think I saw a german site that still had an xbox one key available for a ridiculous price. Too bad I couldn't figure out how to buy it or it wouldn't accept an american payment.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.