Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

NBA LIVE 19 Introduces Female Create-a-Player

AuthorMessage
OkayEA
OkayEA
Posted on 30 July 18 at 08:17
About time

Please click here to read the story: NBA LIVE 19 Introduces Female Create-a-Player
WaRRen16
WaRRen16
Posted on 30 July 18 at 08:52
So to keep it realistic as a women 3 pointers are to be near impossible, dunks come as often as an eclipse and it’s just layups after layups 🙄
NoHeroes94
NoHeroes94
Posted on 30 July 18 at 09:38, Edited on 30 July 18 at 09:40 by NoHeroes94
I think this is good; its just an added feature. If you don't want to use it, don't use it. Female inclusivity is a good thing, the only time I have an issue with this kind of thing is when it done at the behest of historical accuracy (ie the Battlefield 1 feminist thing was so ridiculous.) This is clearly not the case with street-ball. A WNBA mode would advance this further for fans of the league.
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 30 July 18 at 09:52, Edited on 30 July 18 at 10:07 by RadiantViper
WaRRen16 said:
So to keep it realistic as a women 3 pointers are to be near impossible, dunks come as often as an eclipse and it’s just layups after layups 🙄
And the winner of the most predictable comment of 2018 is ...
DistantSoldier1
Posted on 30 July 18 at 15:10
NoHeroes94 said:
I think this is good; its just an added feature. If you don't want to use it, don't use it. Female inclusivity is a good thing, the only time I have an issue with this kind of thing is when it done at the behest of historical accuracy (ie the Battlefield 1 feminist thing was so ridiculous.) This is clearly not the case with street-ball. A WNBA mode would advance this further for fans of the league.
Totally agreed.
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 30 July 18 at 16:55
RadiantViper said:
WaRRen16 said:
And the winner of the most predictable comment of 2018 is ...
I saw this story and I was like "Cool only 4 comments, there's probably nothing stupid posted yet" facepalm
Dakrkplayer2
Dakrkplayer2
Posted on 30 July 18 at 17:05, Edited on 30 July 18 at 17:07 by Dakrkplayer2
NoHeroes94 said:
Believe it not. There where some nation where woman had combat role in WW2. But not United state.

Here the link.

https://www.quora.com/Could-women-fight-in-WWII
.XBOX 4 LIFE. https://www.change.org/petitions/to-tell-microsoft-to-make-self-published-live-able-games-on-windows-phone-and-windows-8-and-tell-deve
Buttercup III
Buttercup III
Posted on 30 July 18 at 18:35
Is the WNBA included in newer NBA games? Because otherwise this seems like an odd choice
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 30 July 18 at 18:44
Finally, the feature literally everyone has been clamoring for. Preorder fucking secured.
OkayEA
OkayEA
Posted on 30 July 18 at 20:11, Edited on 30 July 18 at 20:12 by OkayEA
Buttercup III said:
Is the WNBA included in newer NBA games? Because otherwise this seems like an odd choice
Yeah, NBA LIVE lets you play as WNBA teams.
Soulbleed426
Soulbleed426
Posted on 30 July 18 at 20:25
OkayEA said:
Buttercup III said:
Yeah, NBA LIVE lets you play as WNBA teams.
That was my question; good to know!
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 31 July 18 at 07:07, Edited on 31 July 18 at 07:09 by zeldafanjtl
NoHeroes94 said:
Female inclusivity is a good thing, the only time I have an issue with this kind of thing is when it done at the behest of historical accuracy (ie the Battlefield 1 feminist thing was so ridiculous.)
Ah yes, Battlefield 1, the ultra-historically accurate World War I game. I'm glad they made it. After I learned about soldiers running on top of blimps and how horses were basically impervious to explosives in my high school history class, I couldn't wait until they made a video game about it.

Also what "feminist thing" are you even talking about? The only women in Battlefield 1 were an Arab freedom fighter you play as in the campaign and the Bolshevik scouts in one of the DLCs.
NawtyCawty
NawtyCawty
Posted on 31 July 18 at 08:11, Edited on 31 July 18 at 08:11 by NawtyCawty
zeldafanjtl said:
NoHeroes94 said:
Female inclusivity is a good thing, the only time I have an issue with this kind of thing is when it done at the behest of historical accuracy (ie the Battlefield 1 feminist thing was so ridiculous.)
Ah yes, Battlefield 1, the ultra-historically accurate World War I game. I'm glad they made it. After I learned about soldiers running on top of blimps and how horses were basically impervious to explosives in my high school history class, I couldn't wait until they made a video game about it.

Also what "feminist thing" are you even talking about? The only women in Battlefield 1 were an Arab freedom fighter you play as in the campaign and the Bolshevik scouts in one of the DLCs.
At least it wasn’t as inaccurate as COD WWII, where the USA single handedly stormed the beaches and won the entire war on their own and nobody else was involved at all....
Warboy925
Warboy925
Posted on 31 July 18 at 20:37
zeldafanjtl said:
NoHeroes94 said:

Damn, now you make me want to start BF 1 finally!!
KanjiKoka
KanjiKoka
Posted on 01 August 18 at 11:20
WaRRen16 said:
Gotta admit, this was funny.
Job & A Social Life, achievements most gamers refuse to earn...therefore, their ratios are high.
Shadow 00 Fox
Shadow 00 Fox
Posted on 01 August 18 at 22:59, Edited on 01 August 18 at 23:01 by Shadow 00 Fox
lol... let's face it, no need to be PC about it--anything physical, men will be better. No need to get upset, it's just a fact.
As a matter of fact, a local tech college nearby just recently did a really stupid thing for accepting nursing applicants to their program--they essentially turned it into a foot race which as the women were pointing out, was not fair. Not to mention for the potentially disabled in any way either. Such a dumb incident...

If you're still reading, good, I'm just trying to be factual, not aggro everyone.

Female characters in games can be/are fun. Female basketball could be fun. If it feels just the same as men playing basketball that'll be silly, but I'm not sure how well they can make it different. I'd actually be game to try it vs. the Battlefield 1 chaos.

KanjiKoka said:
WaRRen16 said:
Gotta admit, this was funny.
It was funny, but also major trigger material. smile Probably on purpose..
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.