Bug Reports - Archive

Archive of Bug Reports

My Game Collection not saving view

• exorrexorr867,908
    Posted on 03 August 18 at 14:26
    It seems that the "My Game Collection" section of TrueAchiements is no longer saving my default view. I'm trying to make changes to it, clicking the save icon, but the next time I go to the page the changes I made aren't remembered.
  • exorrexorr867,908
    Posted on 06 August 18 at 14:15
    Did some more testing. This is ties to the "Notes" field. It will not save the view of "No notes" or "Notes only" it always reverts to "All". It seems other aspects of the view remember being saved.

Can someone investigate?
  • FalensaranoFalensarano1,273,302
    Posted on 13 December 18 at 22:18
    I second this. I've been playing with sorting the view for 'My Game Collection' and I've been using notes to filter out my fully completed games with discontinued/unobtainables I can't get.

It's not a deal breaker but it feels like a bug that could be quite easily fixed - and close down a bug report item. Please investigate smile
  • exorrexorr867,908
    Posted on 14 December 18 at 15:22
    Falensarano said:
    I second this. I've been playing with sorting the view for 'My Game Collection' and I've been using notes to filter out my fully completed games with discontinued/unobtainables I can't get.

It's not a deal breaker but it feels like a bug that could be quite easily fixed - and close down a bug report item. Please investigate smile
    Nice to see someone else reply to my original report. I really wish I could sort by notes. Sounds like you and I use notes the same way :)
    Posted on 14 December 18 at 17:31
    exorr said:
    Falensarano said:

Nice to see someone else reply to my original report. I really wish I could sort by notes. Sounds like you and I use notes the same way :)
    If there is another way of doing this I am happy to use that instead but if we’ve both gone for the same thing it sounds like there isn’t!
  • ShinnizleShinnizle2,099,943
    Posted on 14 December 18 at 18:45
    Falensarano said:
    Why not mark them as "Done With"? That's what I do.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • exorrexorr867,908
    Posted on 14 December 18 at 21:51, Edited on 14 December 18 at 21:52 by exorr
    Shinnizle said:
    Falensarano said:
    The issue is if you can't filter by notes then you have to use the Play Status as your filter, which is what I currently do, BUT then any new games added to your collection don't appear in your list, until you remove all filters, find the new games, add a Play Status to them, then re-apply the filter. If we could use the "Has notes" or "No notes" options, which exist in the filter by the way, then we could just add notes to any games we don't want to play ever again and they will vanish from our list and any new games added to the collection would always appear by default as they have no notes.
    Posted on 15 December 18 at 11:37
    exorr said:
    Shinnizle said:
    Falensarano said:
    The issue is if you can't filter by notes then you have to use the Play Status as your filter, which is what I currently do, BUT then any new games added to your collection don't appear in your list, until you remove all filters, find the new games, add a Play Status to them, then re-apply the filter. If we could use the "Has notes" or "No notes" options, which exist in the filter by the way, then we could just add notes to any games we don't want to play ever again and they will vanish from our list and any new games added to the collection would always appear by default as they have no notes.
    This is exactly why I stopped using Done With too. If 'Filter out Done With was a selection in its own right, this would solve our problem but still not sure why the customer filter doesn't apply to notes.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle2,099,943
    Posted on 17 December 18 at 07:39
    exorr said:
    Every time I add a game to my collection, I immediately put a "Backlog" play status, but I understand why some people wouldn't want to go through that every time.

Falensarano said:
    This is exactly why I stopped using Done With too. If 'Filter out Done With was a selection in its own right, this would solve our problem but still not sure why the customer filter doesn't apply to notes.
    What do you mean? You can choose to show every play status, except for Done With, isn't that what you want?
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
    Posted on 17 December 18 at 09:58
    Shinnizle said:
    Falensarano said:
    What do you mean? You can choose to show every play status, except for Done With, isn't that what you want?
    Then every game has to have a play status. Which a lot of mine don’t. Anyway this is getting a away from the issue raised. The game collection doesn’t save a filter if it’s applied to Notes. Is this a bug or intentional?
  • exorrexorr867,908
    Posted on 17 December 18 at 14:39
    This has to be a bug because why have that filter as an option if it can't be used, right? :)
    Posted on 17 December 18 at 17:02
    exorr said:
    This has to be a bug because why have that filter as an option if it can't be used, right? :)
    My only thought towards it not being a bug is that all the other fields that work are static. Notes are applied by us gamers on a game by game basis so maybe the site can’t save it. That said, if you can save a filter on play status, that throws this theory out of the window!
  • Posted on 04 January 20 at 22:43
    This is being archived in an effort to clean up the bug report forums and this post predates the new 2019/2020 TA site design. If you are still experiencing this bug on the new site, please create a new detailed bug report and it will be logged and looked at.

Thank you.
    See You Space Cowboy...
  • Information
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads