Game Discussion: Battlefield: Bad Company

Many EA Servers are currently Down (Unannounced) - MOST ARE FIXED!

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 August 18 at 01:41
    Twitter DM's so far
    Im soo stealthy, I feel like my knife has a silencer...
  • J4CKA1J4CKA1311,390
    Posted on 14 August 18 at 12:13
    Nothing yet?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 August 18 at 09:12
    Not at all, im mid move but ill be requesting and update today
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 August 18 at 09:14
    Message sent, the second I see anything ill let you guys know.
  • Posted on 16 August 18 at 10:25
    Thanks Mikhail, we'll be waiting with baited breath for some good news!
  • LuucLuuc868,047
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 August 18 at 12:26
    I asked internally and someone wasent aware of the issue but someone else reported the game as discontinued. We may flag these all as discontinued from what we confirm. As then if we refloat them as obtainable later on we can pass out the notification that they are achievable again. Not confirmed to stay down

TL;DR Someone did it by accident cause someone was angry servers were down and got antsy and reported them D. Might flag em all D on all games affected so that if servers come back on we can send out a PM. For now I'd rather leave it this way but we will see.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 August 18 at 12:58
    Again we are not confirming permanent shutdow
  • Yurgi WinduYurgi Windu846,791
    Posted on 16 August 18 at 17:32
    I got a DM on Twitter from EA who had said they would get back to me on the status of the servers a week ago. The DM today said that the EA guy named Brad fed just heard the servers were back online and asked he to check. However I have since tried C&C Tiberium Wars and Red Alert 3 and still can't connect on either. Have sent a DM back saying as much.
  • Yurgi WinduYurgi Windu846,791
    Posted on 16 August 18 at 17:36, Edited on 16 August 18 at 17:41 by Yurgi Windu
    I take that back Red Alert 3 is working but can't get Tiberium Wars to connect. Message I just received from EA said the following

"Thanks, I'll check on that for you. The problem is that we don't manage these servers any longer. Microsoft does so it can take time to hear back from them. I appreciate your patience and will be in touch as soon as I have some new information. -Brad"
  • J4CKA1J4CKA1311,390
    Posted on 16 August 18 at 18:07
    So basically, once they come back online, take a week off work and finish any online portion you may have left.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 August 18 at 18:23
    Seems they're popping up slowly
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 August 18 at 18:24
    Got back to me too just now and told me to check them and report anything. If we could get someone to check medal of honor I'll update in a few hours
  • J4CKA1J4CKA1311,390
    Posted on 16 August 18 at 19:25
    Checked bad company 1. Still down currently.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 August 18 at 22:52
    Thanks for the update will be verifying info shortly
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 August 18 at 23:48
    Checked Medal of honor airborne , still down .
    Constants and Variables
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 August 18 at 01:43
    Seems they went up for a few minutes and came back down. Still working with them. For now we'll be confirming but Red Alert seems to be the only one officially working still.

Will be switching games after checking to Discontinued that way it'll be easier to let everyone know when they're back on.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 August 18 at 02:13
    More Important Update!

Ok, so I know I just commented but basically here's what's gonna be happening.

There's some guesses as to what's wrong. Some are good news, others... not so good. In any of the scenarios it isn't just an "easy fix" or a "turn it back on". But nothing is known for sure.

So what do we know for sure?

EA and Microsoft have BOTH come together and are working on it. So please be patient. The issue is known.

We are retesting the servers for multiple games. I myself, will be testing Bad Company 1 and 2, Medal of Honor Airborne, and possibly some Need for Speed Titles. Anything I confirm as offline, along with community reports from you guys and other staff testing, we are going to be slapping the Discontinued flags on and sending out the notifications for multiple reasons:

1. That way if other people are unaware of the issue and have boosting sessions they can react.
    2. In the past, games like Forza and Test Drive Unlimited 2 had unannounced shutdowns that never came back.
    3. If the servers are confirmed back up, we can send out notifications to all of you stating said flags have been removed!
    4. It gets the issue more well known, perhaps to people that may be able to directly assist.

From internal discussion we seem this seems to be the best course of action, thus, we are moving forward in this light.

ONCE AGAIN, WE ARE NOT CONFIRMING THE SERVERS ARE SHUT DOWN FOR GOOD. Should that information come to us down the road we will report it via here, or via a news article possibly. This was an unconfirmed shutdown, but until we get solid answers or until the issue is resolved, this is all we can do.

The team, along with all of you, will continue to reach out and attempt to get a resolution on the matter.

Appreciate the hard work everyone and stay tuned! toast
  • Posted on 17 August 18 at 02:18
    Ugh, thanks for the updates Mikhail, but this makes me a little sick to my stomach. I hope that EA and MS are able to work it out and don't give up on this!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 August 18 at 02:34
    No problem, im doing what I can during my move and while ive been working to keep up to everything, few community members are still on it.

For me personally ive got Bad Company and MoH Airborne to finish up and would like to do them. If everything comes back up and whatnot ill be hitting those after Crysis 2 is wrapped up. But trying to just keep on top of everything.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.