The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: August 7th, 2018

  • Posted on 07 August 18 at 16:58Permalink
    Forza deal for me! That's a huge bargain! smile
    Mr. Negative
  • Posted on 07 August 18 at 17:56Permalink
    A couple of cheap games with easy Gamescore...I like that! smile

    Super confused by Bethesda's publisher sale. Their bundles for Wolfenstein II are so odd. I can buy the pack of DOOM and Wolfenstein II plus the Wolfenstein II Season Pass for about $40 which is the same price as buying the Digital Deluxe version of Wolfenstein II. I'll happily buy two things for the same price as one and get DOOM for "free" as well! clap
    War...war never changes.
  • Posted on 07 August 18 at 18:10Permalink
    Guns, Gore & Connoli is a great game! And an easy completion to boot. Definitely pick that up at $5.

    Skyrim Remastered is also on sale for $20. They missed that for some reason.
    Doc, Doc, noose
  • Posted on 07 August 18 at 18:30Permalink
    ICE Faux Pirate said:
    Guns, Gore & Connoli is a great game! And an easy completion to boot. Definitely pick that up at $5.

    Skyrim Remastered is also on sale for $20. They missed that for some reason.
    That's because it's not part of the weekly sale. It's a Bethesda Publisher sale. I assume their weekly sale picks up games through an automated system that has a certain cut off date, something that was mentioned earlier.
  • RacxieRacxie358,790
    Posted on 07 August 18 at 18:55Permalink
    I think it's a tad annoying that Compulsion Games keeps putting the 360 version of Contrast up for sale but not the X1 version (which has rarely been on sale).

    I enjoyed the 360 version and would love to stack it.
  • Soulbleed426Soulbleed426218,693
    Posted on 07 August 18 at 20:37Permalink
    Better pick up FH2 DLC before it all gets delisted.
  • J2B9J2B9624,021
    Posted on 07 August 18 at 20:47Permalink
    HolyHalfDead said:
    XenomorphFiend said:
    Seems a bit silly to leave out the Porsche pack foR FH2, when the rest is on sale.
    It will come down to licensing. If Turn 10 agreed to give Porsche $7.50 for every pack sold, they can’t exactly reduce it to $5. It’s why there are no Porsche in Forza games, that way they don’t have to pay Porsche a cent.

    The complete collection for $18 was a great deal since the Porsche pack alone costs $15. So $3 for everything else, including Storm Island was really Turn 10 pretty much giving it all away before the delisting. The Forza Motorsport 3 content was reduced to $1 the week before it was delisted.

    I think it is great what Turn 10 do, but there will still be people complaining next week that 80% off was too expensive but if Turn 10 had phoned them up and told them it was the last time it would be available they would have bought it.
    In the US the complete pack was $24.
    And the Porsche pack is only $10.
    So the Porsche pack + storm island for $5 now to be $15 is better than buying the complete bundle for $9 more for car packs you probably won’t use.

    And the Porsche pack has been on sale for $1.50 and $2.50 before so I can understand waiting to see if it does again but yeah nonetheless all the dlc is cheap right now.

    Also you can’t even buy the complete add on bundle anymore so that’s already been removed
  • Posted on 07 August 18 at 21:10Permalink
    Were the horrible frame rate issues in Just Cause 3 ever fixed?
  • WiznyattWiznyatt887,587
    Posted on 07 August 18 at 23:15Permalink
    I'll probably snag that Forza Horizon 2 DLC. I've got my fingers crossed on the NASCAR DLC for Forza 6...I hope it gets to $5 before it gets delisted.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead504,761
    Posted on 08 August 18 at 04:34Permalink
    J2B9 said:
    Also you can’t even buy the complete add on bundle anymore so that’s already been removed
    It was on sale all last week, but not only has the sale come to an end, it has also been "delisted". This might mean Porsche pack is gone for soon. People who care about completion percentage will just have to decide whether they will simply not play FH2 unless Porsche pack goes on sale. Those who have already started FH2 are gambling against some very high odds that it is $10 now, or never. Will you kick yourself more if it is $2.50 next week or if it is delisted next week?
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 08 August 18 at 04:43, Edited on 08 August 18 at 04:49 by Elite1111111111Permalink
    HolyHalfDead said:
    J2B9 said:
    Also you can’t even buy the complete add on bundle anymore so that’s already been removed
    It was on sale all last week, but not only has the sale come to an end, it has also been "delisted". This might mean Porsche pack is gone for soon. People who care about completion percentage will just have to decide whether they will simply not play FH2 unless Porsche pack goes on sale. Those who have already started FH2 are gambling against some very high odds that it is $10 now, or never. Will you kick yourself more if it is $2.50 next week or if it is delisted next week?
    The Add-Ons collection has been delisted before. Going off storeparser, they specifically list it as a 'sale', then delist it when the sale ends. I doubt they'll delist the individual DLCs before the game, and I doubt they'll delist the game before the GWG period ends.
  • Posted on 08 August 18 at 04:55Permalink
    Yummy Baklava said:
    Darkroder92 said:
    Forza Horizon 2 will be delisted soon so hurry up and grab all the dlc before its too late
    Stop spreading rumours. At most it COULD be delisted soon.
    It’s not a rumor. It happens every year.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,240,085
    Posted on 08 August 18 at 10:20Permalink
    platinumpwnzor said:
    Were the horrible frame rate issues in Just Cause 3 ever fixed?
    Not sure, I'm currently playing it, and sometimes the FPS kinda goes into slow motion? It's the weirdest FPS loss I've ever seen in a game. Normally FPS loss looks really choppy, but it's literally just slower motion in Just Cause 3. It's not bad enough to kill my enjoyment though.
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,123,764
    Posted on 08 August 18 at 18:47Permalink
    P00R GRENDEL said:
    Is Mirror's Edge Catalyst any good? I played the first one and that was fun.
    much better than the first one.
  • Posted on 08 August 18 at 18:51, Edited on 08 August 18 at 18:52 by Senior ChuponPermalink
    mkdfan1990 said:
    Is Stardew Valley ever on sale? Wanna buy it but wondering if it’s ever been a better price.
    Another option is retail. I've seen it 50% at some US retailers.

    Example: Target is 12.89 rn (without tax, depends on the state)

    https://www.target.com/p/stardew-valley-collector-s-edi....ds
  • matdanmatdan701,004
    Posted on 09 August 18 at 03:54Permalink
    Looks like they pulled down the Complete Addon Collection during this sale, almost like they don't want people's money and want people to avoid their old games. Why they can't put all their DLC on sale at once or on disc is beyond me.

    The worse part is only half of the DLC car packs are in the Car Pass making it the worst one of the series.
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
  • Posted on 09 August 18 at 17:21Permalink
    EarthboundX said:
    platinumpwnzor said:
    Were the horrible frame rate issues in Just Cause 3 ever fixed?
    Not sure, I'm currently playing it, and sometimes the FPS kinda goes into slow motion? It's the weirdest FPS loss I've ever seen in a game. Normally FPS loss looks really choppy, but it's literally just slower motion in Just Cause 3. It's not bad enough to kill my enjoyment though.
    So, no. It still sounds like the same broken mess, and it's probably not worth the frustration even at $6.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,240,085
    Posted on 09 August 18 at 22:04Permalink
    platinumpwnzor said:
    EarthboundX said:
    platinumpwnzor said:
    Were the horrible frame rate issues in Just Cause 3 ever fixed?
    Not sure, I'm currently playing it, and sometimes the FPS kinda goes into slow motion? It's the weirdest FPS loss I've ever seen in a game. Normally FPS loss looks really choppy, but it's literally just slower motion in Just Cause 3. It's not bad enough to kill my enjoyment though.
    So, no. It still sounds like the same broken mess, and it's probably not worth the frustration even at $6.
    I don't agree, it's not broken at all, but OK.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.