Game Discussion: Mercenaries 2: World in Flames Forum

Many EA Servers are currently Down (Unannounced) - Updates Here

AuthorMessage
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 05 August 18 at 14:21, Edited on 05 August 18 at 14:26 by Mikhail Krauser
This is gonna be a copy and paste forum post for each of the following games affected, so not all information may pertain to this specific title:

Battlefield: Bad Company [Confirmed by Staff]
Command & Conquer 3
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath [Canadian French Version Confirmed by Staff]
Medal of Honor: Airborne [Confirmed by Staff]
Mercenaries 2 (Apparently there are buggy workarounds but strongly doubt this will get updated)
Need for Speed: Carbon (Unannounced Server Closure - Seems it's actually permanently down) [Confirmed by Staff]

Crysis 2 (Intermittent Issues)

All of these have their servers currently shut down (save for Crysis 2 just having mild up and downs with the servers). We've attempted to confirm anything we could on staff side as being unable to get online for the time being.

Currently, the assumption is that the legacy servers need some maintenance. If that's the case, things aren't very hopeful. However, we are reaching out to EA, DICE, and whoever else we can to get either confirmation of these shutdown or if its just an issue on their end.

THESE SERVERS WERE NOT ANNOUNCED SHUTDOWNS

If we get any news going forward, we'll let you know in this thread.
Im soo stealthy, I feel like my knife has a silencer...
LuckyKant
LuckyKant
Posted on 05 August 18 at 17:30, Edited on 05 August 18 at 17:31 by LuckyKant
Mercenaries 2 has been like that for years, with the workaround. Has the workaround stopped?
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 05 August 18 at 18:01
I think you need to connect to an EA server for another game to get Mercs 2 to work. If those are down then it might not work anymore.
Game On.
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 05 August 18 at 19:04
Was brought up today so unsure, but Bad Company and a few other titles are gone tits up so probably none of the methods work.
Im kind of High
Posted on 06 August 18 at 19:44
The workaround method for Merc 2 was working, but when the servers went down for all the EA games (Bad Company, MOH Airborne, etc) it made it impossible to connect to the servers on Mercs 2. The servers are actually down all the way on Mercs 2 now as well. Notice how when you start up the game it no longer freezes at the main menu anymore? That’s because the servers are down. EA literally said “it’s just going to be a small maintenance on some older EA titles servers that will last a few days” and that was literally weeks ago. I’ve messaged everyone I can on twitter, and haven’t got a single damn response from these idiots. I’m seriously going to be pissed if they just dropped like 6-8 servers on 6-8 games without even giving us a single heads up. I started Mercs 2 thinking it was still 100%able and now get to deal with this shit. Nothing is going to get done about it if people don’t start speaking up, sending tweets, and submitting tickets about the issue. EA is probably counting on just sweeping all these under the rug.
Im kind of High
Posted on 08 August 18 at 06:25
This blows. I just finished the campaign both online and offline without the update (had to play offline to get some campaign achievements unglitched), but I was really hoping some of the coop achievements would unlock in Mercenaries 2 (they’ve unlocked for tons of people even though they were playing offline), and not a single of the 5 coop achievements unlocked for me. I’d love to know what those people did differently than I did to get them to pop. I’m willing to bet like 20 bucks that the Mercs 2 servers are now down for GOOD and forever. If they actually spend the money to get ANY of them back online, it’s going to be Bad Company more than likely considering how popular the series is. I really just can’t see them putting any effort into any of the other titles sadly. I swear I just HAD to start Mercs 2 like a day-week to late didn’t I??? Fml lol. And sadly there’s maybe only a handful of other people (5 at most) that actually even care about the Mercs 2 being fixed so that makes it even harder of a fight, I can’t blame them though.
Rusty Nail zh
Rusty Nail zh
Posted on 17 August 18 at 08:23
I mean I don't care if only 1 person plays Mercs 2 or 100. I would've started it as well, if I knew that the servers were going to shut down! EA explicitly told that they are giving notice to all games they will shut down servers on! I don't know how many months, but 1 month top! Probably 2-3 though...
LuckyKant
LuckyKant
Posted on 17 August 18 at 09:10
I have Mercs on my shelf. Played it years ago on an old tag and will play it again on this one but no notice is a dick move.
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 17 August 18 at 12:57
Once again, keep up with this thread: Many EA Servers are currently Down (Unannounced) - Updates Here

This was an error, not EA Shutting down without notice and its being worked on
Sunny Kloud
Sunny Kloud
Posted on 03 September 18 at 00:29
I hope EA will fix this, I only need 2 achievments online
Alberto Silva76
Posted on 05 September 18 at 00:40
I need the online achievements too Sunny Kloud. If this will be fixed can we do this?
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 08 September 18 at 22:48
Servers are back up. Needs testing of the EULA acceptance has been fixed but it seems it all works. Just unsure if it's the old method or now it's been adjusted
RAREBORN
RAREBORN
Posted on 16 March 19 at 08:06
I just got done Mercenaries 2 in march 2019 and to get the game to work i had to put in medal of honor airborne then Mercenaries 2 would be playable for co-op
RAREBORN
FDCODEOFCONDUCT
Posted on 09 July 19 at 20:31
I can confirm they work for my account that played it when it came out. I can't get it to work on my kids account and I've tried every game but MOH airborne, back to Gamestop!
Mikhail Krauser
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 11 July 19 at 19:49
Thanks for the confirmation!
FDCODEOFCONDUCT
Posted on 13 July 19 at 16:51
I can confirm MOH Airborne servers still work and the agreement allowed my kids account to play co-op on Mercenaries 2!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.