Game Discussion: Overcooked! 2 Forum

Co-Op second profile doesn't get achievements.

AuthorMessage
Anti Wan Kenobi
Posted on 09 August 18 at 10:59
Just in case anybody was wondering about this, the second profile doesn't get any achievements or even progress towards the likes of chop x amount of food or throw five hundred ingredients.

Bit weird considering the first Overcooked gave achievements to both.
RayvenMorrigana
RayvenMorrigana
Posted on 09 August 18 at 14:24
I didn't think the first gave achievements to both, at least it didn't when it came out first, it's possible they changed that with a patch. The new one does if playing online, a bit silly that it doesn't do it if playing offline.
I said hey, listen to me, stay sane inside insanity. <3
Kugare
Kugare
Posted on 19 August 18 at 17:57
Info for other players:
I played this game online with my girlfriend and we had to do another playthrough, because in our case only the host (me) got ALL achievements without problems. She got achievements für getting 3 stars for nearly all stages, exept for world 4. I don't know why. She got progress for all "grindy" achievements... after a break some of them stopped to track until she started her own story mode. The main reason for another playthrough was because she got no progress for the "unlock all chefs" und to unlock them you have to finish the main story more or less. At least we only need 3 stars in world 4... so we only need a couple of hours for another playthrough.

If you plan to play this online with a friend at the moment: Expect to do 1 complete 3 star playthrough and another "easy" playthrough to unlock all chefs.
SciKo
SciKo
Posted on 09 September 18 at 00:51
Kugare said:
Info for other players:
I played this game online with my girlfriend and we had to do another playthrough, because in our case only the host (me) got ALL achievements without problems. She got achievements für getting 3 stars for nearly all stages, exept for world 4. I don't know why. She got progress for all "grindy" achievements... after a break some of them stopped to track until she started her own story mode. The main reason for another playthrough was because she got no progress for the "unlock all chefs" und to unlock them you have to finish the main story more or less. At least we only need 3 stars in world 4... so we only need a couple of hours for another playthrough.

If you plan to play this online with a friend at the moment: Expect to do 1 complete 3 star playthrough and another "easy" playthrough to unlock all chefs.
I can confirm that "Unlock all chefs" is Host Only. Apart from that everything seems fine for both players if playing co op online. Trackers might be a bit unreliable but haven't presented an issue yet at least.
Walk the SciKopath
Barrwg
Barrwg
Posted on 10 September 18 at 22:28
SciKo said:
Kugare said:
Info for other players:

I can confirm that "Unlock all chefs" is Host Only. Apart from that everything seems fine for both players if playing co op online. Trackers might be a bit unreliable but haven't presented an issue yet at least.
I just played through the whole game with my partner, and their profile (Xbox Live enabled) and they got absolutely no progress for anything whatsoever - while mine all unlocked fine.
Matt
SciKo
SciKo
Posted on 11 September 18 at 17:19
Yeah there seems to be very strange progress for the "non-host". Some achievements however has shown no progress at all yet still unlocked when they were supposed to, if that helps anyone in despair.
Walk the SciKopath
FiveWizz
FiveWizz
Posted on 30 September 18 at 01:13
Started this couch coop with my wife tonight and can confirm that even though she has a profile and is Xbox live enabled she didn't get any achievements including no progress to cumulative ones.

Kind of kills the vibe a little to do something so irrational to a game that's supposed to encourage playing together.
Ugh.

Fun though.
CarlosMaestre85
Posted on 07 March 19 at 20:29
This is, unfortunately, the same mechanics present in the first one. Overcooked Achievements
It would be nice if they could update this so every active profile gets, at least, the grindy achievements.
Theodoricus Rex
Posted on 01 May 19 at 16:16
I had none of these issues with the first game. My girlfriend was only unable to get the achievement for completing the game and completing all levels with three stars. She got all other achievements without any problem.

You would expect that the sequel would improve on this and not make it worse as it seems to be currently...
FiveWizz
FiveWizz
Posted on 02 May 19 at 09:57
My understanding is that they patched in for the second player to get achievements and progress. Maybe someone could confirm?
Prattalmighty
Prattalmighty
Posted on 08 May 19 at 16:14
I tried yesterday, still wasn't counting VS Win or played progress against a couch co-op, Live enabled profile
Follow me on LIVE & Twitter! LIVE: prattalmighty Twitter : @pratt_jwa
NapalmNiko
NapalmNiko
Posted on 17 August 19 at 08:13
My friend does get all achievements in my session
Greetings Niko
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.