Game Discussion: Medal of Honor: Airborne

Many EA Servers are currently Down (Unannounced) - Updates Here

• Mikhail KrauserMikhail Krauser1,438,350
    Posted on 11 September 18 at 08:29Permalink
    Yeah,

As a side note, havent heard from EA since I found this all out, but seems all the games are working.

Need testing on Need for Speed Carbon to see if that was one (which im downloading now but itll take a while), Medal of Honor 2010 was having screw ups, and wanted Warfighter tested which I have (not sure if I need to install stuff first though but ill do that after)

I fully expect up and downs with the servers for a bit, but MoH Hasent worked till now and I was even able to pull up stats (minus time played and stuff, had all my 1st places and all that, how many kills, and 0 deaths which sounds right, but no play time or matches played)

Might have corrected stat resets too.

If Carbon is fixed, im going to reach out one last time and ask if there's a way to update the Dev achievement into a viral at least as well. Im not gonna ask to much but ill pitch it and see where that goes.

Thanks to everyone who helped research and kept their patience! <3
    Im soo stealthy, I feel like my knife has a silencer...
  • DonietscheDonietsche338,051
    Posted on 11 September 18 at 12:15, Edited on 11 September 18 at 12:17 by DonietschePermalink
    Mikhail Krauser said:
    Yeah,

As a side note, havent heard from EA since I found this all out, but seems all the games are working.

Need testing on Need for Speed Carbon to see if that was one (which im downloading now but itll take a while), Medal of Honor 2010 was having screw ups, and wanted Warfighter tested which I have (not sure if I need to install stuff first though but ill do that after)

I fully expect up and downs with the servers for a bit, but MoH Hasent worked till now and I was even able to pull up stats (minus time played and stuff, had all my 1st places and all that, how many kills, and 0 deaths which sounds right, but no play time or matches played)

Might have corrected stat resets too.

If Carbon is fixed, im going to reach out one last time and ask if there's a way to update the Dev achievement into a viral at least as well. Im not gonna ask to much but ill pitch it and see where that goes.

Thanks to everyone who helped research and kept their patience! <3
    you did an amazing job at keeping the community constantly updated with the issues at hand in this (and many other) titles, thank you very much for that.

Now, if someone in the next days/weeks will be able to confirm that the stat reset bug has been fixed as well, it may be time to give this game another chance. I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed for that!
    Posted on 11 September 18 at 13:01Permalink
    I'm just happy its fixed and appreciate that.

I plan now to try and finish off crysis nit this game and bad company have both jumped to the top of my lists
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,018,911
    Posted on 11 September 18 at 13:27Permalink
    If anyone is interested in double-boxing MOH:A, let me know. I'm willing to set aside a whole day to get it done if the stats resets are still an issue.

Thanks for all of the updates, MK. Really appreciate your hard work on this.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 September 18 at 09:42Permalink
    Does the server update change anything for the 0g glitched achievement ?
    I think it was glitched for me, should I restart it and get every win on the same session or the glitch still there ?
    Thanks mikhail by the way toast
    Constants and Variables
    Posted on 13 September 18 at 20:49Permalink
    Globalize. Only need 4 to play a match?

No word on the stat resets or anything or the glitches achievement
    Posted on 14 September 18 at 03:10, Edited on 14 September 18 at 03:21 by DonietschePermalink
    Mikhail, in case you still have some conversation going on with the people working/reporting on this, do you think it would make sense - if you haven't already - to mention those issues?

They had been reported by more than a few, back when the server was still under EA control, the standard reply from MS was that they couldn't do anything because of the current "ownership" status (and they referred back to EA...).

Possibly things have changed, and we could assume (well... hope) that it could be in their best interest to fix anything that should be fixed during this transition period, and be done with it for good.

The only function of the stat server is to... track stats, and assist the matchmaking, having a stat server up that is still utterly broken doesn't make sense!

After all, the stat reset post BC looked like an issue arising from lack of coordination (between EA and MS), but that's just a guess.
  • R06U3R06U3259,015
    Posted on 14 September 18 at 03:56Permalink
    Mikhail Krauser said:
    Globalize. Only need 4 to play a match?

No word on the stat resets or anything or the glitches achievement
    The leaderboard option still seems to lock up the game, but the Stats option seems to be working from the very brief testing I was able to do.

During brief testing, it appears that at least total kills and objective points are being tracked. I wasn't able to test long enough to determine yet whether individual weapon kills/upgrades are being tracked. I captured a few objectives and got 1 kill. After dashboarding and restarting the game, those still registered under my Stats.

I did notice that the filters for game mode, Axis or Allies, and map did not seem to be working correctly.
    Posted on 14 September 18 at 19:08Permalink
    Yeah I'vebrought it all up to then

And seems tracking works but year there's a few bugs in the leaderboards. Seems the gsme is more stable but they probably wont be fixing the minor issues like that. v
    Posted on 15 September 18 at 00:54Permalink
    well, that's really some great news then, and the transition to MS was definitely a winning move for the players, despite the temporary setback! I hope that we'll see more of this in the future, there are a few more games with broken stat servers (for instance, Deadfall Adventures; personally I don't care about that title, but it had a similar fate post BC).

Thanks for the clarification!
    Posted on 16 September 18 at 03:28Permalink
    FYI, I can confirm that stats are not lost if you exit the game or power off your console. Had my game freeze; power cycled my X1; and a progress achievement was not affected and unlocked on time.
  • LuucLuuc374,730
    Posted on 18 September 18 at 09:09Permalink
    The Globalizer said:
    FYI, I can confirm that stats are not lost if you exit the game or power off your console. Had my game freeze; power cycled my X1; and a progress achievement was not affected and unlocked on time.
    Lol, I should have known that. Kept my Xbox One on for 3 days straight just to prevent loosing 1600 kills.
  • Posted on 22 September 18 at 16:09Permalink
    The Globalizer said:
    so you think it was fixed?
    EveryBody Lies
    Posted on 23 September 18 at 15:46Permalink
    l Concetto18 l said:
    The Globalizer said:
    so you think it was fixed?
    Seems so, though I can only report as to my experiences (and I've been burned by others who speculate on what is actually happening).

What was interesting was that the MP "stats" page only showed progress for data that appears to be relevant to achievements. If I were to guess, they turned (back) on persistent tracking for those data points server-side. In my experience, EA games tend to store data both locally and remotely and refresh the local data from the servers, so if it's not persistently tracking server-side, it will pull zeros every time you log in fresh and will reset your stats. It's not pulling zeros now.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.