The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: August 7th, 2018

• HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead783,421
    Posted on 07 August 18 at 08:03, Edited on 07 August 18 at 08:04 by HolyHalfDead
    XenomorphFiend said:
    Seems a bit silly to leave out the Porsche pack foR FH2, when the rest is on sale.
    The car packs hardly ever go on sale. I gave up waiting for the Hoonigan pack and paid full price.

And yes, it will probably all get delisted soon. I predicted the delisting of the Forza Motorsport 3 DLC and it has followed a pattern ever since. People say they want to be notified about delistings, but are you expecting a phone call from Microsoft to personally inform you? If seeing the Forza Motorsport 5 Car Pass reduced from $50 to $5 doesn't grab your attention, then a forum post on the Turn 10 site is unlikely to.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • SukottoSukotto240,246
    Posted on 07 August 18 at 08:06
    Come on let's get the FH2 Porsche Expansion on sale! If not, I guess it will have to be a full price purchase before delisting =\ Here's to hoping!
  • Vr EnglishVr English838,113
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7556,655
    Posted on 07 August 18 at 08:38
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Dresden N7 said:
    I hope everyone has the complete editions of Fallout 4, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, and Rise of the Tomb Raider by now. Great prices and often on sale.
    By chance my mail order copy of Fallout 4 GOTYE arrived today :) $25 USD
    Nice! I've been wondering: for the physical GOTYE, is the DLC on disc or provided as codes?
  • YaziteYazite494,145
    Posted on 07 August 18 at 09:09
    mkdfan1990 said:
    Is Stardew Valley ever on sale? Wanna buy it but wondering if it’s ever been a better price.
    I've literally been checking every week for almost a year hoping to see it on sale.
    Wake me, when you need me.
  • Darkroder92Darkroder92199,215 199,215 GamerScore
    Posted on 07 August 18 at 09:16
    Forza Horizon 2 will be delisted soon so hurry up and grab all the dlc before its too late
    $True Gaming $
  • Yummy BaklavaYummy Baklava1,016,636
    Posted on 07 August 18 at 09:27, Edited on 07 August 18 at 09:29 by Yummy Baklava
    Darkroder92 said:
    Forza Horizon 2 will be delisted soon so hurry up and grab all the dlc before its too late
    Stop spreading rumours. At most it COULD be delisted soon.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 August 18 at 09:50
    Forza games have 4-year licenses. At the end there is EOL status. Forza H1- 2012-2016,FM5- 2013-2017 and FH2- 2014-2018. So... Delisting will be as soon as 4th Septembe.
  • Posted on 07 August 18 at 10:04
    Dresden N7 said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Dresden N7 said:
    I hope everyone has the complete editions of Fallout 4, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, and Rise of the Tomb Raider by now. Great prices and often on sale.
    By chance my mail order copy of Fallout 4 GOTYE arrived today :) $25 USD
    Nice! I've been wondering: for the physical GOTYE, is the DLC on disc or provided as codes?
    Code
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 August 18 at 10:08
    Look at Deus Ex every single time it goes on sale (which is quite a lot lately). Have Human Revolution sat in my backlog that I've just never got into.
  • Posted on 07 August 18 at 10:27
    I have been wanting to play Rise Of The Tomb Raider before Shadow comes out in September. Whats the chances that once I buy this version, it will be in games for gold?
    www.twitter.com/Mike_Langlois
    Posted on 07 August 18 at 10:29, Edited on 07 August 18 at 10:32 by HolyHalfDead
    Vr English said:
    Looks like the full add-on pack is on sale. https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/forza-horizon-2-complete-a...

I've grabbed that, includes the Porsche collection and a lot more.
    It was part of last weeks sale, which has now finished. Your link is broken, but mine works.HolyHalfDead said:
    The Complete Add-Ons Collection is still on sale for 2 more hours - http://www.microsoft.com/p/x/bp4np6dfzvcs $27.39 NZD (= $18.46 USD)
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
    Posted on 07 August 18 at 10:57, Edited on 07 August 18 at 11:08 by HolyHalfDead
    XenomorphFiend said:
    Seems a bit silly to leave out the Porsche pack foR FH2, when the rest is on sale.
    It will come down to licensing. If Turn 10 agreed to give Porsche $7.50 for every pack sold, they can’t exactly reduce it to $5. It’s why there are no Porsche in Forza games, that way they don’t have to pay Porsche a cent.

The complete collection for $18 was a great deal since the Porsche pack alone costs $15. So $3 for everything else, including Storm Island was really Turn 10 pretty much giving it all away before the delisting. The Forza Motorsport 3 content was reduced to $1 the week before it was delisted.

I think it is great what Turn 10 do, but there will still be people complaining next week that 80% off was too expensive but if Turn 10 had phoned them up and told them it was the last time it would be available they would have bought it.
  • halohogghalohogg120,071
    Posted on 07 August 18 at 12:36
    Mike Langlois said:
    I have been wanting to play Rise Of The Tomb Raider before Shadow comes out in September. Whats the chances that once I buy this version, it will be in games for gold?
    The base game may come up on GwG, but I got tired of waiting a while back. It regularly comes up for sale as it is now and is still a great deal. If you're going to go for it now, the 20 Year Anniv Bundle is the best because regardless, you're going to want the Baba Yaga DLC too.
  • IXI FalcoNIXI FalcoN2,133,565
    Posted on 07 August 18 at 13:07
    Fe may look tempting at $8, but don't do it. Game is terrible and the completion is extremely aggravating due to the map design.
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,151,289
  • WardieshireWardieshire594,727
    Posted on 07 August 18 at 13:44, Edited on 07 August 18 at 13:47 by Wardieshire
    Jump on that forward horizon 2 dlc if you were wanting to use it in the future because there's a strong chance it will get delisted soon if previous years are anything to go by.

Edit: should have read the whole thread, looks like people already have this covered! laugh
  • Elite1111111111Elite11111111111,157,228
    Posted on 07 August 18 at 13:45
    XI AlphaMale IX said:
    Are you missing some games? Don't Starve Together is on sale.
    I think the sales lists are derived from recent price changes. Don't Starve Together went on sale Thursday, which is likely why it wasn't picked up here.
  • KedrixKedrix316,537
    Posted on 07 August 18 at 14:24
    Picked up Fearful Symmetry & The Cursed Prince as it seemed to be different enough to be interesting and a fairly easy completion (hopefully anyway, lol).
    Michael Durr Gamertag: Kedrix www.kedrix.net
  • YODA12320YODA123202,947,366
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads