Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Prince of Persia, Earth Defense Force 2025 and Sine Mora Now Backward Compatible

AuthorMessage
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 08 August 18 at 11:53
Yes
DE4N MUFC
DE4N MUFC
Posted on 08 August 18 at 11:59
KenH2k4 said:
DE4N MUFC said:
Can someone please explain to me how/who chooses to make certain OG Xbox and 360 games backward compatible? Because I doubt they are made available by demand. I’ve seen a 360 for £20 so I’m considering buying it just so I can play games like Max Payne 3, Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway, IL-2 Sturmovik Birds of Prey and Alone in the Dark. I’ve waited a long time for them to be made BC on XB1 but I’ve given up hope now.
The publisher gives Microsoft permission. Atari published Alone in the Dark, and they've let the Ghostbusters games go BC, so it may happen one day. I hope it does because I'll gladly play the JP version. I loved that game, but everyone else hated it.
Yeah I thought Alone in the Dark was really underrated. When it first released I remember thinking the opening was great trying to escape the burning building and how when you picked up an object like a chair it could catch fire and the only way to really defeat an enemy was to burn them IIRC. It’s Max Payne 3 what surprises me the most that it hasn’t been made BC, it’s such a big game by one of the best developers in the world, Rockstar Games. Now OG Xbox games can be made BC I’d really like to see all Max Payne games on XB1 but as were this far in the XB1’s life I’m starting to see that it’s less and less likely to happen, hence why I’m looking to buy an Xbox 360.
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 08 August 18 at 12:15
DE4N MUFC said:
KenH2k4 said:
DE4N MUFC said:
Can someone please explain to me how/who chooses to make certain OG Xbox and 360 games backward compatible? Because I doubt they are made available by demand. I’ve seen a 360 for £20 so I’m considering buying it just so I can play games like Max Payne 3, Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway, IL-2 Sturmovik Birds of Prey and Alone in the Dark. I’ve waited a long time for them to be made BC on XB1 but I’ve given up hope now.
The publisher gives Microsoft permission. Atari published Alone in the Dark, and they've let the Ghostbusters games go BC, so it may happen one day. I hope it does because I'll gladly play the JP version. I loved that game, but everyone else hated it.
Yeah I thought Alone in the Dark was really underrated. When it first released I remember thinking the opening was great trying to escape the burning building and how when you picked up an object like a chair it could catch fire and the only way to really defeat an enemy was to burn them IIRC. It’s Max Payne 3 what surprises me the most that it hasn’t been made BC, it’s such a big game by one of the best developers in the world, Rockstar Games. Now OG Xbox games can be made BC I’d really like to see all Max Payne games on XB1 but as were this far in the XB1’s life I’m starting to see that it’s less and less likely to happen, hence why I’m looking to buy an Xbox 360.
There was a dry spell for a while but they haven't had a week this year that they haven't added at least one game. I think Max Payne will be BC at some point it probably just takes longer than some others to get ready. Almost all of Rockstar's other games that don't have a One version are BC now. I'm hoping they bring Max Payne 1&2 with them. I'd love to play through them again
Vokul Vegan
Vokul Vegan
Posted on 08 August 18 at 13:07
Just keep adding moar and moar!!
Kedrix
Kedrix
Posted on 08 August 18 at 13:53
dymagate said:
Funhaus have made EDF look incredibly fun so that's another one for the future hopefully. How did I miss the X-Com DLC getting relisted?!
You aren't the only one. I completely missed the DLC being relisted as well. I always complained because I thought $6.99 was just too high. But now it's back and my mouse is hovering over the buy button and I want to buy it so very much....ARGH!
Michael Durr Gamertag: Kedrix www.kedrix.net
scarlet speed
scarlet speed
Posted on 08 August 18 at 14:46
Kyl3Ruth said:
Hopefully they will get around you Ninja Gaiden II, I want to finish master ninja mode whenever it becomes backwards compatible.
I second the vote for Ninja Gaiden II as well as Razor's Edge and Yaiba. Would also like to see the 2nd and 3rd Prince of Persia games from original Xbox.
DielInfinite
DielInfinite
Posted on 08 August 18 at 15:50
DE4N MUFC said:
KenH2k4 said:
DE4N MUFC said:
I thought the linear introduction to Alone in the Dark was brilliant but then the driving sequence to Central Park was super buggy. Once you got to Central Park it improved over the driving sequence but never again reached the heights of the intro, in part because of the recurring problem with a lot of open world games where it just feels like you’re re-doing the same things just in different parts of the map.

I did love the idea of having dvd-like features to skip ahead or jump backwards in the story. Also, when it was released for PS3 they added some features and improvements. I doubt we’d see those carried over in a backwards compatible release but one can hope
iPowa
iPowa
Posted on 08 August 18 at 20:20
the JP after EDF 2025 means only the japanese version?? cry
I'm waiting for EDF since the backwards program presentation
Anubseth
Anubseth
Posted on 08 August 18 at 20:24
iPowa said:
Both versions are BC. You just checked the last letters but this is written:
Earth Defense Force 2025 and Earth Defense Force 2025 (JP)
iPowa
iPowa
Posted on 08 August 18 at 20:41
Anubseth said:
iPowa said:
laugh thx
BigNev44
BigNev44
Posted on 08 August 18 at 23:04
iPowa said:
Anubseth said:
iPowa said:
laugh thx
If you are looking to purchase it, the Japanese version is called Earth Defense Force 4.
Chuck710Taylor
Posted on 08 August 18 at 23:31
DielInfinite said:
DE4N MUFC said:
KenH2k4 said:
DE4N MUFC said:
I thought the linear introduction to Alone in the Dark was brilliant but then the driving sequence to Central Park was super buggy. Once you got to Central Park it improved over the driving sequence but never again reached the heights of the intro, in part because of the recurring problem with a lot of open world games where it just feels like you’re re-doing the same things just in different parts of the map.

I did love the idea of having dvd-like features to skip ahead or jump backwards in the story. Also, when it was released for PS3 they added some features and improvements. I doubt we’d see those carried over in a backwards compatible release but one can hope
I loved Alone in the Dark. When I got a new tag I jumped at the anticipation of playing through that game again. One achievement I never popped was the driving one. Definitely on the list for games that deserve a sequel but never will get one.
Smallville2106
Posted on 09 August 18 at 02:39
So is it just permission that Microsoft needs and then it’s a simple task for them to make it BC?

If that’s the case you’d think most publishers would grant permission.
Legendgenesis
Legendgenesis
Posted on 09 August 18 at 02:45
Smallville2106 said:
So is it just permission that Microsoft needs and then it’s a simple task for them to make it BC?

They also have to test it after porting it over and making the emulator in order to run it. Some games are fairly large so testing can take a while for some games.
Smallville2106
Posted on 09 August 18 at 03:06
Legendgenesis said:
Smallville2106 said:

They also have to test it after porting it over and making the emulator in order to run it. Some games are fairly large so testing can take a while for some games.
Ah, ok thanks for the info.
CatgirlFanatic
Posted on 09 August 18 at 03:13
TrueAssassin86x said:
Forget assassins creed we neeed another Prince of Persia game... Oh and EDF EDF EDF
Hell yeah. I loved that PoP game...probably my favorite of all of 'em.
A filthy degenerate obsessed with 2D.
boldfoxrd
boldfoxrd
Posted on 09 August 18 at 20:53
Prince of Persia is an amazing game. It's criminal that we havent had the next one.
rdenton85 that is my ps3 id
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.