Game Discussion: Rise of the Tomb Raider Forum

Way to go and golden child achivement

AuthorMessage
AboveHunter
AboveHunter
Posted on 05 August 18 at 22:10
heya i will be using a xbox one slim or something like that but not an xbox one x with the 4k update can i still fully achievement this game?
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 05 August 18 at 22:53
From my understanding, yes. The achievements are only glitched if you play on an Xbox One X.
Litonic
Litonic
Posted on 19 August 18 at 21:24
can any one explain how a resoulution update makes acheivments unobtainable/ glitchy. what the hell microsoft lol
G
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 19 August 18 at 22:07
Litonic said:
can any one explain how a resoulution update makes acheivments unobtainable/ glitchy. what the hell microsoft lol
Whatever code causes the achievement to glitch must only be activated when you're running the Xbox One X version ... it's strange but at least there's SOME workaround.
Ham Man 89
Ham Man 89
Posted on 27 August 18 at 04:11, Edited on 27 August 18 at 22:36 by Ham Man 89
May have some insight. I'm still working on these, So I CANNOT confirm if server connectivity is the issue for Way to Go and Golden Child.

Todays tests are as follows:
---
I was having issues getting this earlier today:
Rise of the Tomb RaiderWell Begun Is Half DoneThe Well Begun Is Half Done achievement in Rise of the Tomb Raider worth 57 pointsComplete 10 different levels in Score Attack with a gold score
I had 9 golds.
I completed a run of the "Voice of God" Tomb with a score of 69143 *no achievement*
So I restarted my game.

As soon as i get to the main menu again. I see a split second message at the bottom left.
"The Square Enix servers are currently unavailable. Please try again later, or visit www.tombraider.com"
This message only lasts a second then switches to the standard,
"Welcome to Rise of the Tomb Raider!"

So I check the leaderboards. Sure enough my score for "Voice of God" is listed as around 10k which is not a Gold score. But it shows my proper score from the Expeditions menu.
It appears to have NOT uploaded my score to the leaderboards.
---
So I quit and went to play GTA. I come back to Tomb Raider a few hours later. I DO NOT see the "server unavailable" message, so I run "Voice of God" again and get a score of 53428.
This score did get uploaded to the leaderboards and my achievement popped for 10 Golds
MushaConvoy
MushaConvoy
Posted on 28 February 19 at 02:44
How did your tests go? I'm starting on Score Attack now, will keep an eye on leaderboard scores to make sure they match up. I see you don't have 'Golden Child' yet, did you run into issues or find something new and shiny to play :)
Peace Through Tyranny
Chalam360
Chalam360
Posted on 04 March 19 at 14:37
@MushaConvoy: started the game this mid-February. The only problem I have is the same as the other mentionned. Golden Child and Way to Go are currently unattainable if you play on an Xbox One X but are attainable while playing on an Xbox One S or fat.

I did all the score attack on an Xbox One X. Then completed a single score attack on an Xbox One S, to make both achievement pop.

I did not encounter any "server unavailable" issue.
MushaConvoy
MushaConvoy
Posted on 20 March 19 at 09:51, Edited on 25 March 19 at 00:06 by MushaConvoy
Ive been trying to work out where the actual problem is and hadn't found anything online (aside from leaderboard issues). Am about 70% through all the levels so far, meticulously checking the leaderboards after each one, and the achievement tracker as well, so far no problem at all... but have finally discovered exactly whats broken.

If you go to the Expeditions / Score Attack, there are two missions that don't appear. Mountain Peak and Hunting Grounds. Neither of these two appear in the guide by Trikke den 1e which is what threw me in the first place. They appear just fine in Expeditions / Chapter Replay, but that won't do for the Score challenge. Worse still, if you go to the Leaderboards and look for these two missions, you can see all the people's scores, however when you press cn_A to view details, the option to Play With These Settings does not appear. On Mountain Peak the stats for their run (and the cards they used) don't even appear at all. Also noticed that these two missions don't appear in Chapter Replay Elite either.

With these two stages unplayable, that puts the exact percentage on the tracker at 93% (27/29).

I know this doesn't fix the issue at all, and I don't know if Mountain Peak and Hunting Grounds need to be done in Score Attack somehow for this to work, but maybe someone else might see it and enjoy playing through the other 27 Score Attack stages without worrying about a glitch, and leave those two for the original XB1 console.
Peace Through Tyranny
Ham Man 89
Ham Man 89
Posted on 28 August 19 at 18:59, Edited on 28 August 19 at 19:00 by Ham Man 89
MushaConvoy said:
How did your tests go? I'm starting on Score Attack now, will keep an eye on leaderboard scores to make sure they match up. I see you don't have 'Golden Child' yet, did you run into issues or find something new and shiny to play :)
Sorry for the WAY LATE reply. Finally got around to working on these again.

Connection issue still happens but not as often. Didnt seem to matter though. I made sure my scores got uploaded to the leaderboards after each level completion. I do have scores on those other 2 missions (assuming thru chapter replay) and yet I still got stuck at 93% like everyone else. Off to my friends house I guess to use his S...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.